Remy Ma Wanted For Attempted Murder

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Police Search For Rapper In Connection With Chelsea Shooting

July 14, 2007

A rapper is wanted for questioning in connection with a shooting in Chelsea early Saturday morning that sent one woman to the hospital.

Police are investigating a shooting, which they say happened around 4 a.m. at West 14th Street and Washington Street.

Police received a 911 call of a person shot and, upon arrival, found a 22-year-old female with a gunshot wound to her lower torso.

The victim, Makeda Barnes, was taken to Saint Vincent’s Hospital in what police described as stable condition.

“They [told me somebody] shot Makeda and I just started screaming, ‘my daughter is shot!’” said the victim’s mother Christina Barnes. “I just put on my clothes and I went down to the hospital, where I saw the police and the officers and a whole group of people were there from the party. Somebody called me to the side and told me, and this girl’s boyfriend told me that this girl by the name of Remy Martin that shot my daughter.”

Police are now looking for the shooter, 27-year-old rapper Remy Ma. She is about 5 feet 10 inches, and wearing all dark clothing, who fled the scene in a dark blue Escalade – which she crashed a few blocks away.

Sources close to the victim, a recent college graduate, say that she knew the suspected shooter through another rapper named Crystal Bolton.

Witnesses say the feud started outside the Manhattan restaurant/bar Pizza Bar. Both Barnes and Ma were reportedly attending a 25th birthday party inside the eatery.

Remy Ma, a Bronx native, is a former member of the rap group the Terror Squad, known for its hit song "Lean Back."