Season of da siccness original cd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
I have the og priority version and also have a version that says 94/95 black market that is not on priority, I will post pix later today.
I have 5 different versions, including the one that you're talking about and it's not the OG. The only true OG is the BMR/Priority. That version says 94/95, but was actually pressed up in the early 2000's. I can't remember the exact year, but it says 94/95, because the actual recordings are from 94 & 95. That's not the OG.

This is why I collect as many versions of an album as I could. This way I know the difference. I can blow your mind with the different versions of E-40's "Mail Man" album, The Click "Down & Dirty" cassette tape version, Too Short "Don't Stop Rappin'" and etc. Rap Music Guide would have to start completely over with a lot of it's albums (scans, info, features and etc.), because a lot of titles contain incorrect information. Heck, I've found some album entries that have different pressings numbers (1st Press, 2nd Press and so on), but the picture scan that's being shown is the same image being used for different pressings.

Like Flaimm said, the OG is the BMR/Priority. It doesn't matter if it has the white sticker over the yellow bar code or just the yellow barcode, because its the same release, just re-packaged. However, I did find that there were two different pressing codes for this same BMR/Priority Records version. Now that's the conundrum. Yep, the artwork is exactly the same, but the matrix or as most call it, "Pressing Code's" are different. I found this to be true with Kokane's 1st pressing "Funk Upon A Rhyme Album" among many others as well.

Last edited:

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
killahoe666 @killahoe666 - Post it anyway, I want to see what it looks like.

Well I talked to my friend and no luck with the cd. He said he lost it and I'm sure it's possible to find a picture of what I'm talking about, but probably a pain in the ass and I wouldn't doubt there could be a rerelease that looks like the one I'm talking about. It was so many years ago, since I looked at the actual one my friend had. The cd itself was black, but I think there may have been something slightly different about it and there definitely wasn't a yellow barcode over the image of the gravestone.

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
Low and behold I think the Priority version is the first reissue. Somebody listed a tape on ebay which caught my eye because I noticed it had the distinct "black market advisory insane lyrics" parental advisory similar to the XV first CD pressing and tape rerelease. It has some text in the booklet about setrippin bloccstyle coming soon and the barcode is similar to the priority version with yellow text. The "Brotha Lynch Hung" is also the thicker font like the priority version. After I started speculating somebody else listed another copy specifically claiming their copy to be an OG pre priorty. It doesn't make sense for this version to come right after the Priority version (had to predate setrippin) and it shares some characteristics of the Priorty version (parental advisory placement). I'm thinking it was originally a tape only release. I've seen the cd lots of time in person and looking down googling images I dont see one cd cover with the insane PA.

Last edited:

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
Tell him to show the back of the spine where it says priority since he don't wanna show it
well damn...

if thats the case i still think it might be an instance of the tape being the true og since the barcodes different and it has the insane PA. I could see priority changing it to a more conventional PA sign for a rerelease.

that dudes risking getting his item returned he point blank says "This is before the contract with Priority Records". I think I have SODS tape somewhere. i'm going to have to try to find I might've missed the PA the last time I looked at it or I might have the other priority one. I want to see that hidden spine...

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
I remember owning that tape. It may be the first tape release, but I saw the cd I was talking about before that.

Last edited:

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
I wonder which tape I had now, but I think it was like flaimm's. It's definitely a trip how many pressings this album has had.

Jul 22, 2010
well damn...

if thats the case i still think it might be an instance of the tape being the true og since the barcodes different and it has the insane PA. I could see priority changing it to a more conventional PA sign for a rerelease.

that dudes risking getting his item returned he point blank says "This is before the contract with Priority Records". I think I have SODS tape somewhere. i'm going to have to try to find I might've missed the PA the last time I looked at it or I might have the other priority one. I want to see that hidden spine...
The plot thickens... but why, after pre '95 blackmarket releases as well as releases from around 95 which are on cd and tape, would they issue SODS on just a tape first I wonder? (Not assuming they did)

Jan 6, 2003
L @lounge :
1: the cassettes could have been pressed right before the CDs were manufactured and they clocked the distribution deal with priority. I don't know how hard it is to change a barcode compared to adding text (priority etc) and logos on cover art (it might be), but this might explain why the first priority batch had a white bar code sticker covering the yellow bar code. a similar case happened with the first Celly Cel CD that first was released independently before Jive picked it up. there is a small batch of Sick wid it records only CDs that were distributed through Jive where they'd attached a jive barcode sticker over the OG SWI bar code. this isn't exactly the same story as they got the remaining indie CDs and only put on the new bar code sticker. the case here could be that Priority got the deal earlier in the process so that they managed to halt the CD manufacturing. If so there won't be any BMR only CDs releases, only a BMR only tape.

2: funny thing is that no one has ever seen the "insane lyrics" tape until now when it pops up three or four simultaneously on ebay. This is something that might look a bit fishy, especially with all the hardcore tape collectors on this board which never knew about this one until now. does that make any sense? One of the sellers even got it signed by brotha lynch hung in a store right after he released dinner and a movie. he doesn't say if he purchased the tape then or brought it to the store for signing after keeping it secretly at home for years though. Is it likely to think that someone has printed the tapes later, let's say if lynch himself had the files for the original cover art that never was released and then decided to press it? Or has somebody recently launched a hidden batch of tapes stored somewhere for 19 years? These are conspiracy theories that makes illuminati look weak though LOL

3: Or someone is sitting somewhere with "insane lyrics" PA labeled CDs that are real OGs. but remember this is a 95 PA label from black market. Psycho active had a regular one, 24 deep OG had only PA text and the first re-release of 24 deep had a regular PA label and XV was released on CD in 95...

I'm just writing off the top of my head...

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
2. I thought it was odd too. With all the collectors and discussions on the OG for SODS its weird it took this long for proof to pop up. To some extent its like the dead for life OG tape though (the white version). Very rare and could easily be lost. Maybe somebody did stumble on tapes in storage which isn't a huge stretch. Even if people didn't know the details its consistent with the rumors circulating around since way back about an OG.

Also theres 2 on ebay, only one on ebay is confirmed to be the pre priority other spine isnt visible (looked like an og). And regarding altering barcode i doubt it would be hard, they added the priority logo for the insane reissue flaimm brought up.

3. The PA specifically dates it for 1995. i dont think the SODS tape is pre 95 since its dated 94/95 but given that PA is on a 95 release (XV reissue also a BM release with no major distribution like og SODS) I think that is consistent with it being OG. The priority version would've been in print beyond 95 so it only makes sense it came before it in 95.

Last edited:

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
I don't think this was ever a "tape only" release. There's some good info on this site if you search. I did do some searches to see what would pop up. There was some good info and probably other info I didn't uncover, but that tape was still interesting to see. I could go more into it if you want, but will just leave it at this for now. I do wonder about what the story is on the BMR only tape release is tho..

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
From my research the first season came out in Nov 94 the code is BMR something and wasn't distributed by priority at that time but later came out on priority Feb 1995, the one I have is on priority and has a white barcode sticker over a yellow one 049925396720 so I'm just wondering what my version is worth like new and what's the old version worth? thanks basement for the links.
You're right.... However there was a release that had no barcode.

I had one and sold it for nearly 1500, the Sicx "dead 4 life" and Mr. Doctor "settrippn'" also had a no barcode releases. They just have the circle BMR seal.

Those are the real OG's but are impossible to find.

Season Of The Siccness has been reprinted so many times. I've seen like 15-20 different versions. If you have the pseudo OG with the barcode the disc should reflect like any other cd just lynches face is on the disc faintly.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Low and behold I think the Priority version is the first reissue. Somebody listed a tape on ebay which caught my eye because I noticed it had the distinct "black market advisory insane lyrics" parental advisory similar to the XV first CD pressing and tape rerelease. It has some text in the booklet about setrippin bloccstyle coming soon and the barcode is similar to the priority version with yellow text. The "Brotha Lynch Hung" is also the thicker font like the priority version. After I started speculating somebody else listed another copy specifically claiming their copy to be an OG pre priorty. It doesn't make sense for this version to come right after the Priority version (had to predate setrippin) and it shares some characteristics of the Priorty version (parental advisory placement). I'm thinking it was originally a tape only release. I've seen the cd lots of time in person and looking down googling images I dont see one cd cover with the insane PA.

Yeah that is the OG barcode version (OG retail version)..

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I don't think this was ever a "tape only" release. There's some good info on this site if you search. I did do some searches to see what would pop up. There was some good info and probably other info I didn't uncover, but that tape was still interesting to see. I could go more into it if you want, but will just leave it at this for now. I do wonder about what the story is on the BMR only tape release is tho..
No, there was a cd release - it looked like an SMG, no barcode.