PS4 IN DEVELOPMENT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
PlayStation 4 has just been confirmed to be in development to follow up the PlayStation 3 console once again after recent mutterings that it was nowhere near time to talk about it yet.

“For the home equipment the PS3 still has a product life,” he said, “but this is a platform business, so for the future platform – when we’ll be introducing what product I cannot discuss that – but our development work is already under way, so the costs are incurred there.” Sony’s executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato made the revelation on a conference call to investors

Sony in this conference call has revealed expenditures in their budget by telling us that they have begun and/or continued to increase the investment into their next-generation console (theorized to release in 2014 the earliest). The system might not be called PlayStation 4 and it might not be released in 2014, specs and details are guesses at best for now. But the fact remains, Sony is spending money on building something new to bring out next-generation.

In the past Sony has spoken about design philosophies behind the PlayStation 4, though they have been reluctant to directly hype the console since they believe the PlayStation 3 is still just getting started with more possibilities on the way. One of the major design philosophies behind the PlayStation 4 is to have engineers work with developers directly and evolve the new architecture of the CELL.
Sony has also stated in previous interviews that they will release their system last, after Microsoft and Nintendo release theirs. This rules out any sort of likelihood that we would see marketing for it this soon. Expect to see a lot of PS3, Xbox 360, NGP, Project Cafe and Xbox 720 until that time.

YEP THEY CONFIRMED IT, GO AHEAD AND START HATING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT

Jun 11, 2004
What it all boils down to for me is the games, and Microsoft has owned Sony in that department for the last 6 years. Until that changes, I'm stickin with the box.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
Fucc xbox and its rushed design flaws, they lost me with the red rings, they knew about it and still released ain't no amount of call of duty time release exclusive content gonna make me wanna buy a 720 or another 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.