SF to build westcoasts tallest Skyscraper

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2002
...by 2014. this should make the skyline look pretty dope.

SAN FRANCISCO - Architects unveiled three competing plans for a new downtown skyscraper and transit hub that would be the West Coast's tallest building.

"Today is an historic day," Mayor Gavin Newsom said as he pulled away a black cloth covering the three elaborate models at a City Hall ceremony Monday.

The three designs range in height from 1,200 feet to 1,375 feet — each much taller than the 853-foot Transamerica Pyramid, currently San Francisco's tallest building. At 1,018 feet, the U.S. Bank Tower in downtown Los Angeles is now the West Coast's tallest building.

Each tower design tops a transit terminal that would become the Bay Area's regional transportation hub, with plans calling for bus service, commuter rail, and eventually high-speed rail.

The designs also emphasize environmental sustainability, with such design elements as rooftop wind turbines that would generate power for the complex.

A jury that includes architects, engineers and a transportation expert will recommend a winning design later this month to the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, a regional agency created in 2001 to oversee the construction of the new transit terminal.

The authority is expected to name a winner in September and the transit station is slated to open by 2014.

Jun 6, 2006
thats weak ass fuck....all these killings going on and these mafuckas got the audacity to wanna build a sky scraper.... woopty fuckin do

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
C.M.P CEO said:
thats weak ass fuck....all these killings going on and these mafuckas got the audacity to wanna build a sky scraper.... woopty fuckin do
yep, the whole world needs to stop progressing, ever thought that building this project will give people tons of jobs? and in turn help some familys survive?

Mar 16, 2005
C.M.P CEO said:

???

wtf does killings have to do with building a skyscraper that will bring jobs to the local economy?

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
JLMACN said:
Save us from your thoughts and tell your little brother to give you another tattoo...

cmp got money to get ugly tattoo's, the money could have fed some poor children.

C

CcytzO_Loc

i wonder if they gonna have housing in them buildings and how much it would cost....id live in that shit.....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
CcytzO_Loc said:
i wonder if they gonna have housing in them buildings and how much it would cost....id live in that shit.....
Probably some pimped out suites I'd imagine..It would be dope (yet scary) to live in one of the upper floors of the tallest buildings in West Coast. Though in Frisco you might just get a lovely view of the fog.

C

CcytzO_Loc

Likwid said:
Probably some pimped out suites I'd imagine..It would be dope (yet scary) to live in one of the upper floors of the tallest buildings in West Coast. Though in Frisco you might just get a lovely view of the fog.

lol...it aint always foggy though.....i had a room at the hilton a few weeks ago and i had a great view of the city....thats why i was just thinkin it would be kinda tight to have an apt like that....i dont like heights too much but as long as im inside its coo.....