Shanahan FIRED!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
was just coming to post this!!! hahaha

never thought it would happen but someone had to be held accountable for the past few years and on the coaching side he was the only constant there.

Mar 16, 2005
i watching nfl network, terrell davis looks like he is going to cry.

i dont think this was a good move, he will be back to stick it to denver
im guessing he was asked to step down from full control so Pat could hire a good dc and others and shanny said no, so Pat said see ya later then.

The game on the d side is so out of shanahans control and even on the o-side he hasn't been the same without td john sharpe, and even plummer.

I cant say I like this move, but at the same time we were not going to win another one with shanny at the helm.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
im guessing he was asked to step down from full control so Pat could hire a good dc and others and shanny said no, so Pat said see ya later then.

The game on the d side is so out of shanahans control and even on the o-side he hasn't been the same without td john sharpe, and even plummer.

I cant say I like this move, but at the same time we were not going to win another one with shanny at the helm.
makes sense, im mostly thinking from the outside looking in. im mean you will admit that no one expected denver to win as many games as they did. He had the team playing well with zero defense and the running game depleted by injuries. some impressive road wins along the way.

scary,
do you think(or has it been discussed) that shanny didnt want to draft cutler? im wondering if he wouldve been better off keeping plummer and drafting elsewhere.

Feb 13, 2006
Agree with Scary, not sure if I like it. Shanahan "the coach" is top 5 in the NFL, Shanahan "the G.M." is bottom 5 in the league. His demeanor probably been stale in the locker room for awhile, hopefully we get someone with that fire in their eyes.

Mar 16, 2005
makes sense, im mostly thinking from the outside looking in. im mean you will admit that no one expected denver to win as many games as they did. He had the team playing well with zero defense and the running game depleted by injuries. some impressive road wins along the way.

scary,
do you think(or has it been discussed) that shanny didnt want to draft cutler? im wondering if he wouldve been better off keeping plummer and drafting elsewhere.
well everyone here if they remembers knows I was a huge plummer backer. his 3 full seasons as starter was 3 playoff apperaences including afc championship game once...Cutler none! I know cutler is young and i myslef have said a thousand times it takes at least 3 years as a strater to get a good feel for a qb rookie, but man it's hard to say we would have done better with plummer this year.

As far as I know Shanny was all for the cutler hiring so cant say it was a disagreement there like the titans and young situation.

My real true guess is he didnt want to give up full control so Pat said see ya. between the bad fa signings, the bad drafts (other than the past 2), etc... Pat has had enough with the bad spending of money, and the open door at D cord past few years.

I can only see Pat doing this if something big is already in place......maybe bringing kubiak back here, maybe he knows wade could be gettig let go?? maybe parcells....hard to say

very surprising sad day in broncoland but at the same time change could be a good thing.

I will go on record right now and say unless we get one of the coaches i mentioned above there is nooooo way we contend for afc weest title next year

Mar 16, 2005
Also another reason I think could be is he already said Slowick would be retained has DC and as we seen this season that would be a baaaaaaad move, maybe Pat told Shanny not to keep him and back and forth who knows.
shanny speaks tomorrow at 11 mtd

May 2, 2002
very surprising sad day in broncoland but at the same time change could be a good thing.

well put!

I personally would go after Marty Shottenheimer. He's been very successful everywhere just not in the big game and not against the Broncos. What a better way to come back as the coach of the team that has been such a thorn in your side. Maybe he could break the SB curse in Denver.