OT: Crooked I Hip Hop Weekly Finale

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
What? "Bustin like Keanu Reeves" is deep? Then talking about whatever artist he just jacked a beat from?

Or I've been a friend of 70 Mile records for years and would help promote a lot of their shit even if they were putting out blank cd's.

That's song sucked and you can't tell me it didn't.
Even fucking Tech named him one of the top 3 rappers alive. I think he knows what hes talking about. You don't know shit.

Nov 14, 2002
Even fucking Tech named him one of the top 3 rappers alive. I think he knows what hes talking about. You don't know shit.
Out of curiosity, how many Doors albums do you own? How many System of a Down albums, how many Slipknot albums and/or Hed pe albums do you own? Because if you take Tech's opinion on everything so close to heart, you must be huge fans of all of those bands.

If Jay-Z was asked who the top 3 rappers alive were, would he say "Crooked-I" OR "Tech N9ne"?? WTF does that have to do with shit? I guess everything Tech says is cool, and I should just blindly agree with him. Yeah, Tech would respect that type of shit.

Crooked I = Boring to me... Sorry.

He kills it with the Smells LIke Teen Spirit music
That part was interesting, and the only reason it was, is most likely because I've never heard someone rap over Nirvana before. But it's not like he changed up his style so much in that verse, so it's obviously the music that made the verse.

Aug 31, 2005
if Crooked I is boring to you MF Doom will make your ass comatose

and if it really matters, i have all SOAD, Slipknot albums...not a huge fan of hed pe

and im feeling Crooked, have been since he was on Death Row

Nov 14, 2002
if Crooked I is boring to you MF Doom will make your ass comatose
It did... Trust me.

and if it really matters, i have all SOAD, Slipknot albums...not a huge fan of hed pe

and im feeling Crooked, have been since he was on Death Row
Well my point is obviously that if everything Tech says is undeniable truth, and I'm some sort of wackbag for not liking Crooked I because Tech likes him, then everyone on this forum should be bumping The Doors greatest hits next to Afrika Bambaataa and Slipknot... I doubt that's happening.

Aug 26, 2003
It did... Trust me.

Well my point is obviously that if everything Tech says is undeniable truth, and I'm some sort of wackbag for not liking Crooked I because Tech likes him, then everyone on this forum should be bumping The Doors greatest hits next to Afrika Bambaataa and Slipknot... I doubt that's happening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EeYQZYiZFM

If you wasn't feeling that you just might be retarded.

Nov 14, 2002
It's better, but that's not sayin' much. Does the guy have a song that ISN'T a freestyle where he actually has something to say other than a long list of metaphors?

Aug 26, 2003
It's better, but that's not sayin' much. Does the guy have a song that ISN'T a freestyle where he actually has something to say other than a long list of metaphors?
http://plat1num3000.imeem.com/music...e_crook_show_dis_crooked_i_nobody_understand/

it'll start playing automatically

he recorded enough material for three albums while he was on death row. I gave up on him about 5 years ago, I got tired of waiting for an album but I know the cat has a lot of talent.

Nov 14, 2002
This song is a million miles better than his freestyles... Because it makes some sense. But it's still not really so much anything I'd buy. Just not the style of rap I'm into. Maybe Tech saying he's in his top 3 has something to do with lyrical content and less to do with his mic skills btw.

Jun 29, 2005
Zero Media, i think you should change ur name to Zero Taste or Zero Inches! lmao I can't believe u still just won't give in and admit that Crooked is one of the illest lyricist alive. To be honest after hearing the Hip-Hop Weekly Series and then hearing Tech's new shit or rather the sampler its not doing what Everready did for me! I think you just dont understand grammar and the correctness and depth of language itself! Enuff said home skillet! Future reference listen to Crook if u want to fit it! lol

Dec 1, 2007
Crooked I - Tuck Ya Ice

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10298393d4ee6d88/

Chino XL & Crooked I - Tap Dance

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10298471575febe1/

There is seriously something wrong with anyone who can listen to those two tracks and still say Crooked I is whack.

The finale hip hop weekly was ill, period.

The funny thing with people who hate is they can't respect a man's talent simply cuz that artist isn't in their personal preference. I hate Cassidy and I'm not into Lupe but I know both can be ill at times and I give respect when respect is due. You get it?

Nov 14, 2002
Zero Media, i think you should change ur name to Zero Taste or Zero Inches!
Wow that's two times you got me with a super fucking clever comment!

I can't believe u still just won't give in and admit that Crooked is one of the illest lyricist alive.
Perhaps that's because I don't think he is. It has nothing to do with ADMITTING shit. And why don't you stop swinging from his crooked third eye?

I think you just dont understand grammar and the correctness and depth of language itself!
Followed by...

Enuff said home skillet! Future reference listen to Crook if u want to fit it! lol
Now stop talking, "abode wok".

The funny thing with people who hate is they can't respect a man's talent simply cuz that artist isn't in their personal preference. I hate Cassidy and I'm not into Lupe but I know both can be ill at times and I give respect when respect is due. You get it?
My last post was "This song is a million miles better than his freestyles... Because it makes some sense. But it's still not really so much anything I'd buy. Just not the style of rap I'm into. Maybe Tech saying he's in his top 3 has something to do with lyrical content and less to do with his mic skills btw"... Which is actually complimentary compared to what I said about that 57 million week (I won't put out an album in years) last freestyle.

At least I said it made sense and had some relevant content.

Not to offend you, because it's nothing personal, but I really don't even want to hear those tracks. I just listened to 3 different styles of his music and his shit just isn't doin' it for me. I guess I have no taste... ::shrug:: I could give a fuck.

And that's what you're going to get from me as far as Crooked goes. Sorry I'm not as cool as you guys. I like shit that's fun, I'm not "rap emo" like some of you kats are.

Oct 25, 2006
As much as I disagree with Zero that Crooked I isn't as good as other people think, I do respect that he at least gave him listen then formed his opinion. To each his own, everyone should chill the fuck out, everyone likes different shit. By the way, I do think that Crooked I is up there with the best of em, but why the fuck ain't he makin an album?? I'd love to see what that would be like...

Aug 26, 2003
As much as I disagree with Zero that Crooked I isn't as good as other people think, I do respect that he at least gave him listen then formed his opinion. To each his own, everyone should chill the fuck out, everyone likes different shit. By the way, I do think that Crooked I is up there with the best of em, but why the fuck ain't he makin an album?? I'd love to see what that would be like...

thats a 10 year old question lol. He's too busy yelling boss and horshoe gang everyday.

Dec 1, 2007
My last post was "This song is a million miles better than his freestyles... Because it makes some sense. But it's still not really so much anything I'd buy. Just not the style of rap I'm into. Maybe Tech saying he's in his top 3 has something to do with lyrical content and less to do with his mic skills btw"... Which is actually complimentary compared to what I said about that 57 million week (I won't put out an album in years) last freestyle.

At least I said it made sense and had some relevant content.

Not to offend you, because it's nothing personal, but I really don't even want to hear those tracks. I just listened to 3 different styles of his music and his shit just isn't doin' it for me. I guess I have no taste... ::shrug:: I could give a fuck.
That's fine. I just think you're missing out. Tuck Ya Ice is more political than anything. And Tap Dance airs out radio trash. They're not bad tracks. If you ever do get bored one day though you should really take a listen.