Snoop signs to Star Trak

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
Big Snoop Dogg hasn't ever really found a home after leaving Death Row Records in 1998 to join Master P's No Limit Records. He's moved a couple times since then, from No Limit, Snoop left to start his own label now called Doggystyle Records...

Now according to MTV News, Snoop Dogg has moved once again. This time Snoop inked a deal with the Neptunes' Star Trak imprint for his upcoming solo project.

"We're trying to bring him back to Chronic-era Snoop," Chad Hugo of the Neptunes told MTV, referring to the 1992 Dr. Dre album, where the world first got to know Snoop.

Star Trak went through some changes earlier this year, when the label left its original home of Arista for Interscope Records.

When Snoop's yet-to-be-titled next album drops at the year, it will one of the first albums to drop from Star Trak since its move to Interscope.

Source: Ballerstatus.net

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Snoop is a fucking hipocrite. He talks all that shit about the west coast not getting the props they deserve, and then he signs with an east coast label. I also heard hes getting Lil Jon to produce a song for him. No wonder the west aint what it used to be, the wests biggest artists (Snoop, Dre) doesnt even show support.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

"The way the business treats us on the west coast is real bad. We don't get no air play on the east coast, but east coast artists get all kinds of play on the west coast. We are just perceived totally different."

"They are always stealing our style, our slang, stealing our looks, stealing everything about us, and then getting paid off it, and we don't get anything. We just get pushed out the door."

"It's like this on the west coast: 'If you ain't with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, we ain't letting you in,' and that ain't fair. They should be given the opportunity just as well."

Apr 25, 2002
playa RY said:
Snoop is a fucking hipocrite. He talks all that shit about the west coast not getting the props they deserve, and then he signs with an east coast label. I also heard hes getting Lil Jon to produce a song for him. No wonder the west aint what it used to be, the wests biggest artists (Snoop, Dre) doesnt even show support.
^^ lmao what hes supposed to sign to fuckin getlow or somethin just to show west coast love? man get the fuck outta here with that..dude is makin his own moves and worryin bout himself..he goin to whoever got the best deal for HIM..it aint up to snoop to fuckin carry the west coast on his back while he climbs mt everest....PROPS TO SNOOP..

Dec 16, 2003
Mtown Criminal said:
^^ lmao what hes supposed to sign to fuckin getlow or somethin just to show west coast love? man get the fuck outta here with that..dude is makin his own moves and worryin bout himself..he goin to whoever got the best deal for HIM..it aint up to snoop to fuckin carry the west coast on his back while he climbs mt everest....PROPS TO SNOOP..
naw dude aint gotta sign wit get low....he could sogn wit aftermath("west coast")....get some dre beats.. ..have tray dee, bad azz all those mothafukas,now add a couple norther kali niggas on there like killa tay,c bo and shit u gonn have banging kali album.....but instead da mothafucka fuckin wit lil jon and now star trak....... fuk dat mayne

Apr 25, 2002
^^ lmao...so u know snoop right..and u know dre and all them?..u know for a fact that an equally good deal was put in his face from aftermath and he just stepped past it and went to star track?.. yall str8 ignorant..SNOOP DONT OWE YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE SHIT!!!! YALL DONT PUT FOOD ON HIS TABLE>>THE MAJORITY OF YALL WOULDNT BUY HIS ALBUM IF HE LET U PICK N CHOOSE EVERY FUCKIN FEATURE AND BEAT!...really tho..."he coulda got all these west coast rappers on his shit and just made a classic..and they all lived happily ever after"..dogg it doesnt work that way...snoop is doin what HE wants to do..what if he aint feelin dre's shit right now? what if he dont wanna fuck with them? what if he likes lil john shit?...naw fuck that he needs to make it HOW U LIKE IT FUCK HIS PERSONAL PREFERENCE JUST DO IT HOW THEY WANT SO THEY CAN GO BURN YOUR ALBUM AND PASS COPIES OUT TO THEY CRIP WALKIN TEENY BOPPER FRIENDS...lmmfao..yall crack me up

Apr 30, 2004
The lines between coasts are so blurred right now that it doesn't even/ shouldn't even matter what label Snoop is signed on. Star Trak is hot right now. Little Jon is hot right now. Snoop wants to be hot right now. It sounds like good business to me. Would you consider 50 Cent to be West Coast? He's on Shady/Aftermath. How bout Eminem? The hip-hop community shouldn't be divide by retarded coastal barriers. Rep where you're from, but don't hate on people cause they rep another place. In the end it's about money, so deal with it.

May 21, 2002
Snoop has no integrity left,

Final straw for me was him playing Huggy Bear (a fucking police informer)

187 on an undercover cop

Im sure Star Trak is more a Southern label than East Coast tho

Dec 16, 2003
NIGGA ALL I GOTTA SAY IS FUK SNOOP.....DUDE TALKING BOUT DA WEST COAST IS DEAD AND WE AINT GET NO PLAY DEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NIGGA....MOTHAFUJKA GOT CONNECTIONS..BUT DEN DUDE GOES ON AND SIGN WIT STAR TRAK FUUUK DAT.....

Apr 25, 2002
say what u say..i give a fuck..i stated real shit..all yall can say is fuck snoop..he aint doin what i want so fuck him..lmao..on some funny shit...dude is a grown man with a family makin millions...im sure he brushes yall off his shoulders like nothin regardless..

Dec 16, 2003
Mtown Criminal said:
say what u say..i give a fuck..i stated real shit..all yall can say is fuck snoop..he aint doin what i want so fuck him..lmao..on some funny shit...dude is a grown man with a family makin millions...im sure he brushes yall off his shoulders like nothin regardless..

FUK WUT U SAY NIGGA.....I DONT GIVE A FUK IMA SAY WUTEVA DA FUK I WANNA SAY NIGGA ...GO LICK ON SNOOP BALLS NIGGA.....FUCKIN DICK RIDIN LIKE A MOTHAFUKA NIGGA