Raiders coach refuses to head owner's call to resign

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Kiffen just wants to get an unemployment check

lol.....nah but f'real, Al needs to realize that all the coaching switches is what keeps fucking the franchise over, he thinks that all they need is a good coach and we'll be instant contenders when that's just not the case

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
You're an idiot czar.....no wait, scratch that, you're an EDIOT.....if we're such a joke then why do we have hella inductees in the hall of fame? if we're such a joke then why is there a legion of fans nationwide? don't let the last few years cloud your judgement, Al davis not giving up control of the franchise is the only joke.....we still got more playoff wins than y'all this decade!

WE THE BEST!!!!!

WHO?????

WE!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2005
You're an idiot czar.....no wait, scratch that, you're an EDIOT.....if we're such a joke then why do we have hella inductees in the hall of fame? if we're such a joke then why is there a legion of fans nationwide? don't let the last few years cloud your judgement, Al davis not giving up control of the franchise is the only joke.....we still got more playoff wins than y'all this decade!

WE THE BEST!!!!!

WHO?????

WE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Defy....your team IS a joke!

if you fail to realize this I cannot help you!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Are u serious?? Man its coo to back your team and I dont dislike the raiders but Im speakin real shit!! I didnt say yall dont have history or hall of famers but your franchise is a bigtime joke now!! Please tell me u get that!! Joke might be a understatement!! Call me all the names u like, that wont change the fact that your owner turned this franchise to dookie status!! Sorry pal but deal with it!! Cause unlike your biten slogan, your team is far from the best!! Got Em!!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'd expect to hear that from a fan of a rival team like the scary1, but still its just al davis fucking things up.....czar I interpreted your shit as the franchise as a whole being a joke when its just not the case....is al davis ruining the franchise? of course.....did the last 5 years destroy all that he's done in the past tho? nope, but he's working on it.

and when will you realize that foos are clowning your sorry ass (herpes?) GOT EM!!! catch phrase?

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
THE ONLY COACHES WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL WITH THE RAIDERS HAD BEEN THE ONES THAT SAID "FUCK YOU AL IMMA DO WHAT I WANT".YEA THE STAY FOR A FEW YEARS THEN CUT .BUT WE WIN WHEN WE HAVE A COACH WHO TAKES CONTROL. GRUDEN WAS OUR LATEST CASUALTY .

ESPN said:
Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis has been pushing for coach Lane Kiffin to resign and is considering Dennis Green as a potential replacement, sources close to Kiffin and the team said.
Davis has gone so far as to draft a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, a source said. Kiffin has refused to do so but has dared Davis to fire him instead. The letter, the source said, was sent to Kiffin two weeks ago.
[+] Enlarge
Icon SMI
One season into the job and Lane Kiffin has quite a dilemma on his hands. Raiders owner Al Davis wants him out, but Kiffin's not budging.

Kiffin, who was 4-12 in his first season as coach, has two years remaining on his contract at an estimated $2 million per year.
In the letter sent to Kiffin's legal representatives, Davis stated that only he would have control over his staff and full personnel decisions, sources said. According to a source close to Kiffin, Davis had promised Kiffin when he hired him that he would have more control over staff and personnel matters than recent Raiders coaches. Kiffin was allowed five offensive assistants and to name his own staff when he took the job after the 2006 season.
"I'm not going to comment on anything that has transpired in the past three weeks," Kiffin said from Mobile, Ala., where he and the Raiders staff are coaching the North team in the Under Armour Senior Bowl college all-star game.
The Raiders had no immediate comment.
Kiffn and Davis clashed near the conclusion of their postseason evaluation meetings when Kiffin expressed his desire to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, a source said. Ryan wanted out to join the New York Jets in a similar capacity, but the Raiders released a statement asking for speculation to cease about the defensive coordinator's future.
Just this week at the Senior Bowl, Kiffin and Ryan said their relationship was fine and expected to be coaching the team in 2008. But Davis has not rescinded his request for Kiffin to step down, a source said.
As for Green's candidacy, while team sources said Davis has reached out to the veteran coach, Green said Friday, "I haven't really talked to Al about any coaching job but, really, how many times has my name been mentioned every time something goes on with the Raiders?"
The Raiders will interview James Lofton on Monday for a job, a source said. Oakland is looking for a wide receivers coach and Lofton, who has interviewed in the past to be head coach of the Raiders, was recently fired as San Diego's receivers coach.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.