Raiders official cut/released list

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
Daris cut I understand.. Dude wasn't lookin too good in preseason getting beat by guys and knocked around.. he's washed up.. which is why Jags let him go in the first place

May 1, 2007
– Quentin Moses, the NFL's highest-drafted player to not make a team, was predictably claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals. The same Moses who Kiffin on two separate occasions referred to as "unblockable" during training camp press briefings.

Defensive Rob Ryan, admittedly prone to hyperbole, said of Moses during camp, "Quentin Moses is a superstar and we stole him in the third round."

Instead, Moses was essentially beaten out by Jay Richardson, taken in the fifth round out of Ohio State.

"It surprised me, to be honest with you," Richardson said. "But that’s what we felt was best for us, I suppose. Quentin is fine. He’ll be fine wherever he goes. Quentin will make a bunch of plays in this league."

One player said waiving Moses was a surprise because of his status in the draft, but not necessarily because of his performance. Moses was regarded by some teammates as weak against the run, with his pass rush skills diminishing as camp progressed.

Rather than conceding Moses was a mistake in draft judgement, the Raiders' spin is that cutting him validates their promise that performance counts.

"There were some hard ones and it wasn't that a guy wasn't doing everything we asked," Kiffin said. "We wish great luck to Quentin and we think he'll be a good player in this league. But at the end of looking at it all of it we had other people that could help us more. I think it shows everything that we're about here, and how competitive the field is, that a player as good as Quentin couldn't make the roster.

"Also it shows that we're not worried about where a guy was drafted or how much a guy was paid in free agency. We took the best 53 players for us."

Is there some truth to that? Absolutely. It's equally true that the 65th pick in the draft should make the 53-man roster of the team that drafted him.

Jun 1, 2002
THAT ARTICLE ABOUT LANE BEING "LIVID" BECAUSE OF THE ROSTER CUTS IS BULLSHIT. LANE HAD 100% CONTROL OF WHO MADE THE TEAM. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

May 1, 2007
Solitary 1 said:
THAT ARTICLE ABOUT LANE BEING "LIVID" BECAUSE OF THE ROSTER CUTS IS BULLSHIT. LANE HAD 100% CONTROL OF WHO MADE THE TEAM. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.
Yeah, the article was from profootballtalk.com, that place is a rumor site.