RICH THE FACTOR...UNDERRATED OR OVERRATED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2010
Very underrated. Its amazing that he isnt bigger> I dont know how lil b and stuff can blow up overnight and rich has been putting out classics for over 15 years

Aug 23, 2002
Use to be underrated, now i'd say overrated. to me his music is stale. + im bitter from paying full price on 8 song disks with no tracklisting and old tracks.
+1000

When you pay for an album, and/or a mixtape, you would expect to hear new songs not the same songs either with a new beat or just straight up reused without a tracklist... bullshit.

Also, paying full price for an e.p. with only 8 songs, which you already heard 5 of the 8, you get a little pissed.

Dec 25, 2003
Ive still yet to hear all his old stuff & Im still in need of owning most of them to my collection but the only problem is theyre long been outta print, impossible to find & if any left theyre only available on ebay & amazon all outrageously priced!!!

Dec 25, 2003
Ive still yet to hear all his old stuff & Im still in need of owning at least most of them to my collection & I know he dropped too many of them (alotta of his earliest stuff being on tape as far as Ive seen) but the only problem is theyre long been outta print, impossible to find & if any left theyre only available on ebay & amazon all outrageously priced!!!

Apr 3, 2010
+1000

When you pay for an album, and/or a mixtape, you would expect to hear new songs not the same songs either with a new beat or just straight up reused without a tracklist... bullshit.

Also, paying full price for an e.p. with only 8 songs, which you already heard 5 of the 8, you get a little pissed.

He doesnt reuse songs unless he puts out a special edition or greatest hits or something. Plus all his albums have 10 songs atleast. And not naming the songs doesnt affect the quality of the music

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
I love Rich but am tired of paying full price for a CD-R with ghetto ass packaging and no tracklisting. And mixtape beats. I still buy them... but he needs to put out a real cd with all new original beats and songs.

Aug 23, 2002
He doesnt reuse songs unless he puts out a special edition or greatest hits or something.
bullshit. I'm assuming you live in the bay. He does this shit constantly, and puts them out through 7th heaven. There are complete cd's that HE has put out that is nothing but reused songs.

Maybe it's different actually being in the city that he came from and releases most of his music, but his shit is constantly reused.

Oct 31, 2007
Rich Shoulda blew up years ago. Its just that mainstream need to these Lil Wayne,Drake,Justin Bieber (borderline gay) artist to control the bullshit material they like to promote.

Oct 31, 2007
Rich Shoulda blew up years ago. Its just that mainstream need to have these Lil Wayne,Drake,Justin Bieber (borderline gay) artist to control the bullshit material they like to promote.

May 2, 2002
rich need a real album.
Call me crazy, but I think 17 years in the game is ample time to drop SEVERAL REAL albums. Wouldn't you agree?

I will say this much though, dude is a GRITTER. He's outta town wit his shit. How many other KC rappers can you say that about? My only gripe is that he's monotone. I'm sure lots of rappers are though. He sound like he just rolls outta bed and starts rappin'; no inflection, emotion or anything. His shit sells though, but how long will it be before muthafuckaz realize they gettin' duped buyin' discs with RECYCLED tracks?

Apr 3, 2010
bullshit. I'm assuming you live in the bay. He does this shit constantly, and puts them out through 7th heaven. There are complete cd's that HE has put out that is nothing but reused songs.

Maybe it's different actually being in the city that he came from and releases most of his music, but his shit is constantly reused.
The only recycled albums i can think of are, rich borda, and street vs commercial which are both collections of like 4 of his mixtapes put together. Nothing this year has been recycled and he has had like 6 albums. Nothing last year was either. I buy his albums and I agree his packaging could use some work though.

May 20, 2006
Call me crazy, but I think 17 years in the game is ample time to drop SEVERAL REAL albums. Wouldn't you agree?

I will say this much though, dude is a GRITTER. He's outta town wit his shit. How many other KC rappers can you say that about? My only gripe is that he's monotone. I'm sure lots of rappers are though. He sound like he just rolls outta bed and starts rappin'; no inflection, emotion or anything. His shit sells though, but how long will it be before muthafuckaz realize they gettin' duped buyin' discs with RECYCLED tracks?
LMAO!!!!

I always thought that RTF sounded like he just woke up and was eating a bowl of mashed potatoes, while he was recording in the booth.......

or maybe a pbj sandwich..... lol.....

Jan 18, 2006
I like a lot of his early stuff. His production was something different a bit. Truthfully ive downloaded a lot of his mixtapes and havent really listened to them much cuz i dont like his style as much these days.

May 2, 2002
Dude woulda been betta off comin' out with ACTUAL CDs as opposed to MULTIPLE ISSUES OF THE SAME DISCS (i.e. BLACK BORDA BROS, IPCTM, & all the Mix Discs). I think there's like 5 BBBs and 10 IPCTM. Really Rich? And let's not even get into the Mix Discs or Greatest Hits. All that time coulda been spend puttin' out ACTUAL CDs.