recommend me a book

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
I'm currently readin' The Art Of War (written by Sun Tzu; however, there are many translations...the version I have is translated by Ralph D. Sawyer).

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Catcher in the Rye. Definitely a classic.
yeah,this is a perfect example of a classic book i need to get around to reading.

time to hit up amazon.com.

looks like cat's cradle will be next on my list, could use a break from all the real world stuff i have been reading lately

thanks to everybody for the suggestions, i'll have to come back to this thead whenever i need a new book

Mar 20, 2007

The potential of the human memory is phenomenal. But do you know how to make the most of yours?

In this edition if the BBC classic Use Your Memory, the secrets of how to improve your memory are fascinatingly revealed by Tony Buzan. He teaches you how to improve your memory for names, numbers, dates and lists and also for speeches, articles, poetry and whole books. There are sections for card players, for people learning new languages and for those studying for exams, as well as an intriguing chapter on how to recall your dreams.

Use You Memory will:

* Be particularly useful for school and university students throughout their studies, and especially during review and exam times
* Be useful for business people and for those wishing to improve their brainpower as they advance in years.
* Allow anyone to join the rapidly growing number of mental athletes who are preparing themselves for memory competitions and championships.

All the classic memory systems are explained, plus, of course, Tony Buzan’s own world-famous Mind Mapping technique

About the Author

Tony Buzan is the world’s leading authority on the brain and learning. His ground-breaking note-taking technique, Mind Maps, offers a route to improved study and better understanding. His million-copy selling books on the subject have achieved massive success in more than 100 countries and have been translated into 30 languages. He has lectures worldwide and acts as advisor to numerous multi-national companies, governments, leading businesses and international Olympic athletes. He is also President of the Brain Foundation, founder of the Brian Trust Charity, the World Memory Championships and the World Championships of the Brain.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
post office, charles bukowski

and if you havent read it, alex haley's rendition of the autobiography of malcom x

but most people have

dante's inferno was also a good book, get the one with the italian text and the english transcription with the drawings and shit