rage against the machine

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
if i remember i think it was cuz the rocha dude, lead singerm had different political views than the band or some shit'

or it was a government conspiracy

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Zach more or less always rapped. Throw in some screaming or spoken word type stuff here and there for the chorus of the song and sprinkled through out the album. But Rage is the only rock group I've ever heard do the rap-rock hybrid right.

And Zach does have spits, that's for sure.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^I agree, I hope this ain't just a "lets make some money real quick off a reunion tour" thing......altho I will be going to rock the bells on the 18th....

May 11, 2002
In October 2000, de la Rocha left Rage Against the Machine, due to "creative differences." It is rumored that Tim Commerford's stunt at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards, where he climbed on one of the fixtures on stage because RATM had lost the award for Best Rock Video to Limp Bizkit, may have contributed to de la Rocha's decision to leave the band[citation needed].

The other members of the band sought out separate management and managed to secure the immediate release of the album Renegades. This may have prompted De La Rocha to quit. On October 18, 2000, he released the following statement:
“ I feel that it is now necessary to leave Rage because our decision-making process has completely failed. It is no longer meeting the aspirations of all four of us collectively as a band, and from my perspective, has undermined our artistic and political ideal. I am extremely proud of our work, both as activists and musicians, as well as indebted and grateful to every person who has expressed solidarity and shared this incredible experience with us.[1] ”

After searching for a replacement for de la Rocha, the other members of Rage joined up with Chris Cornell of Soundgarden to form Audioslave.

[edit] Post-Rage work

I saw Tom Morello on Tavis Smiley(I just happen to be watching) and he said that the reason they got back together is because of the Bush Administration, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I was also surprised to find out that Tom Morello graduated from Harvard and his grandfather was the president of Kenya.

Mar 13, 2003
Originally Posted by Masked Lemon
I fucking love RATM.

RATM is bad as fuck, one of the only rock groups that i listen to! I would love them to do another album of completely new material!
I own the whole RATM library and keep that shit spinnin on the Ipod!

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Ive always been fully down and in agreement with Zack and his entire viewpoint on issues (or what he presents as his viewpoints) but even without knowing any facts or details, I would know that he was the most probable factor in the band breaking up. That guy is a serious rebel in all ways, no matter what the opposition is (even his own band).

I agree that they are basically the only ones to succesfully pull off the rap-rock combo as a genre through their whole career... although I do think Hed PE's "Broke" album was extremely quality music and could be considered to fit the category. Their "Blackout" was above-average too, but not quite as good (the song Other Side is classic, GREAT laid back music). But their new shit is absolute trash, so they no longer matter at all.

Dec 26, 2004
They only going to do 3 shows for 'Rock the Bells' right? Well Wu-Tang was still worth seeing. But fuck I wish to see Rage, some coworkers said they were th shit still.