Raiders Cut Jeff Garcia

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Raiders coach Tom Cable said Jeff Garcia asked for his release.
Interesting. It was assumed that the Raiders decided to cut Garcia because they were comfortable with JaMarcus Russell and Garcia didn't show anything in the preseason. Cable says that's not the case. "It was a shock to us all," Cable said. "We were blown away." Sounds like Garcia simply didn't want to be a backup.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
he probably didn't wanna play because he didn't wanna backup Russell

it was obvious he felt he could come in and steal the starting job form Russell, but that didn't happen

why would he sign in the first place if he didn't wanna be a Raider? huh Chreebotranny? explain that

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
He wanted a starting job and was desperate, so with how much the RAiders suck, he decided that would be his best shot, so he made up his "growing up a raider fan" bullshit story

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
chree, you're post doesn't prove shit, except maybe he lied about being a Raiders fan growing up... but even that I dunno

I'm not watching all those videos... care to summarize or tell me exactly what to watch to see your point?

you said Garcia left because he didn't want to be a Raider? you didn't prove that is true

would he rather be on a winning team? sure he would... but why would he all of a sudden just decide he didn't want to be a Raider at all and leave? that doesn't make sense

he didn't wanna be a backup, especially behind Russell when he probably considers Russell an inferior QB... he thought he could come in this offseason and steal the job, going into the regular season he realized that the Raiders weren't giving up on Russell so he left

again Chree, you didn't prove shit... so just sit down Suzy!