Should X-Raided keep Big Hollis as his producer?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What do you all think about the sound Big Hollis delivers for X-Raided tracks?

• Tight as fuck!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Cool

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • It's Alright

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Wack ass remixes with the same song done over and over again!

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
S

Sicx is My Hero

i got luni's first album...thought it was coo, then i heard every single track since and they were all the same...that murder dog comp was joke

someone snatch his goddamn triton

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
It's not that I don't like Big Hollis' production, but I think that it doesn't belong on an album that has some hardcore gangsta raps on it. When you are coming hard on the mic you need some hard beats that slap hard. Big Hollis' production sounds more like an R&B type of feel to me. His production just doesn't fit in with artists like X-Raided or Luni Coleone.

On top of that everyone of his beats sounds so similar it's hard to tell if there is anything different about them. Other producers like Ric Rok or Bosko or Nick Piece seem to come with a different feel to everyone of their beats. Big Hollis' beats sound so similar on every song. I'm knoccin the man, cause I wish I could produce half as good as he does, but if I was an underground gangsta artist I wouldn't be using Big Hollis beats at all.

My advice to X-Raided and Luni Coleone is to avoid Big Hollis beats at all cost. No disrespect to the man cause I think he can produce, but his style just doesn't fit with these artists.

My $0.02

Late!

Apr 26, 2002
T-Spoon said:
needs siccmade production. fold.
yeah, on Psychoactive when Lynch was producing. the energy was there, they made a really good team. Or get sum shit from KG, he has knocks.
I'd say a couple tracks from hollis, not the whole album

Apr 25, 2002
the answer is.................

NO.....XRAIDED NEEDS TO COME WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SOUND...THEM HOLLIS "KNOCKS" JUST DONT WORK....I AGREE...LET LYNCH OR PHONK BETA DROP SOME PRODUCTION ON THE ALBUM...

AS OFF BALANCE AS IT SOUNDS..ID LIKE TO HEAR RAIDED FUCK WIT SOME EAST CO CO BEATS

May 16, 2002
i like hollis beats and i think that he did some tight shit with raided (not all but some) and i think he should continue to do a few track with X but not the whole cd.....variety is good...i think x raided should get some variety with his beats.....

S

Sicx is My Hero

JStaxxx said:

He doesn't even own a Triton dogg... He fucks with Roland, Trinity, and MPC
OMG IT'S NOT LIKE THE TRITON *DOESN'T* HAVE THE EXACT SAME SOUNDS AS THE TRINITY - oh wait it does

you are a fucking idiot.

S

Sicx is My Hero

T-Spoon said:
needs siccmade production. fold.
that's like saying "My horse took a shit on my front lawn, what I need is a dog to shit there instead."

Jose

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
I liked Vengeance Is Mine and The Initiation but I think Hollis should only produce a few tracks.

Producing a whole album by himself would turn me away because some of his beats do sound the same and sound monotonous. But then again he produces some classics like Sac-A-Indo (where Im from).

Im liking the idea of Woodie producing some tracks for X-Raided tho.

Anyway, just to be clear if its all hollis or no hollis I'd go with NO MORE HOLLIS.

Apr 25, 2002
Big Hollis needs to stop ruining all of X-Raided's cds. His beats are boring, sound all the same, and most of the time just suck. He needs to find whoever produced the Unforgiven and hook back up with them.

Apr 26, 2002
Sicx is My Hero said:

that's like saying "My horse took a shit on my front lawn, what I need is a dog to shit there instead."
no, it's more like "my horse took a shit on my front lawn and nobody can clean it up except siccmade." fold.