Rashad Evens vs. Chuck Liddell @ UFC 85

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
I know there is an MMA thread but I thought I would post a new thread cuz its some breaking news type shit.

Breaking News: Evans Tabbed to Fight Liddell

Rashad Evans is expected to fight Chuck Liddell June 7 in London, England, Sherdog.com confirmed Wednesday.

The light heavyweight bout came together just one day after the UFC announced Mauricio Rua pulled out of the fight against Liddell (21-5) because of a ruptured ACL in his left knee.

Following losses to Quinton Jackson and Keith Jardine, Liddell, 38, righted his ship with a decision win over Wanderlei Silva in late December.

Meanwhile, the 28-year-old Evans' last two appearances in the Octagon saw him draw Tito Ortiz after three rounds and take a split-decision over Michael Bisping.

Evans, unbeaten in the UFC with an overall record of 11-0-1, was rumored to fight Brazilian Thiago Silva May 24 in Las Vegas as part of the UFC 84 card.

Jul 24, 2005
don't be surpise(sp) that rashad pulls this off he need a win over an big name and so far chuck is 1-2 against brothers

May 3, 2002
don't be surpise(sp) that rashad pulls this off he need a win over an big name and so far chuck is 2-1 against brothers
haha, he is actually 3-2 against the brothas. (i think)

I see it going to decision, either fighter has a chance of taking the decision. Chuck would probably win the stand up, but Rashad has good ass wrestling so I could see him taking Chuck down.

May 17, 2004
evans isnt taking lidell down and lidell stand up is 5 times what evans is. Evans barely beat tito (i know it was a tie) and he barely beat bisping.
i see chuck knocking him out pretty quickly.

Apr 25, 2002
This aint a good fight for Rashad at all. But you cant ever count out a Greg Jackson fighter, look at what Keith did to Chuck. I still think 9/10 Chuck could whoop on Keith but theres just that 1 that could set on back of peoples minds. Rashad is lookin for a lay n pray W so chucks gonna have to counter his quickness for some more accurate punching. I see Chuck mollywhoppin Rashad....

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
evans isnt taking lidell down and lidell stand up is 5 times what evans is. Evans barely beat tito (i know it was a tie) and he barely beat bisping.
i see chuck knocking him out pretty quickly.
yep, chuck's sprawl is too good.
Feels like this was the biggest name they could get for Chuck to get him another title shot.

May 5, 2002
RASHAD EVANS IS GARBAGE IN MY OPINION. ITS NOT A VERY INTERESTING FIGHT AT ALL. I WOULD RATHER HAVE SEEN HIM FIGHT THIAGO SILVA. LOL I THINK CHUCK HAS DONE JUST FINE AGAINST ANY RACE HE'S FOUGHT AGAINST. THIS IS MMA AND THERE IS NO RACIAL DISCRIMINATION WHEN AT ANY MOMENT AT ANY TIME SOMEBODY COULD GET KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.

May 15, 2002
im a big fan of rashad but i also feel lidell is a horrible fight for him...i also see him gettin ko'ed early as much as i want him to win

Feb 12, 2004
I have a feeling we will see Rashad KO'd on the floor while he tries to go for a single leg and gets shut down by Chuck. FUCK I don't want to see this fight I was amped for Shogun vs Chuck sucks he got injured!!