Raw 7/25

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
> WWE > Update on Del Rio winning the WWE Title
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 07/27/2011 at 07:56 PM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

As noted before, the original plan for Summerslam was Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena for the WWE title. WWE wanted to have Del Rio in the title match since the PPV is in Los Angeles with a heavy Hispanic market. Also, WWE wanted Del Rio as champion heading into the company's tour of Mexico in October where they will also be taping television in the country for the first time.

Plans for Del Rio at Summerslam changed when the decision was made to bring back CM Punk right away. According to Dave Meltzer, this is at least the 4th time Del Rio had been scheduled to win the WWE or World Title and it didn't end up happening. There is still the idea that Del Rio will win the title before the October Mexican tour, but with the way things have been going, anything can happen.

> WWE > CM Punk Reveals When He Decided To Stay In WWE
Posted by Dave Mitchell on 07/27/2011 at 03:27 PM

CM PUNK appeared on the BS Report radio show this wee, hosted by ESPN's Bill Simmons. You can listen to audio of the interview at ESPN.com.

Here's a recap of what CM Punk said about:

Why he returned so soon:

It would be cool to stay off television for a while but SummerSlam is now and he wanted to capitalize on the momentum of the angle. He enjoys working with John Cena and likes their feud. He still loves what he does.

Wrestlers boring him:

He grew very bored of pro wrestling and still is at times. Certain guys on the roster who do the same thing day in and day out and that's not him. He questions everything and tries new things - and whatever he's doing right now is working.

His epic shoot promo on RAW several weeks ago:

He knew WWE would cut him off at some point - but he wanted to push the envelope as much as he could. It was not scripted - everything he said was from the heart. He understood certain things are off limits - and he did go too far with a few of his comments.

Whether he was really leaving WWE:

His mind was made up to leave WWE. He made the decision to stay in WWE the day of the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. He wasn't playing games or trying to get more money from WWE - he was very burnt out and spent a lot of time weighing his options.

His new theme song "Cut of Personality":

He's a big advocate of wrestlers changing their characters - their look, their music, etc. It was time to change. It probably cost WWE a lot of money to license the song and he's worth it.

* LISTEN HERE: "Cult of Personality" Music Video

WWE > Original plan for CM Punk: Laid out by HHH
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 07/27/2011 at 07:44 PM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were six different scripts written for this past Monday's RAW.

The main goal for the entire CM Punk storyline was not so much for him to get over, but rather to get over Triple H taking over Vince McMahon's position.

The original plan for CM Punk's return was as follows: Get attacked by HHH, laid out with the pedigree, and then Alberto Del Rio would cash in his Money in the Bank leading to Del Rio vs. John Cena at Summerslam. The idea was that HHH would become a major heel as a result and feud with a babyface Punk. Plans ending up changing, and as Meltzer noted, Punk's elevation wasn't "shut down."

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Wow thanks for the post ces.
I'm in disbelief. All of the regular posters here should be the creative team we would do a hella better job than those clowns. Get triple h over? Who gives a fuck. He will never fill the shoes of mr. Mcmahon.
They had the perfect angle. It was so perfect ppl thought it was real. Now punk about to get buried by super cena at summerslam.

Feb 8, 2003
Wow thanks for the post ces.
I'm in disbelief. All of the regular posters here should be the creative team we would do a hella better job than those clowns. Get triple h over? Who gives a fuck. He will never fill the shoes of mr. Mcmahon.
They had the perfect angle. It was so perfect ppl thought it was real. Now punk about to get buried by super cena at summerslam.
No doubt i just saw those when i was looking at the smackdown spoilers bc mark henry wrecking shit over there. aThey only about Cena it looks like when it comes to wwe tittle(he gets hella chances) its messed up rey only had the belt 30 mins, cm bout to get buried and now. they not sure if they wanna give alberto the belt.. I kinda see where punk, guerrero, mvp and others got pissed off about they characters status. alberto has every right to be pissed they dicked him over 4 times about the belt and if he do get a tittle reign it be less then a month only for that mexico tour. at this point i rather see evan bourne with the belt then cena lol

i been saying for the longest wwe needs to hire 5 hardcore wrestling fans(no hollywood experience) to help the creative team bc im sure they can come up with some shit bc fans know best and what everyone else wants to see.

that should be they next contest winner gets to help or join creative team.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/07/26/hall-of-famer-saved-cm-punk/
good read

http://iwantwrestling.com/
part 2 is on the front page .. not to be repetetitive but this is the only thing people are talking about

i also just wanna shout out Rhett Titus And Kenny King aka The All Night Xpress cuz i just watched like every roh ppv this year and god damn theyve got some of the most improved , hardest shit out right now . that one where they did the double turn with the briscoes was off the hook

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/07/26/hall-of-famer-saved-cm-punk/
good read

http://iwantwrestling.com/
part 2 is on the front page .. not to be repetetitive but this is the only thing people are talking about

i also just wanna shout out Rhett Titus And Kenny King aka The All Night Xpress cuz i just watched like every roh ppv this year and god damn theyve got some of the most improved , hardest shit out right now . that one where they did the double turn with the briscoes was off the hook

Jan 18, 2006
I believe plans can change. It would be so fucken retarded if Punk didnt stay in the title picture at this point. Hes the only one that can reach Stone Cold/Rock status in that company right now. I did think he would be out longer but Punk is gonna be the main eventer for the next couple months, Vince isn't that stupid.

Maybe Del Rio wins the title after cashing in the briefcase after the main event but hes not even gonna hold the belt that long cuz Cena vs. Punk is gold right now and Punk is only one really grabbing peoples attention that dont really watch wrestling anymore. I work with a once hardcore wrestling fan. He doesn't even watch wrestling anymore cuz he thinks WWE got rid of to many people in the past year or whatever but said the Punk storyline was awesome

May 6, 2009
I believe plans can change. It would be so fucken retarded if Punk didnt stay in the title picture at this point. Hes the only one that can reach Stone Cold/Rock status in that company right now. I did think he would be out longer but Punk is gonna be the main eventer for the next couple months, Vince isn't that stupid.

Maybe Del Rio wins the title after cashing in the briefcase after the main event but hes not even gonna hold the belt that long cuz Cena vs. Punk is gold right now and Punk is only one really grabbing peoples attention that dont really watch wrestling anymore. I work with a once hardcore wrestling fan. He doesn't even watch wrestling anymore cuz he thinks WWE got rid of to many people in the past year or whatever but said the Punk storyline was awesome
I agree.