Should I be worried about Spokeo.com?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
The first site I looked at had some accurate info on me, but it also said that I am 34 years old and then there was another match that was also me but it said I was 83 years old. I wonder where they got those ages, I'm 28 lol.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
How have they not gotten sued yet, i would think that by now theres at least one person dead because some serial killer from their high school days found them and killed em because they signed up for the one month trial at findtorturekill.comm and it had their familys info
it's "public information", apparently.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Yeah, I removed myself a long time ago too, but all of these sites have disclaimers that the info is gathered from publicly available sources.

I'm not listed in the phone book and I don't own a home, so I'm not sure what those supposed public sources were. Maybe it's from voter registration or the post office? Definitely pretty creepy either way though.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, I removed myself a long time ago too, but all of these sites have disclaimers that the info is gathered from publicly available sources.

I'm not listed in the phone book and I don't own a home, so I'm not sure what those supposed public sources were. Maybe it's from voter registration or the post office? Definitely pretty creepy either way though.
The DMV is one of the top sellers of peoples private info.

Also magazine and catalog companies too.