Pac overrated?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
My problem isn't that people call him the greatest. My problem is that people weren't saying that when he was alive. Same with BIG, same with Pun. To me he is overrated, I love his albums I'm a fan but some people take it too far. I'd say Tupac definitely has the worst diccriders in hiphop, maybe the worst in any genre. A lot of his fans have put him on an untouchable pedestal. They hate who they think he hated, they talk about "ridin for pac" (that never stops making me laugh). You have people disecting his lyrics for "hidden meanings" or "clues". It's pathetic. That's all I'm going to say about it. I'm not going to get into the 4 page long arguments that topics like this always turn into.

Apr 25, 2002
Tim said:
You have people disecting his lyrics for "hidden meanings" or "clues". It's pathetic.
Yup...I swear, I see some folks analyze his rhymes like theyre scriptures from God or something....while I can think of MANY rappers whos lyrics are much more deep, creative, interesting, or whatever else ure lookin for.

Apr 26, 2002
I dont think 2Pac is overrated, I do think there is too many wanna be pac's out in this game. ANYBODY that has respect for rap music will place 2PAC in the top 5 of all time, baised on his skills and the impact he has had in the game. So I dont think he's overrated.

Apr 26, 2002
YoungVicious said:

Yup...I swear, I see some folks analyze his rhymes like theyre scriptures from God or something....while I can think of MANY rappers whos lyrics are much more deep, creative, interesting, or whatever else ure lookin for.

lol!!! ok buddy

Apr 25, 2002
206RIDAH said:
ANYBODY that has respect for rap music will place 2PAC in the top 5 of all time, baised on his skills and the impact he has had in the game.
Not me....and I have as much respect and love for rap music as anyone u will ever meet. He would probably make the top 20 in my book.

Apr 26, 2002
YoungVicious said:

Not me....and I have as much respect and love for rap music as anyone u will ever meet. He would probably make the top 20 in my book.
We all know that you are not from this earth, so you dont count! lol

but thats just my 2 cents

Apr 25, 2002
YoungVicious said:

thats real right there....just take a trip[ to tupacboard.com and look at all the shit they say its crazy

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i'd put him in the top 10 of all time....he had a big impact on rap....but not as many people loved him when he was alive....a lot of people started loving him after he was gone...

May 4, 2002
i thought pac came hard, one of the top 10 rappers from the west coast when he was alive, after his death he became more popular, but his music is being torn apart and fuck'd with.... its jus not the same........................ n about lookin 4 clues, i find that shit funny 2, people actually sit around all day and listen to lyrics tryin to convince people he is coming back on the 7th day of the 7th moon in the 7th dimention at 7 o clock....... lol crazy shit

RiP 2pac

Apr 25, 2002
he is an above average rapper(lyric wise),but not the greatest and not the realest....

i saw on some shit were dude said alot of people said or say what pac says but pac makes you feel it,maybe,but only cus hes mainstream and more people hear him....he aint no harder in my oppinion than mac dre,or boots from the coup....

he gets way too much credit,i dont know if its cus hes dead or what,but rappin rons dead and he was way tighter than pac and just as real....

the realest in my oppinion is the coup,boots speaks nothin but reality and alot of peolpe dont like that,cus its real....

Apr 25, 2002
WHOEVER DON'T THINK PAC'S THE BEST JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MOST OF US DO. IT'S SELF EXPLANATORY. EVERYONE CAN RELATE AND ACTUALLY FEEL HIS LYRICS.