Problem Wit Homeboy Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Westbay666 is speakin hard truth.

I mean the question you gotta ask here is "What are you rappin for?" Just for some hood fame, where muthafuccas know ya name at the mall or somethin when they see you? OR for just a little bit of money that will insure you that your Metro bill, Pg & e bill, stay paid, gas in ya car, and you got somethin on studio time? OR are you rappin trying to get some real money? Where you can actually pay mortgage notes, car notes, living expenses...

Dec 12, 2008
MY OPINION ON THAT IS THAT YOU CANT....IF YOU PUT OUT A POP OR MAINSTREAM HIT AND THEN PEOPLE BUY UR ALBUM AND YOU GOT NORTE SHIT ON THERE, CHANCES ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE TURNED OFF BY IT....OUTSIDE OF NORTHERN CALI HOW MANY PEOPLE REALLY KNOW OF HOMEBOY RAP OR RELATE TO ANYTHING THEYRE RAPPING ABOUT??.....
i do relate to homeboy rap and so do alot of others here in nm n theres not really a whole lot of northerners here

Jun 12, 2003
Westbay666 is speakin hard truth.

I mean the question you gotta ask here is "What are you rappin for?" Just for some hood fame, where muthafuccas know ya name at the mall or somethin when they see you? OR for just a little bit of money that will insure you that your Metro bill, Pg & e bill, stay paid, gas in ya car, and you got somethin on studio time? OR are you rappin trying to get some real money? Where you can actually pay mortgage notes, car notes, living expenses...
good post thats the truth..

Oct 3, 2006
The problem is, everyone wants to be a fuckin' rapper. Just look at this website as a whole. EVERYONE tries to do music and usually they suck at it. Then you got the people who suck at it represent the type of music you usually like. Unfortunately anyone can go buy a damn mic and download fruity loops, do a superfast rap and think they're tight and call themselves a CEO or some shit. Everyone here can probably count 5 people they know in person that raps...seriously. I don't know, fuck music in general.
IE= "VINCE= "CEO" OF GARLIC FRIES RECORDS OR WHATEVER THE FUCK ITS CALLED

imo myspace is good for networking and promotin the already established artist, while its bad cause now everyone thinks that they can rap and claim to be "CEO" when their mic and equipment is stored in there closet lmao

Feb 1, 2009
ALOT OF YOU HAVE GOOD POINTS, BUT IF A HOMEBOY THINKS HE CAN RAP FUCK IT LET HIM DO WHAT EVER HE PLEASES....EVEN IF HE CANT BUST A RAP... WHO ARE WE TO SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE. IF YOU OR I DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT LISTEN TO HIM PERIOD.
YOU NEVER KNOW MAYBE WITH SOME SUPPORT AND SOME EXTRA STUDIO TIME HOMEBOY MIGHT IMPROVE AND BEFORE YOU KNOW HE MIGHT BE LAUGHING AT YOU!!LOL