Southern opinions on the Bay Area/Hyphy movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 23, 2006
bay music fell off in a major way all the artists got too greedy when e-40 showed them a glimpse of fame and albums started droppin like crazy everyone should have chilled off the mixtapes and spent some time on there music instead of just goin off a gimmick and milkin it until it is dead

Jun 10, 2007
Da current hyphy sounds terrible. and i aint neva herd no1 out da bay besides mac dre talk bout stunna shades back in da day so how da south copy? but anywayz fuck stunna shades and backpacks dat shyt 2 flashy 4 street niggaz. Ask dat n igga Spice 1 and C-Bo

Dec 25, 2003
I'm from Dago (so cal) & a lotta people arent impressed by it at all, esp. the indie hip-hop fans, they hate it... I say only the mainstream fans like it esp. E-40 cuz imo, he deserves to blow up for the bay...

Oct 8, 2007
I love lots of bay music, I don't think I need to even say what I consider to be hyphy. I think everybody should have a pretty good idea what hyphy is..... Hell if you go onto download.com and click on hip-hop fucking hyphy's it's own category.... Anybody ever heard of Acafool? He's from where I'm from. Had that Hatablockas song. That guy belongs in the bay area.

Dec 13, 2006
who talks about stunna shades outside the bay lil boosie,soulja boy,young cash, jagged edge,dj unk,jermaine dupree, and hella other rappers from the south that i cant remember

Dec 13, 2006
oh yeahow can i forget tpain and also who gives a fuck about back packs wat does that have to do wit hyphy stunna shades been around out here way before all that hype the media put hella much on it talkin bout wearing shades is too flashy 4 street niggas being a street nigga dont got nuttin to do wit wat u wear

Oct 8, 2007
I'm not saying he's hyphy.... He's kinda like Florida's version of hyphy with all the shit he says about yellow buses and stupid pointless shit that nobody cares about. Also, his one and only hit was about some sunglasses that he claimed everybody was wearing.... Funny thing was, I live in the same town as dude and I'm very active in the hip-hop scene and I think I saw maybe a total of 5 pairs of hatablockas.

Jun 10, 2007
oh yeahow can i forget tpain and also who gives a fuck about back packs wat does that have to do wit hyphy stunna shades been around out here way before all that hype the media put hella much on it talkin bout wearing shades is too flashy 4 street niggas being a street nigga dont got nuttin to do wit wat u wear

Yea I agree wit cha but all im sayin is jus like da south da mainstream bay is weak ta me. But shyt so is da south and im from dine here mane. I like all undaground music and I still jam dat Mac dre in da slab same wit all da mob bay shyt.

Jun 10, 2007
801Norteno like I said da radio songz from da south r wack but u caint tell me dat da bay's radio shyt(Nowdays) r tite. It was all real back den from all coast it seems but now its a buncha bullshit. But u seriously cant say dat da undaground south is jus wack like dat

Sep 29, 2007
i dont fuck with any cranking and leaning and all that wiping shit, but when me and my homeboys wanna have fun we do all that hyphy shit
youll find a track you digg, let yourself go dumb to it, its fun as fuck
as far as the music goes, i know 99% suck, but that other 1% will get you going and youll learn to not pay attention to the shitty lyrics and just getting stupid
i dont know shit about fashion so i cant say anything about that
dont knock it till you try it

Edit:

to clear shit up, im from new york and ive been in georgia for 6 years
i doesnt seem popular where i am
and one of my homies is from oakland