Rockies vs Red Sox

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2004
I think they layoff will have killed all the momentum that the Rockies had. Baseball needs tof fix that.. The sox/indians series at one point had two days off out of three days. That's retarded.

Sox in Five.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

damn, the sox destroyed the Rockies starter and bullpen...hopefully they keep their composure for game 2...

Sep 25, 2005
Being a Giants fan, Personally, I WOULDN'T LIKE SEEING THE ROCKIES WIN IT! So I'm going for the Bo-Sox. @Jesse, your right that is a scary though, scoring 23 runs with David or Manny Producing. Dustin Pedroia is nutz man, dude is under the radar and one of the best up and coming 2nd basemen if not prospect. This year had alot of good infield Rookies or 2nd Year players, along with pitchers too. Watch out of Jacoby Ellisbury, dude can mash the ball and when he's ready you can say good bye Manny Ramirez.
PEDROIA WILL BE A GOOD 2ND baseman. reminds me alote of david eckstein, who is some1 where you just scratch your head wondering how he does the things he does.

ellisbury i cant see being anywhere near manny ramirez EVER. i see him like more of a Juan Pierre/Coco Crisp type player. good OF'er with speed and thats it.

Sep 25, 2005
Hitting pretty close to even. rockies a little deeper, but Red Sox have World Series experience and their top two are so exposive.

Defense rockies slight advantage. if only because they got bigger arms in the outfield (holliday and especially hawpe). sox only decent arm is drew.

pitching is huge in playoffs and BoSox have big advantage here over rockies

homefield advantage BoSox

Mar 12, 2005
PEDROIA WILL BE A GOOD 2ND baseman. reminds me alote of david eckstein, who is some1 where you just scratch your head wondering how he does the things he does.

ellisbury i cant see being anywhere near manny ramirez EVER. i see him like more of a Juan Pierre/Coco Crisp type player. good OF'er with speed and thats it.
Along with the Speed he has Power and can hit for Average. Dude who'll probably average about 25-30 HR, Steal you like 30+ Bases, get you 90+RBI, and get you an above .300 average and that what the general consensus is, concerning Jacoby Ellisbury, in the Bo-Sox Nation and Org.

Sep 25, 2005
Along with the Speed he has Power and can hit for Average. Dude who'll probably average about 25-30 HR, Steal you like 30+ Bases, get you 90+RBI, and get you an above .300 average and that what the general consensus is, concerning Jacoby Ellisbury, in the Bo-Sox Nation and Org.
i did some research and this is what Baseball America, the premier mlb and milb scouting magazine has to say about ellsbury and pedrois, which is pretty much the same thing i said.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/majors/features/265085.html
World Series Preview: Rockies vs. Red Sox
Approaches to team-building not as different as it seems

By Chris Kline and John Manuel
E-mail this article
October 23, 2007

Ellsbury and Papelbon were more typical picks. Papelbon was a college closer at Mississippi State but followed the usual closer track record of starting throughout the minors before becoming a closer again in the big leagues. Ellsbury has become exactly what Boston hoped he could be: a premium defender with leadoff skills and speed.

"Ellsbury was on the first-round board for a lot of teams," a scout in the AFL said. "His Cape Cod was just OK, came out and started the next year and was dynamite. But right when a lot scouts made a push to see him, he had hamstring problems and fell to the latter portion of the first round.

"Pedroia is one of those guys you truly have to go see numerous times and some guys make a mistake and say, 'Dustin Pedroia's a stat guy.' I totally disagree. Because honestly, our area scout was all over him and he was a guy you needed to see multiple times to buy into his hand-eye coordination and his ability to do a lot of things athletically that can't be measured in a 60-yard dash."

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/features/263445.html
2007 Top 100 Prospects
By Baseball America Staff
E-mail this article
February 28, 2007

We proudly present our annual list of the best young players in the game, the culmination of our offseason prospect rankings.

#33 JACOBY ELLSBURY, of, Red Sox
Boston downplays Johnny Damon comparisons, but the parallels are hard to ignore
Opening Day Age: 23. ETA: 2008