OT: Crooked I Hip Hop Weekly Finale

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 29, 2005
Wow that's two times you got me with a super fucking clever comment!

Perhaps that's because I don't think he is. It has nothing to do with ADMITTING shit. And why don't you stop swinging from his crooked third eye?

Followed by...

Now stop talking, "abode wok".

My last post was "This song is a million miles better than his freestyles... Because it makes some sense. But it's still not really so much anything I'd buy. Just not the style of rap I'm into. Maybe Tech saying he's in his top 3 has something to do with lyrical content and less to do with his mic skills btw"... Which is actually complimentary compared to what I said about that 57 million week (I won't put out an album in years) last freestyle.

At least I said it made sense and had some relevant content.

Not to offend you, because it's nothing personal, but I really don't even want to hear those tracks. I just listened to 3 different styles of his music and his shit just isn't doin' it for me. I guess I have no taste... ::shrug:: I could give a fuck.

And that's what you're going to get from me as far as Crooked goes. Sorry I'm not as cool as you guys. I like shit that's fun, I'm not "rap emo" like some of you kats are.
Heres my last shit. I can respect opinions but when it is fact about the skillz a person has and not opinion based i have to stand up. Just cause u listen to hiphop or rap dont mean u know the culture of really understand the music and whats represented behind it. A long history of spitters homeboy and its called evolution. Just like Tech. Thats why i feel Tech cause hes an evolved nigga! He keeps growing as Crooked does but in my opinion Crook is different but growing more deeper. The aspects he touches and not just metaphors either. A nigga from the Eastcoast as well as a nigga from the west can feel crook. He's got the history and gives me a visual of a westcoast nigga but has the lyrical captivation of an original eastcoast mc! Need i say more??? An honestly bro i dont mean to get locced lol but really bruh listen to Crooked I a lil more plz:) He will grow on you as u begin to understand what he is about. Realizm!!!

Nov 7, 2006
dont worry Zero your not alone, i nevr liked crooked I all that much neither. he's a like a better version of luda to me with all the metaphors and shit but he lacks depth in lyrics IMO. i dunno there are a couple tracks that were good of his depth wise but other than that it's just metaphorical ya know

Jun 29, 2005
dont worry Zero your not alone, i nevr liked crooked I all that much neither. he's a like a better version of luda to me with all the metaphors and shit but he lacks depth in lyrics IMO. i dunno there are a couple tracks that were good of his depth wise but other than that it's just metaphorical ya know
Its prob cause u from Boston g! No offense but he got and speaks a western mentality as im from the southwest so i guess thats why i can relate a lot but crook is gettin deeper as i said. Just keep ya'lls eye out.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^i know he got talent and a great rapper and everytime he drops shit i check it just in case but like i said i like people with alot of depth in there songs and all he really do is the metaphor shit real well which isnt bad but i need more. i like all different types of rap from everywhere so i dont think thats why i dont like em. i like alot of westcoast shit as well as sout and east. i actually think i like more westside rappers than any other coast so.....

Nov 14, 2002
but when it is fact about the skillz a person has and not opinion based i have to stand up.
Why? Are you Crooked I's homie or something? Wouldn't you call someone a nut rider if you didn't like a Tech song and someone said "Bullshit that song is the best, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about"... You know you would.

Just cause u listen to hiphop or rap dont mean u know the culture of really understand the music and whats represented behind it.
That's a pretty stupid fuckin' statement. First off, I don't think anybody ever said that because I listen to rap, I know about culture and all that... But if you want to bring it up, I do READ what people have to write/say about culture in newspapers, magazines, and books... I DO watch the news, I DO see it represented in movies and on television. So while rap music has little to no influence on my knowledge of culture, I wouldn't say I don't have a decent grasp on at least a rudimentary knowledge of culture. Here's a very basic example... I understand that American Indians did a rain dance (a form of culture, in dance, music, clothing, and beliefs) and that the reasoning behind it was to bring rain during dry seasons to help grow crops.

And I learned all of that WITHOUT listening to Native American drum beats. Amazing isn't it?

On that note, all I said was the shit was wack, not that I study the plight of the black man and that Crooked I and his freestyles represent your culture.

The song... It's wack. Talk about reading too much into shit.

It's all good though.

Aug 26, 2003
Did You Know?...crooked i holds the record for sayin "boss" 302 times in one song.
he uses it as a noun and verb like the smufs used "smurf"
yup after the 9th or 10th hip-hop weekly I got tired of hearing that shit lol. Crooked is an incredible artist, but he's too caught up in this swagg im a boss/hustler etc bullshit going on these days. I've yet to hear him blackout like he did a few years ago on the wake up show(grindin freestyle, and the semi-battle with chino xl)