OT:Eminem Plans To Relapse, Twice This Year

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 7, 2008
In addition to announcing a concrete release date for his upcoming Relapse album, Eminem will also plan a following LP during the same calendar year. A video for the number one single, "Crack A Bottle" [click to listen] will be released on April 7, with the full Relapse album scheduled for a release on May 19.

"A lot of people were expecting 'Relapse' to drop last year," said Eminem. "I was one of them. Then Dre and I went back in the studio in September for a few days, and that turned into six months. We were on such a roll; we wound up with a ton of new music produced by Dre. Putting out 'Relapse 2' will let everyone get all of the best stuff."

The dual release marks a renaissance for Shady, who hasn't released a proper solo studio album since 2004's Encore [click to read]. After authoring the New York Times Best-Seller Eminem: The Way I Am, Em saw the lead singe from Relapse, "Crack A Bottle," set a SoundScan record for most opening week sales [click to read].

Sep 30, 2006
nice! cant wait for this. i know this will be FIRE!!! i really think that when Em dropped his last peice of shit album Encore, he mad it terrible on purpose. i mean, he knew that he would still make some money off of it but i think he wanted out of the spotlight for a while. and what better way to get out of the game for a while than make a horrible album that nobody wants to listen to. i bet he will go hard as hell on this one.

Aug 12, 2008
thats pretty dope news. i hope the quality of the songs down drop because of the numbers of song he will be making i.e. 2 albums. But yeah well hyped to hear some new eminem, its about time!

Oct 7, 2008
nice! cant wait for this. i know this will be FIRE!!! i really think that when Em dropped his last peice of shit album Encore, he mad it terrible on purpose. i mean, he knew that he would still make some money off of it but i think he wanted out of the spotlight for a while. and what better way to get out of the game for a while than make a horrible album that nobody wants to listen to. i bet he will go hard as hell on this one.
couldnt agree more, encore sucked ass imo. He stepped out gracefully and is coming back with 2 cd's mostly produced by dre. Couldnt ask for a better comeback just hoping the songs aren't all like crack a bottle, he needs to get back on that marshall mathers, slim shady type music not the club hype bullshit

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
encore sucked. crack a bottle was garbage. both these albums will suck. somebody feed em a bunch of hallucinogens and pain killers and throw him in the booth and ill buy that album.

Jul 3, 2008
encore sucked. crack a bottle was garbage. both these albums will suck. somebody feed em a bunch of hallucinogens and pain killers and throw him in the booth and ill buy that album.
i agree...besides the buying the album...id listen to it

the eminem that wore white tees n jeans and rapped about drugs and killing people and funny shit was DOPE

the eminem that wears bandanas n biker gloves and raps like that dog wit the accent is wakk

i have no hope left for em

Jun 22, 2007
i agree...besides the buying the album...id listen to it

the eminem that wore white tees n jeans and rapped about drugs and killing people and funny shit was DOPE

the eminem that wears bandanas n biker gloves and raps like that dog wit the accent is wakk

i have no hope left for em
agreed, SSLP and MMLP were GOLDEN. Loved that shit. The Eminem Show wasnt bad, but it wasnt great, and Encore was just disappointing.

I had high hopes for Relapse until I heard Crack A Bottle. That song BLOWS. I hope thats the worst song on the album. You'd think he'd come out with a great song since hes been away for 5 years, but no.

Jun 29, 2008
He need to go back to his roots at least in concept....maybe do a funny track but a raw one. Not that corny shit. N that lyrical flame. Ill dl if it the shit ill buy, and forget pre-ordering i don have as much faith in him as i do in tech as far as stayin' true

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
agreed, SSLP and MMLP were GOLDEN. Loved that shit. The Eminem Show wasnt bad, but it wasnt great, and Encore was just disappointing.

I had high hopes for Relapse until I heard Crack A Bottle. That song BLOWS. I hope thats the worst song on the album. You'd think he'd come out with a great song since hes been away for 5 years, but no.
It's from 50's album, supposedly.

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Isn't the whole point of naming the album "relapse" saying he's going back to how he use to rap???

I cant wait for this, I'm buying it def. and praying to God he brings his old shit back.