so i quit my job

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2006
I fuckin had it with my job even though ive been working there for like 2 years. They gave me my review and raise and I refused to sign it and told them I quit. So I put in my 2 weeks notice and now I need to find another job...anybody know anywhere hiring thay pays $14+ hourly?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I'm a retail supervisor. and my raise was 46 cents more per hour.
after 2 years of work and only 46 cents is indeed trash. I get my raise after 2 years this summer. and if its anything like yours, i won't put in a 2 weeks notice right then and there, but I will be peacing out once i find a better job. What was the excuse they gave you?

Feb 1, 2006
after 2 years of work and only 46 cents is indeed trash. I get my raise after 2 years this summer. and if its anything like yours, i won't put in a 2 weeks notice right then and there, but I will be peacing out once i find a better job. What was the excuse they gave you?
It was my annual raise. Our stores scores are low (red) and apparently a majority of my review score is based on that.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
sounds like bullshit if you ask me. whats that gotta do with what you do as a supervisor? did they even explain the score to you? just sounds lame to me..."Sorry our store is doing bad, so all we can give you is 46 cents, mmm k. just sign here."
but thats gangsta that you quit in there face like that. lol I'm 27 years old, can't be doing that shit no more. can't quit unless you got something lined up, and never burn bridges.

Feb 1, 2006
sounds like bullshit if you ask me. whats that gotta do with what you do as a supervisor? did they even explain the score to you? just sounds lame to me..."Sorry our store is doing bad, so all we can give you is 46 cents, mmm k. just sign here."
but thats gangsta that you quit in there face like that. lol I'm 27 years old, can't be doing that shit no more. can't quit unless you got something lined up, and never burn bridges.
yeah well thats how corporate retail is...they explained the score to me and i understand it but it is totally unfair...and i wasnt gonna go out like a bitch i straight told my boss i quit...id rather continue working there but Ive got dignity...I think..

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
should've kept your job..a job is very hard to find right now in these times,shit i ben at mines for a lil over a year now im at 13.50 order selecting in a warehouse.hella times i wanted to walk off and tell them fuck you but if you got responsibilities such as rent to pay and kids to feed some shit doesnt seem all that hard off a job to do...

Jan 5, 2006
im gonna quit my job after my birthday, that way i for sure know ill have my bday off and the weekend. If i start a new job ill probably have to work my bday and the weekend.

Jul 8, 2003
Retail is tough. The avarege raise for a retail position (even supervisor positions) is 3-4%. That's if you're in a smaller retail outlet, or workin with Wal-Mart, Target, etc. That's just the industry standard.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
good luck....I'm jobless right now, I got some bullshit job lined up at blockbuster but that's only temporary. alot of places are turning me away.

I wish the police would tho, they took me in for a warrant I didn't know I had in front of my son. :(

:::turns on 2pac:::

Out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin....