Southern opinions on the Bay Area/Hyphy movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
@southend 206 that video clip in ur sig is funny as fuk.What makes it even better is after dude gets scraped the two white dudes take off away from the black guy like hes just gonna go hella mani and start takin off on everbody.

Nov 27, 2007
BEFORE THE HYPHY MOVEMENT CAME THRU THE WAS MOBB MUSIC.E-40 B LEGIT THE MOSSIE A-1 BOSKO BANGIN THE BEATS.THATS THE BAY SHIT I FUCKS WIT THAT WAS THE 90'S.E-40 IS FROM VALLEJO LIKE DRE BUT FROM 2 DIFFERENT PARTS OF TOWN.SO WHILE DRE WAS PUSHIN THE WHOLE CRESTSIDE THIZZ MOVEMENT 40 WAS IN THE HILLSIDE ON THAT MOBB SHIT.SHOT OUT 2 CELLY CEL I FORGOT 2 NAME THAT DUDE
BUT IM FROM DAGO SO I B ON THAT GOO HARD DAGO MUSIC.

Apr 25, 2002
The hyphy movement is complete and utter trash. I'm from the Bay Area and it makes the whole region look gay as fuck. That bullshit you see about that so-called movement on TV is not what's real. They make it seem like everybody here is acting like a fuckin retard while dressing like a flaming faggot with homo ass glasses and bitchmade backpacks while dancing like they belong in a fuckin mental institution. If you come here, you will see a few kids acting like jackasses and you'll shake your head and think to yourself, "what a bunch of morons," but that idiotic mentallity is not shared by most people around here.

Luckily that homo shit seems to be dying down already.

As for the music, it's lame as fuck. No lyrics, corny ass beats and concepts, whack styles, no substance whatsoever.. Nobody wants to hear about ghost riding a car, your ugly ass sunglasses, a yellow bus, "thizz," and acting "dumb."

Take it from me, a Northern Californian, hyphy is not what's up.

BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKK 2 THA OLD -SCHOOL........
NO' MO' CRUNK AND HYPHY......
SEEMS EVERYBODY MAKES SAME SHIT TODAY.....
BAY, SOUTH......
BACK IN THE DAYS THE UNDERGROUND SCENE WAS LOCAL.....VERY DIFFERENT FROM SIDE 2 SIDE.....
NOWADAYS SEEMS THAT EVERYBODY MAKES BEATS 2 DANCE TO......
EVEN WITH STREET LYRICS...BUT IT'S DANCE MUSIC OR RAP???????????