Some important music biz. info/updates:

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 28, 2002
Chronic Queen had a very good point, but when you like at cats like "Scarface" who has been around for over fifteen years and can command a five mic rating in the "Source" there appears to be more to the puzzle. The difference is that many staple cats like him and cats like DR. Dre and DJ. Quick are moving with the times.

What is missing from bay albums are new and progressive beats and lyrics. How many times can an artist from the bay get over by just spitting game. Game is a staple on any record, but updated lyrics, beats, and subject matter is also very important. If you look at the rap game around you many regions have incorporated the west coast feel in there music. Shit, 6 or 7 years ago east coast artists wouldn't even think about doin analbum with live instruments. Now, you got Irv Gottie, Puffy, and all these cats playin live guitar and bass on they tracks. They use our slang, game, and music and they blow it up. Naw sampling is back in full force after Jay-Z released the Blue Print. They learned to adapt and they are winning. We in the bay have not stepped it up enough musically and business wise. We need to incorporate some of the new styles and make our sound fresh again. Start creatin a buzz in our own back yard. Once a region can prove that they got talent and people outside of they region is feelin em then they got power. The radio, majors, distributors, and everyone else will come running.

You look at southern artists, they support themselves. Artists in Texas alone can move close to 200,000 without gettin any support outside of there market. They real savage about the way they promote and market in the south. They gettin in the clubs, in colleges (way to overlooked market), in parties, BBQ's, blocks, and where anybody will listen to they music. They aint to worried about sweatin the mainstream radio cause when the streets, clubs, adn colleges get behind you the mainstream radio stations will damn near kick down ya door to get that single in roation. This is where bay area artists can start really turnin up they sales. By going after college radio you just hit 30,000 or 40,000 people without passin out a flyer. You get free promotion and you aint gotta deal with the politics of top 40 radio.

B-12 is on to somethin and people a support it instead of talkin about we can bring that power back in our back yard.

Just my dime and a half

A.K.

Mac & A.K.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Now not to sound like a stereotypical Italian, but I think B12s idea is on point. We should run the Bay rap scene as they run "Our Thing" (or La Cosa Nostra for others who ain't knowin)

A boss, underboss, capos and soldiers...Points of command. Doxx said it all to well tho that too many cats have egos and will all probably want to be "The Don". But you hafta earn your way up the ranks as does everyone else. As long as everyone on The Committee has the same goals and speaks on behalf of the entire organization.

Also as in LCN, you operate "within the family"...Kinda of like a union...You have producers in the union make your music, designers in the union make your covers etc. This also includes aspects such as duplication, promotion and distribution. IF you operate with a network and don't go OUTSIDE the network, then cats will really see how strong we can be.

And the final point is to outsiders...IF YOU AIN'T WITH US YOU'RE AGAINST US...Plain and simple. I'm sure I'll get some backlash on this but fuck it. It's how I feel and it's what I think NEEDS to happen in order for us to get our shit straight. We're operating too loosely without enough communication, yet from the previous posts it all looks like we have the same thing in mind. I ain't new to this...I've been doin it 10 FUCKIN YEARS. And just now (meaining the last couple of years) I've finally started to move up the ladder a bit ALL DUE TO NETWORKING with B12 and others.

I had seen this post for a few days and never really read it all. Well today I read every freekin post and I'm glad I did.

Oh and ONE MORE THING. I was talking with Cane and Arsen about this at the BBQ...ARTISTS CANNOT BE AFRAID OF DJ'S PUTTING THEIR SHIT ON MIXTAPES...Don't act like a fuckin idiot. There's a BIG difference between what I do and someone who bootlegs your CD. In New York and the South, the BIGGEST PROMOTION FOR AN ARTIST IS MIXTAPES...We need to drop our bullshit taboos and take a few cues from other regions who ARE on top (for now lol)

Well my fingers are tired from typing. Hope I didn't bore u guys

Mark

Apr 25, 2002
MARK-7,GOOD POST!LEV TOLD ME RICHIE RICH MIGHT DO THA MURDER INC./DEATH ROW(SUGE)MANAGEMENT!IF THIS WERE TO TAKE PLACE WE COULD USE IT TO OUR ADVANTAGE.....WE NEED A PLAN.B-DOZEN,HIT ME WIT THOSE #`S

LIM

Sicc OG
Sep 4, 2002
@B-12

B-12 I allways thought that your were jus full of shit....REAL CHOP I wasnt even about to not read this post....but I guess i cant go by what other mutha fuccas say jus cuzz they aint geting payed the way they feel they should...im starting to figure you out your a buisness man... some artist and ceo's speak on you to me like you got over on them when in actuality when you really think about it...there the ones that are not on point with there shit buisness wise....

know the terms......and I REGRET BUMPING HEADS WITH YOU MY NINJA.......C-LIM

dont hold it agianst me.......

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
I appreciate the love LIM. Who would have figured that you ARE human? I'm just fuckin wit cha dog. But yeah, everything ain't true about everyone that we hear or nobody would get along. As for bumpin' heads, that never personal. I'm open to whatever. I just try to treat muthafuckas the way I want to be treated. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Stay up doggie.

Peace,

B-12

Apr 25, 2002
Mark...you know a Jewish cat made up the term "This Thing Of Ours" right?

and i'm an italian/jew...so i feel you 100% lol

and ya right about the mixtapes...man...i have so many mixtape connects in the east/and south

i asked cats if they wanted to be put on some mixtapes out there...not one cat hit me with a track

if you get me an "exclusive" i guarentee to get you 500 more fans(if ya sihts dope) and 5,000 more people to hear it

my boys on the east are beggin me to send them some hot bay shit for the mixtapes

W

westcoastridaz

No one from the East want your Bammer ass shit, Young Hoe. You coward ass bitch using people of color to do your bids. You can find some hungry fake ass bitches to hang out with you. You broke wack ass bitch.

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
@CUDA & B-12

Even though I'm from L.A., but the East Bay, Sac, Stockton, Vallejo, etc... feels like home, I'm feeling the fuck out of this topic.
I remember when Booya-Tribe talked about this same topic at their photo shoot with the source magazine, you were there 12.
That was, what, 2 years ago? Well I'm wit it folks. Cuda you're kinda smart playa lol!!!!!!!. It was a pleasure meeting you at the bbq. Sayso is a fool.

May 21, 2002
Suavicito/Yeah, I figured I'd kick back off the sticky icky and save the last remaining brain cell I had and donate it to the game.

What was I saying...? (damn short term memory is gone)...oh, yeah, when are you going back to SAC?

I'm planning on going back in a few weeks. We're planning on getting togther to discuss this uniting.

Stay up,
Cuda

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Whats your talking about is exactly what coroparte American does, with mergers... sounds difficult, but simple concept

who's ever idea it is to start this up, B-12, should be CEO, and like any CEO, appoint chairmen...

you might think ohhh B12 will appoint all his own boys, not if he wants to be successful, if smart, select like 5-10 other very diverse and music savvy people... now the picken of the litter begins... whats Chairmen says goes, they pick who joins the union, they do the Negotiating with Radio, Manufactures ect. They pass down votes to all the labels involve, we come to them whn there problems ect.

With all the resources and funds from all partys... can really blow up the 8 Albums a month... and they'll be hand picked and tight music, to where people will TRUST any release this Union, Company, INC what ever you wanna call it.

I've studied business in college for awhile, and see how this could work, Build a name people trust... and sales will exced years to come... only problem, is ow to break down where and how and why the money you make goes, and the union fee!

I can give a lot of good ideas, so hit me up!

May 4, 2002
me and this man got off on the wrong foot due to my impatiece and arrogance....but now everytime we cross paths its family handshakes and bear hugs.......some people are designed to fail....some are designed to prevail.....B whatever it is my nigg....u doin it.....at the same time keepin the bay visible...and strong......if it wasnt for what u and yours is doin....this shit we speakin on wouldnt even exisist so tough........ive had the oppurtuntiy to chop it and listen on some important issues that include me and others like me how this shit goes....u always the typa cat to chop game with those really tryin to do this shit.....and thats what made me respect what u do...and who u is........regardless when its all said and done.....alotta muthafukas gotta thank u for your contributions to help their contributions be distributed.......feel? one love to everybody REALLY in this....NOTHIN happens overnight.......

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
N Jail: Thanks for the vote of confidence. I would gladly do wahtever it took to make this happen. Being CEO of it isn't my goal but whatever it is, I'll put 110%. I love this music and I live, eat and breath this shit and I hate to see what has happened to the game. You got somne good ideas on this issue, I'd like to see you be a part of it somehow. We need leaders and soldiers. Execution will be the key!

Syko: Man, I really appreciate what you are saying and I do understand what you mean at the end there. For real, we did bump heads at one time but you a real muthafucka and everytime we kick it we speak the turth to each other and we go so much in common through our fam bam that we can't help but fuck with each other. I'm ridin' with cha dog, fuck the haters. They only hate what they don't understand. As for your career, it WILL happen. Believe that. I think you and A-Wax is too of the hardest muthafuckas on the mic right now and I'm not just saying that, I mean it. I don't be feeling alot of shit and I don't make my opinion known on alot but for real the shit you been coming with lately, especially those beats have been tremendous. Keep smashin dog.

Everyone else, keep the input going cuz it's long overdue.

Peace.

Apr 25, 2002
Syko-C-Lim...
y'all both some talented cats...

this post is drama-free...this is about the network...
beef is real...so i ain't sayin don't beef or not bullshit like that...y'all men and gonna handle it like you want to

but let's keep it out of this post aight

damn...the rap game got so many soldiers...if only we could organize
we wouldn't have a Plant as a president