Problem Wit Homeboy Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 19, 2004
I THINK 1 OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS IS ALL THE SK SAYIN IN TRACKS, I THINK IT B BETTER IF THEY REPLACED THOSE WORDS WITH "RIVALS" "ENEMIES" ...THOSE OTHER TYPA WORDS . N MORE KICKBACK SHYT,

May 19, 2004
IM JUST SAYIN , NOT ALL ENEMIES R S...... THINK OF IT THIS WAY , WOULD U BUMP SOME SHYT SAYIN CRIPPLED KILLA, SLOB KILLA, MINORITY KILLA ..... LIKE IN EVERY VERSE . DUNNO BOUT U BUT I WOULDNT, THAT AINT MY PEDO . IN THE OTHER HAND EVERY1 HAS ENEMIES . IF THE POINT OF THE THREAD IS HOW 2 REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE, THATS A MAJOR KEY, ITS BEEN SAID MANY TIMES B4 ON THE BOARD . NOW IF U TRYIN 2 REACH ONLY 2 HOMEBOYS THEN KEEP DOIN THE SK SHYT .... BUT EVEN THE HARDEST HOMEBOY WILL GET TIRED OF HEARIN ALL THE NEGATIVE SHYT AT 1 POINT ER ANOTHER /

Mar 25, 2005
IM JUST SAYIN , NOT ALL ENEMIES R S...... THINK OF IT THIS WAY , WOULD U BUMP SOME SHYT SAYIN CRIPPLED KILLA, SLOB KILLA, MINORITY KILLA ..... LIKE IN EVERY VERSE . DUNNO BOUT U BUT I WOULDNT, THAT AINT MY PEDO . IN THE OTHER HAND EVERY1 HAS ENEMIES . IF THE POINT OF THE THREAD IS HOW 2 REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE, THATS A MAJOR KEY, ITS BEEN SAID MANY TIMES B4 ON THE BOARD . NOW IF U TRYIN 2 REACH ONLY 2 HOMEBOYS THEN KEEP DOIN THE SK SHYT .... BUT EVEN THE HARDEST HOMEBOY WILL GET TIRED OF HEARIN ALL THE NEGATIVE SHYT AT 1 POINT ER ANOTHER /
IF A HOMEBOY WANTED MAINSTREAM RECOGNITION THEN HE WOULD HAVE TO START MAKING MAINSTREAM MUSIC. HOMEBOY MUSIC WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO A WIDER AUDIENCE. iF A HOMEBOY WANTS TO SUCCEED IN MUSIC AND REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE HE WOULD NEED TO PUT OUT SOMETHING OTHER THEN HOMEBOY RAP.....

Sep 22, 2007
IF A HOMEBOY WANTED MAINSTREAM RECOGNITION THEN HE WOULD HAVE TO START MAKING MAINSTREAM MUSIC. HOMEBOY MUSIC WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO A WIDER AUDIENCE. iF A HOMEBOY WANTS TO SUCCEED IN MUSIC AND REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE HE WOULD NEED TO PUT OUT SOMETHING OTHER THEN HOMEBOY RAP.....
To put it in Homeboy language, he means Sell-out.

Aug 14, 2007
^^^^ How is that selling out? NIGGAS just got to open up their music to a different fan bases and thats it. if NIGGAS gona make a cd talking about killing this foo and then going to a bbq after go ahead. That aint gona make no radio play. there are very few foos out now that can make it far in the game. just one to name would be Sleepy Santino. His Northern Lifestyle album had some tracks that shit on NIGGAS whole albums.

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
^^^^ How is that selling out? NIGGAS just got to open up their music to a different fan bases and thats it. if NIGGAS gona make a cd talking about killing this foo and then going to a bbq after go ahead. That aint gona make no radio play. there are very few foos out now that can make it far in the game. just one to name would be Sleepy Santino. His Northern Lifestyle album had some tracks that shit on NIGGAS whole albums.
That's the whole reason DRF didn't say SK & rep gangs on most of their music. It didn't work too well for them, but at least they tried. I know DYNO got at least some radio play & I think a few other Northern artists.

Aug 14, 2007
Most NIGGAS on here are fuckin stupid tho. Still asking questions about how these Southerners get Radio play, high quality videos on MTV etc... and homeboyrap can't. Get yourselfs schooled up on some other shit beyond the blocks. You don't see any southerner video (ON MTV) talking about killing someone or any blue rag geting tossed out on the screen (which is very rare if there has been one). Of course they will make it big even tho most of them cant rap for shit. they dont have to show anything that has to do with gang banging in there video. but when you buy the album they will have little things such as only 13 tracks on the album or someone showing off tats wearing a LA hat. once they got there foot in the door they had that power to start making millions of cd that are weak ass fuck that are about gang banging...

sO basically NIGGAS got to shut the fuck up. quit hating if you dont like someones music. and start networking. of course shit dont come free but dont act like you lyrics are WAy better than the NEXt NIGGAS cuz they aint. That the only way "HOMEBOY" Rap will take it to another level.

Sep 22, 2007
Well then it's hard to understand. Does HBR want to stay UNDERGROUND or mainstream. People just can't be satisfied.

Aug 14, 2007
YOU CAN DO BOTH. you just got to come out with some good mainstream music but still come out with underground shit such as mixtapes or comps. yall cuz you gone mainstream dont mean you are a bitch. just cuz you change up your lyrics dont mean your less of a homeboy.

Mar 25, 2005
To put it in Homeboy language, he means Sell-out.
NOT EVEN....I DONT JUDGE A HOMEBOY BY WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC HE PUTS OUT..I DONT EVEN LISTEN TO HOMEBOY MUSIC...IF A HOMEBOY RAPPER DECIDED HE DIDNT WANT TO RAP NORTE SHIT ANYMORE BECAUSE IT DOESNT MAKE MONEY AND SWITCHED HIS STYLE TO GET FURTHER, YOU CANT KNOCK HIM FOR THAT....ESPECIALLY IF HE IS STILL GETTING DOWN IN THE STREETS....

Mar 25, 2005
MY OPINION ON THAT IS THAT YOU CANT....IF YOU PUT OUT A POP OR MAINSTREAM HIT AND THEN PEOPLE BUY UR ALBUM AND YOU GOT NORTE SHIT ON THERE, CHANCES ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE TURNED OFF BY IT....OUTSIDE OF NORTHERN CALI HOW MANY PEOPLE REALLY KNOW OF HOMEBOY RAP OR RELATE TO ANYTHING THEYRE RAPPING ABOUT??.....