Playstation Network Hacked?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
3+ years with my PS3 and still had no issues with it..

6-8 months into owning a 360 and had my first RROD, got a new one, 5 months later i get another RROD. Microsoft sent me a new xbox and that one lasted a good 9 months and guess what? RROD ......i rest my case!
iv had my xbox for about 18 months without a problem

youre doing it wrong

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
File this one under things we never thought we'd put in a headline.

A man in St. Petersburg, Florida thought he could get away with robbing a convenience store if he made people think he had a gun.
Upon entering the store, 20-year-old Cameron Pittman had what police say was a Playstation controller stuffed in his pocket and tried to make employees think it was a firearm. We're assuming it was a Playstation Move controller or some sort of accessory that actually would have looked like a pistol of some sort.

Then again, we like the image of an unmistakable Dual Shock controller bulge being passed off as a weapon of force.

It's a story we can laugh about because the robbery never actually transpired and no one was injured. Pittman had apparently just robbed a nearby Subway and police were tipped off that he had entered the grocery store in question. They were able to enter the store while the attempted burglary was in process.

At that time, Cameron dropped the controller, revealing to all just how bad of a criminal he was.

Because he did not actually have a gun, Pittman will not face an armed robbery charge, but he will likely go to trial for "strong-arm robbery," which means he used extreme force to commit the crime.

Pittman was also on probation so he will face charges for violating his probation as well.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
The outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity service, now in its fourth day, looks set to continue after the company said on Sunday that it is "rebuilding" its system to better guard against attacks.

Sony said on Saturday that the outage was caused by an "external intrusion" into the network, but has yet to detail the problem.

The PlayStation Network is used for PlayStation 3 online gaming and sales of software to consoles and the PlayStation Portable. The Qriocity service runs on the same network infrastructure and provides audio and video to Sony consumer electronics products.

The latest update, while not explaining the intrusion, pointed towards it being relatively sophisticated.

"Our efforts to resolve this matter involve rebuilding our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure," the company said in a statement. "Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security."

Sony said it is "working around the clock to bring them both back online," but didn't say when they might return. Phone calls to the company's Tokyo headquarters went unanswered on Sunday.

"We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project," the statement said.

The outage has left PlayStation 3 owners unable to play online games. Networked gaming, in which gamers collaborate with others in real-time battles, challenges and quests, is very popular and typically enjoyed by millions, especially over the weekend.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
The outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity service, now in its fourth day, looks set to continue after the company said on Sunday that it is "rebuilding" its system to better guard against attacks.

Sony said on Saturday that the outage was caused by an "external intrusion" into the network, but has yet to detail the problem.

The PlayStation Network is used for PlayStation 3 online gaming and sales of software to consoles and the PlayStation Portable. The Qriocity service runs on the same network infrastructure and provides audio and video to Sony consumer electronics products.

The latest update, while not explaining the intrusion, pointed towards it being relatively sophisticated.

"Our efforts to resolve this matter involve rebuilding our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure," the company said in a statement. "Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security."

Sony said it is "working around the clock to bring them both back online," but didn't say when they might return. Phone calls to the company's Tokyo headquarters went unanswered on Sunday.

"We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project," the statement said.

The outage has left PlayStation 3 owners unable to play online games. Networked gaming, in which gamers collaborate with others in real-time battles, challenges and quests, is very popular and typically enjoyed by millions, especially over the weekend.

Aug 9, 2006