Raiders @ Donkeys

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Nnamdi Asomugha was a big reason. Just be patient. I have faith in Allen...
well we didn't have bresnahan when we had nnamdi. we just had bresnahan last year (also had him back during the Gruden years, but that was a different time)

with that said our defense was really shitty last year. our offense was just much better

but I agree, nnamdi made our defense way when we had him. we had the 2nd best passing defense in the league, and 11th best total defense in 2010. that's just crazy to think about now

Props: Joey
Jan 12, 2006
If Allen were to be mad everytime we lost or did something dumb...He wouldnt live long. We need to stick with him for at least 4 season before he gets axed...Im tired of this coaching carousel shit....We need stabililty at head coach for once...He's young and learning...His defense was dope in Denver but he had more ballplayers on that side of the ball in Denver....

We have no secondary to speak of and our recivers are not healthy....We need to make some moves through free agency, draft or trades...Until we get more playmakers, we should expect these types of outcomes....
Although more wins would erase a lot of criticism that is aimed at DA, I think most raiders fan could live with a 1-3 start at this point if they felt the raiders were showing improvement every week. I just see no fight in this squad, very undisciplined, lack of accountability, and most of all just flat out unprepared. All that blame goes to Dennis Allen, I mean look at the Browns and the Dolphins in my opinion they have inferior talent compared to the Raiders. Yet every week both those squads have fought from beginning to end for a W and have been involved in competitive games.

Also if you want patience from the organization, I believe you will get your wish. I don't see DA going anywhere anytime soon, McKenzie gave a rookie head coach a 4 year contract(that in my opinion he didn't deserve/earn) with who knows how much of it guaranteed. I don't see McKenzie/Raiders organization taking that hit by breaking that contract early anytime soon.

Last edited:
Props: Tony

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Man I'd rather have Stanford Routt back with his PI and illegal contact penalties. At least he was in the area and would come up with an INT every now and then. These DB's haven't picked off one pass yet or even close to picking one off. I agree with Ironlungs, this falls back on coaching. Al Davis at his age ran a better D than this.

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 12, 2006
Allen: 'I don't laugh at getting beat like that'

ALAMEDA -- Cameras caught a wide grin on rookie Raiders coach Dennis Allen's face during his postgame handshake with Denver coach John Fox on Sunday.

And with Oakland having just been pummeled 37-6, the largest margin of victory by Denver over the Raiders in 50 years, the look of seeming joy on Allen's face after such a beating drew much ire among fans. Even if Fox is a mentor of Allen's and, perhaps, especially because Allen was Fox's defensive coordinator last year.

Following practice Wednesday, the final practice before the Raiders' bye week, CSN California and the San Francisco Chronicle asked Allen about the photo and the fallout from it.

"Came to middle of the field, said, 'Congratulations,' and he said, 'You're doing a good job,'" Allen said.

"But the question that he asked me was, 'Did you make it out healthy?' And with the health of our corners, with the health of our tackles, with the health of our wide receivers, I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of it."

The irony of the question is what got Allen to laugh.

"But I think everybody here within this organization knows that I take this very seriously, and I don't laugh at getting beat like that," Allen added. "But it was a reaction to a question that, 'No, we didn't make it out healthy because we didn't go into it healthy.'

"So, I know that's been a big picture, but I'll deal with it."
Damn, John Fox sonned Dennis Allen, and smh at Allen laughing at his troops being injured.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
"The largest margin of victory by Denver over the Raiders in 50 years!"

^That says it all right there!! Allen is lucky Al Davis isn't here... They never beat the Raiders that bad with John Elway. With Hue calling the plays, the Raiders smacked Denver.

May 6, 2009
"The largest margin of victory by Denver over the Raiders in 50 years!"

^That says it all right there!! Allen is lucky Al Davis isn't here... They never beat the Raiders that bad with John Elway. With Hue calling the plays, the Raiders smacked Denver.
Seriously, get off Hue's nuts. He sucked as a coach too.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Now that he's not here you say he sucked but who else got production out of McFadden and DHB? DHB finally looked like a legit receiver in Hue's offense... McFadden was leading the NFL in rushing until he got hurt.

In this offense, DHB might leave the field on a stretcher again. The plays are so predictable it's sad. It's either a quick slant or a screen.

You need to learn the game of football.

May 6, 2009
Now that he's not here you say he sucked but who else got production out of McFadden and DHB? DHB finally looked like a legit receiver in Hue's offense... McFadden was leading the NFL in rushing until he got hurt.

In this offense, DHB might leave the field on a stretcher again. The plays are so predictable it's sad. It's either a quick slant or a screen.

You need to learn the game of football.
I know the game of football, son. Hue couldn't get the job done either. You keep making excuses in every thread and implying if he was still the coach, the Raiders would be 4-0. The Raiders suck right now, plain and simple, and it's not just the coaching. But hey, at least you have like 5 other "favorite" teams, right?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2004
Jaysav is right Hue was a bad coach and I was saying that while he was still on the team. He was a good OC, but bad head coach. Dude was Singletary v2 with all the bs 1 liners. Dennis Allen also talks a good talk, but looks completely clueless on the sidelines and the Raiders look worse than they have in years. Greg Knapp was a horrible hire by Dennis Allen.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I know the game of football, son. Hue couldn't get the job done either. You keep making excuses in every thread and implying if he was still the coach, the Raiders would be 4-0. The Raiders suck right now, plain and simple, and it's not just the coaching. But hey, at least you have like 5 other "favorite" teams, right?
Impying the Raiders would be 4-0? Not saying all that, but they sure as hell wouldn't be struggling on the offensive side of the ball. The Raiders ranked 9th or 10th overall in offense last year.... Where are they ranked now? What's McFadden yards per carry average? Take away that long run against Pittsburgh and it wouldn't even be 3.0.

Firing Hue set the franchise back!

I have 4 other teams (Bears, Cowboys, Bills, Ravens)I root for. Show me a written rule that states you're only allowed to root for one team in your life, lol

Jun 23, 2005
spurs flat out lost the game with bad freethrow shooting when it counted. but any other point in the game, that last shot by danny green would of been called a foul on bosh. even if they did call the foul i doubt he makes all 3 with how they were all missing 3s