Playstation Network Hacked?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2007
The PlayStation Network has seen its fair share of problems since it launched, but its latest woes may be the worst yet. Starting this morning, users started running to forums and blogs to complain that they were having difficulty connecting to PSN, receiving an error code "80710A06." The reason for the outage is presently unknown and apparently more serious than Sony was expecting. On the official PlayStation Blog, Patrick Seybold, the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media for SCEA, laid out the present situation in a brief statement:

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can."

This isn't something that's going to be fixed in the next hour...this is serious, and based on that statement, it seems Sony is having difficulty tracking down the root cause. There are theories that hackers, protesting the recent legal battle between Sony and a PS3 hacker, are the ones behind the attacks, but none of that can be confirmed at this time.

It's not the first time PSN has run into issues. Back in March, 2010, PSN was inaccessible for numerous users worldwide for about a day. That issue was a bit more grievous, as it prevented some players from enjoying PS3 games, even if they weren't attempting to connect online.

This shit ever happen to Xbox Live members?

Feb 14, 2006
It's not the first time PSN has run into issues. Back in March, 2010, PSN was inaccessible for numerous users worldwide for about a day. That issue was a bit more grievous, as it prevented some players from enjoying PS3 games, even if they weren't attempting to connect online.
I remember that having everything to do with the fact it wasnt leap year but the ps3 system thought it was.. That whole thing took my trophies away and my completion for MW2 went from 75 to 25.

I didnt even know there was a problem with PSN until the topics came up here. Havent bothered signing in yet.

Dec 4, 2006
This shit ever happen to Xbox Live members?

yes it has, the longest XBL was down was 10 days...

And it wasn't just PSN that got shut down..

Someone hacked the Amazon EC2 servers and brought down databases, lots of websites got shut down because of it...

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Hacker group known as Anonymous is denying any involvement with the recent PlayStation Network outage, which has currently seen the service down for over a day now.

Sony suffered from a similar PSN outage earlier this month, and while the company never provided an official explanation, Anonymous took responsibility then. Not this time, however.

"While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves, AnonOps was not related to this incident and takes no responsibility for it," the group said in a message through its website.

"A more likely explanation is that Sony is taking advantage of Anonymous' previous ill-will towards the company to distract users from the fact the outage is actually an internal problem with the company's servers."

Sony says it is still investigating the cause of this current PSN outage.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1163571p1.html

Apr 25, 2002
So I have had my fair share of red rings, but the good thing is, you got 3 years FREE coverage for it.

Im a firm believer, that you get what you pay for. Ill stick with XBL, cuz I never have experienced any problems.

Other than that MW2 glitch where everyone was launching tubes.

I guess when its free, you go through this kind of stuff.

Dec 4, 2006
lol still dick riding the rlod like its 2009 and ps ylod is a big problem too
3+ years with my PS3 and still had no issues with it..

6-8 months into owning a 360 and had my first RROD, got a new one, 5 months later i get another RROD. Microsoft sent me a new xbox and that one lasted a good 9 months and guess what? RROD ......i rest my case!