recommend me a book

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
been on a reading binge lately. all the best books i have read lately have been ones i have been told about by other people.

starting to realize there is a lot of "classic" books that i have yet to read, so even obvious ones i might not of thought of would help

i want to read some more of vonneguts work as well. all i have read is slaughterhouse five...any others i should check out?

any suggestions are cool though,i pretty much read anything.

May 15, 2002
The first book I always suggest is Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. It's only about 60 pages long but extremely dense. It took me almost 2 weeks to read (and understand).

The Invisible Man - HG Wells (fun, quick science fiction)

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
More good Vonnegut:
Breakfast of Champions
Cat's Cradle
The Sirens of Titan

If you liked the idea of Fight Club you should check out some of Chuck Palahniuk's work, too. I just finished Survivor and it was quite entertaining. Some see a lot of Vonnegut in this guy, but i think Kurt is way funnier.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
i read a book called "HOUSE TO HOUSE" not to long ago. its a Soldier's story about Iraq...more specifically his experience in Fallujah. alot of action carnage and shit. really well written. not a single boring part in the book

.i also read "AMERICAN MAFIA" by thomas reppetto. saw it cheap at a book store..and pocked it up. was decent though if ur interested in that kinda shit

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
THE BROTHERHOOD BY WILLIAM OLDHAM+GUY LAWSON

The Brotherhoods is the chilling chronicle of the alleged crimes and betrayals of NYPD Detectives Stephen Caracappa and Louis Eppolito, notorious rogue cops who stand charged with the ultimate form of police corruption - shielding their crimes behind their badges while they worked for the mob. These crimes included murder, kidnapping, torture, and the betrayal of an entire generation of New York City detectives and federal agents. This gripping real-life detective story reveals two brotherhoods, both with hierarchies, rituals, and codes of conduct. Chased for seven years by William Oldham, the brilliant and determined detective who didn't let the case die, Detectives Caracappa and Eppolito are at the centre of an investigation that moves from the mobbed-up streets of Brooklyn to Hollywood sets and the Las Vegas strip. Co-written with prize-winning investigative journalist Guy Lawson, the story spans three decades and showcases a cast of characters that runs the gamut from capo psychopaths to grieving mothers to a group of retired detectives and investigators working to see that justice is done.This quintessential American mob tale, both bizarre and compelling.

Oct 20, 2008
Any James Patterson book will be a good read. The Midnight Club was pretty good.

The DaVinci Code was real good to. The book is a hell of a lot better than the movie.

Jun 23, 2003
If your into some spiritual shit about mushrooms and life then peep

Carlos Castaneda.....

I read journey to ixtlan. It was pretty crazy. You get to the end before the whole book makes any sense.

Jul 10, 2002
White Nights by Menachem Begin- my fav of the year so far.

I am about to start 'Tipping Point' so I can move on to 'Blink' and then the Grande Finale 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell

May 27, 2009
For a recommendation, it depends on what you're into. I recommend "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett to everyone.

All Vonnegut is a safe bet.