RAW 4/11/11

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Only thing I'm wondering is what the fuck is this Edge announcement, highly doubt hes retiring. Also funny how Cena is more hated then he was before this whole thing Rock thing, he gets booed more then cheered never use to be this bad. Surprised Morrison is even in the title contention after totally giving Trish Stratus the cold shoulder at Wrestlemania

Jan 18, 2006
damn I was wrong about Edge, to bad he has to retire cuz of health issues. He hasnt been that entertaining in the past year but definite hall of famer

May 24, 2002
NoDQ.com > WWE > Breaking news regarding Edge's retirement
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 04/11/2011 at 10:15 PM

Credit: PWInsider.com

Edge announced his retirement on tonight's edition of WWE RAW. According to a report by Mike Johnson, the announcement is 100% legit and not a WWE storyline.

According to a source in WWE, the story Edge told about medical tests coming back and showing there was a new issue with his neck and being advised he must retire are entirely true.

Stay tuned for more details.

Aug 16, 2003
That's a damn shame about Edge. I don't think its a work judging by the way he was acting in ring. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of him. Just because he can't wrestle dosent mean he can't be a manager or the Raw GM.

Jan 18, 2006
They should now give Christian a big push and have Edge manage him to help him get over the hump and finally become champ

Feb 8, 2003
looks like they will push alberto and christian since edge is done. also cena not turning heel r truth will probaly be the one turning heel soon. and morrison totally fuked up his push with that trish sitiation and dating that whore melina. i wouldnt be surprised if morrison or melina fired on april 24 when they announce whos fired. morrison seem like he the type to quit if melina gets fired.

May 24, 2002
NoDQ.com > WWE > Edge Tribute After Raw Goes Off the Air Last Night
Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/12/2011 at 12:19 AM

There was no main event dark match after the The Miz's interference. The advertised main event was a no-go.

Rather, Randy Orton and John Cena paid their respects to Edge via microphone. The crowd cheered for Edge to the point in which it became deafening. They both played to the crowd, then left the ring as we were told that WWE would return soon enough.

NoDQ.com > WWE > WWE's Official Announcement on Edge Retiring
Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/11/2011 at 10:25 PM

- Below is WWE's official announcement on Edge retiring from their website:

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.
had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
too bad about edge, i hope at least the dude can live a full life outside of the ring, he is one of my all time favorites.

I wonder what they are planning on doing with the belt, my guess is Del Rio in which he will put on a low down heel campaign on how he took Edge out of wrestling for good. This will start a Christian and Del Rio fued where Christian finally gets a world title run.

Feb 8, 2003
atleast he can say he retired world champ with out being technically defeated for it. imo wwe needs to make a new star on sd and give the belt to someone who never had it i think it will be christian or alberto unless someone gets traded to sd. they probaly gonna do a four way ladder match for it.

Feb 8, 2003
looks like he wont be mountain climbing now like he was plan on doing after he retired. i just hope he is gonna be healthy now and dont die or get paralized bc them neck and spine injuries are no joke are catches up to you the older you get

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
looks like they will push alberto and christian since edge is done. also cena not turning heel r truth will probaly be the one turning heel soon. and morrison totally fuked up his push with that trish sitiation and dating that whore melina. i wouldnt be surprised if morrison or melina fired on april 24 when they announce whos fired. morrison seem like he the type to quit if melina gets fired.
he truly would be a captain save a hoe if thats the case
however, Morrison would actually fit in fine in TNA and hell have melina as his manager.