Radio is getting pretty pathedic

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 17, 2007
Around here nothings popping so now they are playing all the old ass hits, whatchu know about that, drop it like its hot, and other bull shit....

pathedic

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Been like that for a while now... that's why I don't listen to the radio. Shea explained this shit to a "T" in another thread... check it....

"The problem with half the industry these days is that these folks ARENT musicians,...they are hustlers, & music is their latest hustle. Thus leaving small amount of room for REAL musicians to get heard, due to overflooding the market with shit made on their hard drive in moms basement.

Beethoven never made a song with "royalties" in his head, & I'm sure that Little Stevie Wonder @ 6 years old wasent seeing dollar signs ( no disrespect intended to Stevie ) when he started singing."

Jan 17, 2007
SRD420 said:
Been like that for a while now... that's why I don't listen to the radio. Shea explained this shit to a "T" in another thread... check it....

"The problem with half the industry these days is that these folks ARENT musicians,...they are hustlers, & music is their latest hustle. Thus leaving small amount of room for REAL musicians to get heard, due to overflooding the market with shit made on their hard drive in moms basement."
that doesnt make to much sence

people aren't getting heard because... people are illegally downloading... what?

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
sobman said:
that doesnt make to much sence

people aren't getting heard because... people are illegally downloading... what?
Na, fuck that... that might have a slight impact (that shits illegal now too), but in all reallity... shit bein' put out these days sucks and any talented musician that deserves they shine aint gettin' the recognition they deserve cuz MTV/BET/Radio/ETC. is spednin' all they time into the "Pathetic" shit yer listenin' to these days...

BossDogg

Narcotic... Strange...
Apr 26, 2006
sobman said:
Around here nothings popping so now they are playing all the old ass hits, whatchu know about that, drop it like its hot, and other bull shit....

pathedic
Radio is getting pathetic? No shit sherlock...Its been like that ...for a....while? ...for a ages...for a fucking to long time! we need some mothafucking underground radio shit!

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Stalka All Day said:
yeah really....and u know damn well aint nobody requesting them wack ass songs....radio stations get paid and told to play so and so x amount of times a day...same for mtv and bet
LOL, damn... you are a stalker huh? J/k girl... you eveywhere though.

Feb 9, 2006
Hip Hop doesn't exist anymore. All we got now is dance music disguised as hip hop. Same as rock music. All the top rock bands out now are nothing but boy bands who play their own instruments. No one out now has any edge or realness to them.

Jul 7, 2002
Stalka All Day said:
yeah really....and u know damn well aint nobody requesting them wack ass songs....radio stations get paid and told to play so and so x amount of times a day...same for mtv and bet
People do request the stuff. I've sat in many a radio station and heard the calls.

You all just have to realize that there is a much bigger chunk of the population out there that likes "pathetic" music more than they like the shit we do. No sense crying over spilt milk, ya know?

We all have to remember that music is a business, and at the end of the day the main focus of a record label is to make money. If a major label felt they could make millions of an underground artist they would sign them and release a record immediately, but that's just not the case.

Jan 17, 2007
SHEA said:
Actually makes perfect sense.

re-read it,....so far your the only one that dont get it.
You said someones downloading something... not really helping... it could pertain to 2 parties so let me know whats up.....

BossDogg said:
Radio is getting pathetic? No shit sherlock...Its been like that ...for a....while? ...for a ages...for a fucking to long time! we need some mothafucking underground radio shit!
ya but it use to be that people were putting out new shit, now i have to listen to old shit, its gay

Sep 26, 2004
www.ChanceDizzle.com
Heat Myser said:
People do request the stuff. I've sat in many a radio station and heard the calls.

You all just have to realize that there is a much bigger chunk of the population out there that likes "pathetic" music more than they like the shit we do. No sense crying over spilt milk, ya know?

We all have to remember that music is a business, and at the end of the day the main focus of a record label is to make money. If a major label felt they could make millions of an underground artist they would sign them and release a record immediately, but that's just not the case.
Unfortunately, he's 100% right. The majority of the people who listen to radio apparently like the songs that you hear on the radio. I'm tired of hearing Ay Bay Bay and Soulja Boy and all that nonsense. But if a lot of people like the song, the radio will keep playing it because they have to keep their listening numbers up to sell advertisement space.

Apr 16, 2007
Heat Myser said:
and when that happens people will say that the artist is a sell out anyway. just enjoy the underground and ignore the mainstream.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Heat Myser said:

You got a good point Freix, but in one of my RollingStone magazines a couple months back, it said record sales are at an all time low and that people, especially young people, are buyin and resortin' back to the "old shit" like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. What does that tell/show? It shows me people aint buyin' new shit, meaning the real industry, the fans that make an industry possible is cryin' for somethin' else... somethin' new. I dunno, I think the same thing goes for rap... the population has spoken and hopefully we keep speaking by not buyin' that garbage. Maybe they'll get the picture. Independent/Indie lables are prolly makin' more money than the big shot lables these days anyway... KMK, Hed PE off of Suburban Noize...shit even Tech... they're makin' it, yet I don't hear them on the raido... maybe a "big shot" lable should try pickin' 'em up instead of supportin' this gay ass emo era...and the bubble gum/washed up rap bullshit they're playin' on the radio... but until the major record labels see this... its simply... FTI.

Dec 5, 2005

SOULJA BOY UP IN THIS HOE
WATCH ME CRANK AND WATCH ME ROLL
WATCH ME CRANK DAT SOULJA BOY DEN SUPERMAN DAT HOE
NOW WATCH ME YOUUUUUU! crank dat soulja boy.x4​

Aug 26, 2003
Straight up.

Fuck all these ringtone rappers.

laffy taffy,party like a rock star,this is why I'm hot,ay bay bay, souljah boy,etc.

Can't none of these people make an album to save their lives. Then people complain about downloading being the major reason album sales are down. When in reality its only a small part of the problem.If labels sign artist with real talent and let them have creative control people would support real music.Instead they spend all of their money on bet,mtv, and radio to play the same bullshit 24 hours a day. If it wasn't for the internet I would have never heard of TechN9ne,T-Rock,C-Mob,Z-RO,Trae,PlayaFly,CrimeBoss,BrothaLynch, and the list goes on and on. I always download an album before I decide to buy it.If I fuck with it I order it online since most underground cats don't have national distribution. Its all about being in control of your own shit. Major labels don't give a fuck about talent or the music its all about a quick dollar. Fuck helping the rich get richer if their going to brag about there whips,ice,and poppin bottles.

In the words of Tecca Nina F.T.I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9EVsHQU7Q

HIP HOP AIN'T DEAD IT LIVES UNDERGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 9, 2006
The whole fuckin problem is simply the fact that the industry has taken complete control of what they want to hear and not what we want to hear. Back when actual RAP first started there was nothing they could do to hold it back from the public because it was something brand new that they had never heard of and telling the truth about society, sellin shit outa their trunks to make $$$ and starting their own rap labels...

But once it became a house hold genre thats when big industry stepped in, took control of everything and monopolized that... You think people like NWA, Public Enemy ect. had record execs tellin em what to put out? Fuck no, they were their own company.

But now it is so popular and takes control of so many other aspects in life (clothing, drinks, perfumes/colognes, speech, cars) that all they want is shit that keeps perpetuating those markets. Hence the reason u only see mainstream promoting alcohol, bling, women, cars n money). Because not only does it make records sell more, but it makes all those other items in videos n shit sell. Rap has popularized not just music but many alcohols, rims, certain clothes and so much other shit. And thats why it aint changing. It makes money for everybody...

Puttin Tech N9ne on your tv is going to do what? Not a fuckin thing but sell records, which is nice but it doesnt produce any additional income and noone will want to endorse that which is why him and people like him dont ever get heard on a large scale. Now if you put an artist who is gonna SING not even rap about SUVs and 24' rims and Nike's and Rolex's and Crystile (WTF ever) and get people out to the clubs to spend more money, they are the ones that are gonna be put on the radio.

And until society realizes or just simply gets tired of just seein a bunch of fuckers with money and dance moves, hip hop will will continue to pump out artists who just sing about bullshit and nothing real... WHich sadly, I dont see happening anytime soon. It aint about substance anymore, its just about hooks and beats. Your verses dont fuckin matter anymore in mainstream.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
"Hip-Hop has become Republican. Everybody's talking about money, dog-eat-dog capitalism, ice all this stuff, I'm a get mine, I'm a get mine, I'm a get mine, fuck you I'm a get mine. These MC's are Republican. They're Reaganomics, yeah. These MC's are Republican. Hip-Hop used to be the language of rebellion, these cats ain't rebellin'. That's why they posin' for pictures with Donald Trump, because they love the system, they bought into the system, they are the system."
- Saul Williams

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Some of yall need to get off the underground nuts and realize.

1. Radio music is made for bitches.
2. Radio music/mainstream music is ment to dance too.
3. Underground music is ment to listen to with ya boys.
4. Get off the computer, go to a club, and tell me you dont have fun listenin to that shit and gettin crunk.

Mainstream is all about havin a good time. Not bangin, swangin, or killin just havin fun with BITCHES! Get ya game right.