Something that I think is fucking up rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

The thing is these rappers are promoting a lifestyle that is almost impossible to achieve. Kids see thier favorite rapper on TV and think that is how life really is. When they are old enough to get a job they realize they cant afford a dope ride on 24's and an iced out chain without doing some illegal shit, which ultimately will result in them getting locked up. The people that do work hard and buy themselves nice things legitimately are usually still living at home with thier mom because you cant buy a $40000 car and own a house on under $20/hour. They never get ahead in life because they are chasing the wrong things (money and hoes) instead of getting an education which you can use to get real money...

Nov 1, 2004
Enough having fun.

Do you even know what youre saying? Your comment is ignorant. Are you really that dumb? Or are you just talking shit?

Of course rappers are not responsible for your kids but what would YOU say if you see your son smoking on a pipe one day just because he heard it in a rap song?

You must be retarded to talk like that. You think it is cool to sell drungs? You have seen Scarface, Menace II Society and you still didn't understand the message of those movies. Where was your daddy at to explain what is good and what is bad?
Your comments show that you are fooled by those drug glorifying songs yourself.
But I assume you are still a 16-year old kid thats why I see no sense to discuss this thing with you.

Peace..

Jun 10, 2002
the thing bout these wanna be dope boy rappers is that half of them have never lived the life that they talk about because of they had they wouldnt be trying to steady glorify this shit they would be trying to steer kids the other way.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
nob0die said:
good shit... but i gotta question....
would that be why most great poets dont get recognized for their true talent until their death???
I would guess that with the human, personal element removed, the art can be seen for what it is, instead of for being a product of a person. When you hear a friend rap, or see their drawing, you see it as something they made, you see the bits and pieces, and how it all came together. When you study the work of a long dead artist, poet, or musician, all you see is the end result, and the glorified struggle. It seems much more ethereal, or unreal. Like its untouchable and astounding. Does that make sense?

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
I think the whole lot of em talk shit. it's all lies, if it was real don't u think there's cops who will listen 2 this shit n go arrest em n use the songs as evidence in court? Anybody can get on a mic n say 'I used 2 be a drug dealer' but how many of them have u actually gone and bought some drugs from?

Aug 11, 2003
the mainstream rap game has been shit since like 96.

mainstream has been about
Bitches (pimping, hoeing.shakin ass . ect)
Money
drugs
and KillingNiggas Which is a real problem for me.

Why the fuck in every song.. its always

NIGGa im gonna smoke this nigga..
this is one bitch ass nigga.

WHat the fuck.. is there No other Word for a person?

but.. theres nothing i can do about. it just seems over used and played the fuck out

its the reaosn why asians and whiteboys be saying this shit like its all fucking good.

Apr 20, 2005
welcome to hell.

and i know all u muthafuckers be listening to all that shit. If not, How tha fuck do yall know. Start makin ur own shit and make hip hop better.

Nov 7, 2006
8FIVE8 said:
welcome to hell.

and i know all u muthafuckers be listening to all that shit. If not, How tha fuck do yall know. Start makin ur own shit and make hip hop better.
if i knew how to i would but i garuntee i can make the same soundin lyrics than most rappers out there. so since i cant imma sit back and pray some1 dope comes out BIG and takes ova the industry but till then imma just listen to ipod lol

Apr 14, 2003
nob0die said:
i guess yall hate movies like Scarface, Menace II society, Boyz in the hood, Carlitos Way and any other movie that glorifies drug selling??? yall think too fuckin much into shit... it is what it is... quit bitchin about what another man is doin to get money... if u dont like it.. do something...or shutup.... this board is a bunch of whinin old fucks wishin time would stay still so that u can bboy and bop all day.... rap has evolved... it will never be back how it was... even ya old rappers from back in the day are rappin about new shit.... if they rap about bboyin and breakin nobodies gonna buy that crap... nor are people actually gonna listen to it..i wish i was on siccness back in the day to see if somebody was bitch about rap changin when JAyz came out with REasonable doubt... where he GLORIFIED sellin dope.... now he's your favorite rapper... u fucks are stupid... die slow u golden oldie rap fans....

Movies = Hollywood

Hip Hop = "Hollywood = Fake"

....So how you gonna compare that to the rap shit we're talkin about....that's "real life"...