Police Raid X-Raided Jail Cell; Phone, MP3 Recorder Discovered

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2008
Police Raid X-Raided Jail Cell; Phone, MP3 Recorder Discovered
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:00 PM

By Roman Wolfe

Pleasant Valley State Prison officials recently raided the jail cell of incarcerated X-Raided and found a digital cell phone and a WAV/MP3 recorded in his possession.

X-Raided, born Anerae Brown, was arrested and convicted along with four others, for the 1992 murder of a rival gang member’s mother.

Lyrics from his 1995 album Xorcist were used against him during his trial, resulting in his conviction of gang related homicide in 1996.

He was sentenced to 31-years in prison. His contraband was discovered after a state employed laundry room supervisor was accused of smuggling contraband into the prison.

A confidential informant told officials of the contraband in the rapper’s jail cell.

Prison guards found a Roland R-09HR WAV/MP3 Recorded hidden insides an Arts in Corrections Keyboard.

They also found a Nokia cell phone, a charger and an extra battery hidden inside of two typewriter cartridges.

Inmates are found in possession of phones on a regular basis and it is not a crime, but a minor infraction, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations rules and regulations, an issue that prison officials are presently working hard to change.

"It’s a big problem for us (CDCR) with budget cuts and furlough days, having state employees willing to being inmates contraband for money. It’s happening now more than ever,” a prison guard stated under the condition of anonymity.

Over the years, Brown has managed to release dozens of albums from prison, including The Unforgiven Volume 1: In The Beginning.

In 1999, a prison guard at the Salinas Valley State Prison was eventually fired for his role in smuggling recording equipment in for Brown.

In late 2008, X-Raided announced he would be releasing a new series of Unforgiven mixtapes, along with another full length album titled Eternally Unforgiven.

Mar 13, 2003
he always finds another way to get music out.....I dont think this is the 1st time something like this has happened to him either...I think i recall another thread like this years ago.

Mar 13, 2003
/\
I think last time they threw him in the hole for that shit.......dont remember how long but i dont recall any time being added to his sentence?!

Feb 4, 2010
lol! well hopefully the beats and vocals are way better then that damn externally project ! im sorry but i coudnt even listen to that cd with all that static that was way too much!there !
last single i heard on itunes off bb was mixed way better thoe i have to admit!but idk ill have to see..almost at give up point thoe ..on new raided .i shoudnt have to waste my hard dollar on that kinda material with static and 1990 triton sounding modules thoe !step it up!

Feb 4, 2010
Lyrics from his 1995 album Xorcist were used against him during his trial, resulting in his conviction of gang related homicide in 1996.

thought it was pyshco active ?

Feb 4, 2010
CCMON x should have a nice crispy new album out !!! i jsut dont buy it !! esp with all the new prison music programs they got going on now adays ! that nigga should be easily getting music out wothout having to use a phone ! he should have a nice new crispy i phone in there loaded up with studio apps were he can easily record acapellas thru apps and his doubles and send it directly to emails n shit !!!!!!now adays ! or have a nice blue moon mic is his cell...!!ccmon get to it guys !...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
how you gonna tell someone who has been locked up for music not to make music...and then not communicate and record? thats fucked up he should be allowed to, hes the reason for some of the dopest west coast shit put on beat ever..jail or not

all people whom have gone through something big should be able to document it and freely speak about it nto keep others from doing it..just my thinking..x raided was one of my favorite rappers we used to play his songs over and over at the homies pad...