RICH THE FACTOR...UNDERRATED OR OVERRATED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
All I know is Rich need to stop with all these damn mixtapes. Shit's gettin outta hand! lol

Rich has always, and will always be underrated solely cause of the way he spits and the real shit he be spittin about. His style is unique. This is why I've been listenin to his music since he dropped the Pole Position compilation on CD back in 1997. I ain't too big on mixtapes in general. So I rarely give into them. But it's the original shit that he dropped in the 90's and early 2000's that made him a true factor in the underground rap scene. I stay knoccin' it.

One thing that really bothers me is the laziness that went into the reprints of his classic albums. Despite the cheap looking cases (which I could give a shit about), the sound quality on these reprints is straight GARBAGE compared to the OGs. In my opinion, it's a slap in the face to the people (such as myself) who've been long time fans of his, who wanna purchase these classic CDs without having to pay a fuckin arm and a leg for them on eBay. Quality is important to me, and I was hella dissapointed when I bought the reprints of 'Gettin A Grip', ''Big Thyme' and 'Platinum Coated'.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Classic example of an artist who was good when the times were generally good for hip-hop and then the level of his material sharply fell as tastes shifted and he tried to adapt (and failed miserably). It is true that there was a lag of a few years between rap music in general becoming shitty and his music becoming shitty, but it still the same pattern that was seen with many other artists all over the states.

People may be buying his new material but truth is it sucks, it may not suck as much as the average album out there, but it still sucks

Apr 3, 2010
Rich has put out 5 straight real albums now - Pound Cake, Boss Music, 2 liters, BBB5, and Blue Diamond in Da Ruff.

I agree 10 peach cobbler albums was a little much but the Black Border Bros albums have come out over like a 12 year period so he wasnt just naming all his albums the same thing,

May 4, 2005
im just sayin lots of mixtapes on industry beats and recycles and sometimes the sound quality aint all there.

i bought that fatboy chubb fuck the world larger than life. thats how u do an album. back 2 back slaps..dope beats... top notch quality n artwork.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Under rated. He never gets enough credit for building the KC-BAY bridge but that right there is Major..(no pun inteded)... Besides being the definition of a Gritter, hes got lyrical abilities too. I hear most of the commercial beats nowadays first on his mixtapes when he raps over them, but still has a lot of out-of-this-world original beats too. Im not a huge fan of his MFR roster they got some okay posse cuts, but you would never catch me buying any of their CDs

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I remember ordering some of his CDs off of the rapKC.com website, which is the 7th Heaven website. Some of my CDs did not arrive, so I called the store. Some woman answered and I told her the situation. She asked what CDs I was missing and I told her. Then she said, "Oh, that's real gansta music. He's a real gangsta. He comes by the store about every 1-2 weeks to drop off CDs, so we'll get them to you when he drops them off." I just thought it was funny how she was talking to me all professionally and then said "Oh, that's real gangsta music."

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Rich is dope and I still download his new shit. How you gonna be mad about consistently buying his music when that is your choice to do so?

Underrated.

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
I used to look forward to making the trip from Wichita to KC just to pick up some new RTF from 7th Heaven. Haven't made that trip in years cause there's no quality shit being released.

Apr 25, 2002
rich and MFR in the late 90's-early 2000's was the shit. they put out some classics in my opinion:

pole position
a new vet
scratch the scratch
black mexican
factorism

they had some of the dopest production on those releases. freshstrated (RIP) are two of my all-time favorite producers ever. to me "purchasing heavy yayo" has one of the dopest hip-hop beats of all time.

Apr 3, 2010
I agree that freshtrated were awesome, the old albums had a sound that cant be matched, purchasing heavy yayo and lettin loose from northstar system are my 2 favorite beats