Racial profiling by LPD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
Well, a friend of mine, along with myself were pulled over last night by LPD and were racially profiled as being gang members because:

1. We are mexican
2. He had on a red belt, while my watch was red.

We were leaving my apartments when a cop pulled up. My friend backed up to let him in(driveway is small) and the cop never made eye contact, so we knew what was going to happen. Any way, we were on our way to a friends house when we werent even 200 yards from my aparments when we get pulled over by the cop we let into the apartments.

He came up to the car and said we were pulled over because my friends Caddy didnt have a license plate on the front of the car. We were then told to get our of the vehicle and had to give them all our info and also had our pictures taken like some fucking models. And now we are both on the LPD gang files.

We are planning on taking these fucking pigs to court, along with the city of Livermore. Before that can happen I am gonna get some legal advice from my Uncle to see what our options are. We also have 3 witnesses who were watching the whole time.

So I was wondering if any of you think we could have a case on our hands. Why or why not? I just wanna know what yall think we can do, before I go to my Uncle for advice.

Jun 24, 2004
hobgoblin said:
Well, a friend of mine, along with myself were pulled over last night by LPD and were racially profiled as being gang members because:

1. We are mexican
2. He had on a red belt, while my watch was red.

We were leaving my apartments when a cop pulled up. My friend backed up to let him in(driveway is small) and the cop never made eye contact, so we knew what was going to happen. Any way, we were on our way to a friends house when we werent even 200 yards from my aparments when we get pulled over by the cop we let into the apartments.

He came up to the car and said we were pulled over because my friends Caddy didnt have a license plate on the front of the car. We were then told to get our of the vehicle and had to give them all our info and also had our pictures taken like some fucking models. And now we are both on the LPD gang files.

We are planning on taking these fucking pigs to court, along with the city of Livermore. Before that can happen I am gonna get some legal advice from my Uncle to see what our options are. We also have 3 witnesses who were watching the whole time.

So I was wondering if any of you think we could have a case on our hands. Why or why not? I just wanna know what yall think we can do, before I go to my Uncle for advice.

Yeah thats fucked up but i would just let it go. If u take it to court its a waste of time and money. I gave up on our "justice" system a long time ago

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
It aint about that White. At least not for me. My homie bangs norte, but I dont. I hang with this dude cuz thats my folks. I have known him since we were like 10. The cops tried to tell us his name came up from a meeting between the Fremont Gang Task Force and the LPD earlier yesterday. But because I was with him and had a red watch on, I am afflilated.

I forgot about all my rights then and there. I should have just asked for a lawyer to be present and not said shit. So hopeully I can do something about this. If anything just erase the info they took and get our pictures back. BUt Im trying to drop a fat lawsuit on the city. You might hear it on the news.

Dec 25, 2003
Yea I was just jokin bro. I would look into all avenues, possibly seek legal counsel. I know they have public libraries of law available in courthouses. I have a few books on Criminal Justice including legal aspects of evidence, but I'm sure the area of law that is applicable is police search and seizure conduct, which I have nothing on.

One *great* way to get information of this sort is to look up your local community college. Find a class on criminal justice at least somewhat pertaining to this area, and go in and sit through a class session. When the class is finished, ask the instructor if you can ask a quick question, and state your case. Often times CJ instructors at community colleges will offer you tidbits of info now and then if they are not dicks and you approach them in a chill manner. Good luck with this.

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
I know you were jokin, but it aint a joke to them. Thanks for that info. Ill be sure to hit up the community college here in a day or so and see whats up. My friend is trying to either major or minor in Criminal Justice, so I might have her ask also lol. Again, thanks for the info and the good luck. I'll try and keep this updated if I can get more info on it.

Feb 9, 2003
i'd take them to court and see if the ACLU would back me up (it never hurts to email them), not because you might win or you might wrong a right but because suing the city can get you money.

Jun 24, 2004
yes and thats america's motto. It doesnt matter if every member died in the accident as long as u come out a few million richer is all good. Well i guess money does make everything right

May 8, 2002
hobgoblin said:

1. We are mexican
2. He had on a red belt, while my watch was red..
how do you know you were racially profiled??? hsounds to me that you guys were pulled over for wearing red.

He came up to the car and said we were pulled over because my friends Caddy didnt have a license plate on the front of the car.
thats another legitimate reason to pull you over for

We are planning on taking these fucking pigs to court, along with the city of Livermore. Before that can happen I am gonna get some legal advice from my Uncle to see what our options are.
you have no options.

We also have 3 witnesses who were watching the whole time.
doesnt matter

So I was wondering if any of you think we could have a case on our hands. Why or why not?
no you have no case. simply put you got pulled over for a legitimate reason

I just wanna know what yall think we can do, before I go to my Uncle for advice.
forget about it. you are wasting everybodies time

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
@ Jazz

Shut the fuck up and get out of here with that better friends bullshit. I have been friends with him since we were 10 years old(11 years ago). Why wouldnt I be friends with him? Cuz of his affiliation. Come on now nerd. Get with the program. Shit aint even proper protocol for a fucking missing license plate on the front of a car. Having our pictures taken, all info given(SSN, where we coming from, where are we going, etc.).

@ COMMANDO

Thats real talk. I am gonna try and get some money out of this. I am talkin 7 figs, I dont give a damn. You know this would be on the news and let everyone know that us Mexicans are now the majority here in Cali and that shit isnt gonna fly with some who are gonna know how to work the legal system. But I am gonna get some legal advice before I continue first. I dont want to jump into this hastely, and end up a fool.

Jun 24, 2004
hobgoblin said:
@ Jazz

Shut the fuck up and get out of here with that better friends bullshit. I have been friends with him since we were 10 years old(11 years ago). Why wouldnt I be friends with him? Cuz of his affiliation. Come on now nerd. Get with the program. Shit aint even proper protocol for a fucking missing license plate on the front of a car. Having our pictures taken, all info given(SSN, where we coming from, where are we going, etc.).

@ COMMANDO

Thats real talk. I am gonna try and get some money out of this. I am talkin 7 figs, I dont give a damn. You know this would be on the news and let everyone know that us Mexicans are now the majority here in Cali and that shit isnt gonna fly with some who are gonna know how to work the legal system. But I am gonna get some legal advice before I continue first. I dont want to jump into this hastely, and end up a fool.

i can tell u right now your not gonna get any money. Cali's legal system is shit. Not that u even deserve 7 figs. REAL TALK

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
Mcleanhatch said:
how do you know you were racially profiled??? hsounds to me that you guys were pulled over for wearing red.

you have no options.

doesnt matter

We didnt have any red showing untill we were told to get out of the car. Wow I have a red watch on, uh oh, I am a gang member.. watch out! You wouldnt even know my watch was red unless you asked to see it. That only red I had on, everything else was blue, black and tan(phat farm). I really must be a gang member cuz I have a red watch on.. damn.

Another legitmate reason? Come on now. Thats the "reason" we were pulled over in the first place. YOu would think that if this were the only thing, my friend would have gotten a fix it ticket for the plate, but no.

Wasting everyones time? If I were, people, along with yourself, wouldnt have responded.

I do appreciate your input though. I know some people are going to think we dont, while others and myself think other wise.

I would like to hear more of a reason why you think we wouldnt have a case. As I have said, I am going to seek info first. I am not going to just up and file the claim, if thats what your thinking. If alot of the legal advice I seek says the same thing you do, then obviously, I wont be able to hold this in court and wont file a claim. All I really want man, is just our info erased and photos back. If they can do that, then there wouldnt be a need for a case.

Feb 9, 2003
Mcleanhatch said:
You have to be kidding me. They pulled him over because he was wearing red? The guy had a red watch on and the other a red belt. Unless the cops had X-ray vision I doubt they could see the belt and being pulled over for a watch is bullshit.
Mcleanhatch said:
That's the only legitimate reason.
Mcleanhatch said:
you have no options.
He has options.
Mcleanhatch said:
doesnt matter
:dead:
Mcleanhatch said:
Yup. Cop see's through car, spots red belt. Good reason. i can believe the license plate thing but you're really going out on a limb with your reasons.
Mcleanhatch said:

DaytonFamily said:
i can tell u right now your not gonna get any money. Cali's legal system is shit. Not that u even deserve 7 figs. REAL TALK
REAL TALK? You have got to be kidding me. This is the same legal system that frees cops from murder and violence charges with proof to back up allegations and it's also the same legal system that gives fat idiots millions of dollars in compensation because they blame McDonald's on their eating habits. You have a chance. REAL TALK.

Jun 24, 2004
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
You have to be kidding me. They pulled him over because he was wearing red? The guy had a red watch on and the other a red belt. Unless the cops had X-ray vision I doubt they could see the belt and being pulled over for a watch is bullshit.

That's the only legitimate reason.

He has options.

Yup. Cop see's through car, spots red belt. Good reason. i can believe the license plate thing but you're really going out on a limb with your reasons.

REAL TALK? You have got to be kidding me. This is the same legal system that frees cops from murder and violence charges with proof to back up allegations and it's also the same legal system that gives fat idiots millions of dollars in compensation because they blame McDonald's on their eating habits. You have a chance. REAL TALK.

Unless hes a white cop or has millions of dollars to waste on a lawyer team i serious doubt hes gonna get shit. And fuck mcdonalds they make people fat lol

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
There were two white cops. Unless your referring to me, I already stated I am mexican, so I dont know why you would even say that. I wouldnt really need a team anyways, IF, a big fat IF, I can get the DA on my side, I dont think a team would be needed. I value your input, but you dont really seem to give any legitimate reasoning behind your opinions, which is what I aksed for in the first post.

Again, if I have a case, I am gonna sue the Police Department and the City, who is in charge of them. Is this how they run things? Is this what they get paid for? I want my tax dollars back.

Mickey D's does make people fat, if you choose to eat it all the time. Some people are forced to get those meals because the goverment doesnt do shit about the poverty here. As Tupac said: "They have money for wars, but cant feed the poor."

Jun 24, 2004
hobgoblin said:
There were two white cops. Unless your referring to me, I already stated I am mexican, so I dont know why you would even say that. I wouldnt really need a team anyways, IF, a big fat IF, I can get the DA on my side, I dont think a team would be needed. I value your input, but you dont really seem to give any legitimate reasoning behind your opinions, which is what I aksed for in the first post.

Again, if I have a case, I am gonna sue the Police Department and the City, who is in charge of them. Is this how they run things? Is this what they get paid for? I want my tax dollars back.

Mickey D's does make people fat, if you choose to eat it all the time. Some people are forced to get those meals because the goverment doesnt do shit about the poverty here. As Tupac said: "They have money for wars, but cant feed the poor."

ok just let me ask u one thing though, what did they tell u the reason for pulling u over for? Did at any time did they say its because your mexican? Oh and the white cops thing was for the la court system, they fucked up and let a group of people off who were guilty and then to make a sort of "amends" they let off another person who was guilty. I think we all know what im talking about.