Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2006
Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670

i guess his win is really going 2 his head

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I like Paul Pierce and I think he's a great player but if he was the best player in the world he would have won an NBA Championship without K.G. and Ray Allen.

Feb 13, 2006
I like Paul Pierce and I think he's a great player but if he was the best player in the world he would have won an NBA Championship without K.G. and Ray Allen.
Not exactly...I think Kobe is the greatest player in the world right now but he couldn't win a NBA championship with his present team.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
whatever. like i would expect a player like pierce to be like "oh hell yeah kobe is the best player." What kinda question is that? One that's going to get a "no" and then their own input.

Jan 3, 2006
hahaha ^^

yeah i started taking an interest in the USA basketball team .. and i came down here 2 see if anyone was talking about them or when they played

and saw this article and thought i would post it

and coming back 2 the article ... its funny that he thinks hes the best right now .. but wasn't considered for a spot in the USA Olympic team

Nov 7, 2006
you have to have that confidence though. it's like in a boxing or mma fight everyone thinks there the best. pierce is saying what every allstar thinks in there head and dont say it. pierce is my fav but IMO he aint even the best on the team lol.

Feb 12, 2008
I saw this shit and was like somebody needs to slap this niggas momma. He is the best player in the world...when Vladimir Radmonovic is guarding him.

Kobe has never came out and said he is the best player in the world. Its just known.

Jan 5, 2006
this isnt intended to be racist or anything.. but why is it that in sports mainly black players always getting into shit? drunk driving, fighting, shit talking.. whatever it be.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
what did you expect him to say? kobe is god? come on now. maybe he was throwing a jab back at kobe for kobe sayin that the nba championship isnt really that important in comparison to an olympic medal. now thats a fuckin joke. name one major sport where an olympic medal is more important than a world championship. soccer? no. hockey? no. baseball? no. tennis? no. boxing? no. basketball? of course not. somebody is still bitter about tasting shaqs ass.

Mar 18, 2003
i just think in his mind he thinks hes the best player. why wouldnt he say that. i dont think he was saying kobe is conceited, even though its possible to interpret it that way.
Maybe because he was telling a Spanish reporter and at the time he didn't think about it leaking into American news. And as far as being conceited, he was talking about himself. After saying he was the best player, he told the reporter not to misinterpret it as him being conceited, but rather confident.