SAYIN HELLA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I say hella, but only sparingly. I hate when people say shit like this...

"I went to this hella dope party last night. Hella people where there, hella fine ass bitches and shit. I got hella drunk and we were passing around hella blunts."

Bugs the fuck out of me...hella.

Oct 21, 2006
Nuttkase said:
I say hella, but only sparingly. I hate when people say shit like this...

"I went to this hella dope party last night. Hella people where there, hella fine ass bitches and shit. I got hella drunk and we were passing around hella blunts."

Bugs the fuck out of me...hella.
yea when ppl catch on, they like to overuse it. i kno these white kids who just dont kno how to act, and every month or so they got a new word. "son" (i thought that was ny shit), "sauce" , "ninja" stupid ass shit they can reuse every sentence

i cant even remember how long i've been sayin hella

Nov 24, 2003
hella tight thread dog lol...

Really though, hella is just like the upper west coast version of wicked in boston or some shit like that. Everywhere you go has it own little dialects

May 9, 2002
BrOwn_BoY said:
its associated with many other communities that doesnt mean its a term for that specific thing. You are so ignorant it seems like you made the bible of Jesse Rice and your tryna preach to everyone such a prick.
You should soak it up little man.

Hella is a slang term associated with rap. It first appeared in rap songs.

And im ignorant? Fuck outta here, bitch.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
my roomate in college is from so cal & he talked hella shit when he heard me say it. but sublime has said it in their songs & they're from so cal. people used to say 'hecka' when we were younger then it changed to 'hella' & i been sayin it for a hella long time

Feb 9, 2003
As I heard it, Hella is a term that originated either in San Jose or in Santa Cruz by the surfer/skater scene. And a grunge/garage rock band (not sure who) heard the term in a concert from some of their norcal fans and then used it in a song and "main streamed" it. But personally I've been using it since the very very early 90's.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
ValleyPainProduct said:
i

they were hip to a few bay rappers mainly e - 40 and Too Short.....the crip homies was all on the X Raided and Brotha Lynch shit......seen some of the "cholos" bumpin the Darkroom Familia shit but they'd have a mix CD wit Norte rap and Sureno rap on it lol.....they dont know the difference out there they jus like that cholo shit.....
TIMES IS A CHANGING I GUESS FOR THE MOST PART EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT MORE THAN E40 TOO SHORT MAC DRE..THE BE TALKIN BOUT OLD SCHOOL CLASSIC BAY SHIT..MOST THE DUDES I KNOW GOT FAM FROM THE BAY AND LA.. AND NO ONE I KNOW LIKES THAT SURENO RAP BULLSHIT..LIL ROB OR THEM CATS..BUT THEY LOVE THEIR SPM..

Apr 25, 2002
Back in the summer of 88 I remember goin to San Felipe with some family and me and my cousin met a couple of Southern Cali kids our age. They would trip when we would say hella when describing somethin tight. They would look at us wierd n shit and asked us why we say hella a lot. One of them was from hawthorne and the lil filipino dude was from compton. Lil filipino dude said he was a houser and im like wtf? Im like my cousin has a lot of brand new houses n shiat cause he had just moved to West Pitt known as Baypoint. Then lil dude broke it down how it was a lifestyle in SoCal how they would dress in baggy clothes and just party from one house to the other doin whatever. Well there was some bad ones at the resort we stayed at and they was from Ast hayward, and they was sayin hella too so we was cool wit them. The funniest shit tho they was slappin some digital underground and i remember when that one song that had the hook that went "hey, lets get ready to go! yea yea yeaaa, forgot who sang it but after the song was done it was like 106.1 kmel, me and my cousin was laughin well cause thats how we used to make our mixtapes. Good memories....

Apr 25, 2002
once cross colors came into effect it was all over. Now that i think of it ya couldnt wear cross colors without a tall white tee or when it got cold a umen hoodie....

Feb 1, 2006
hitthegas said:
ive heard like 1 or 2 people say "wicked" cool or some shit like that i found it HELLA annoying.
They are from boston or up that way. When people move from boston to the west coast they never drop their slang or accent or love for their teams. I litterally had to slap a dude from boston for talking down on the raiders on my friends front porch. Please, bitch, go back to boston if its so wicked cool there. I'll slap that B right off of your baseball hat, hella fast, and not feel bad about it afterwards.