Oklahoma vs Baylor and Oregon vs Stanford

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Yeah i read that Mariota was hurt this morning as well. He clearly didnt look right out there. Without the threat of the QB actually running, the zone read is more or less worthless once the defense understands the situation. UW runs the same zone read and they could be 1000X better if Keith could actually threaten to run the damn ball.

If Mariota is that hurt, then they need to look at their very capable backups. They have two very talented guys behind Mariota. Rodrigues is going to be a good one.

Props: FerrerSF
Dec 4, 2011
i'm not a really big fan of these spreads. oregon did not look great vs UCLA at home but they did put up like 30 something in the 4th so people that didn't watch that game will think they blew UCLA out and oregon did beat washington and washington is getting better but when oregon has played a team that recruits as good as oregon or better, i think oregon is winning under 50% of those games.

i don't know if the ducks win last night if chip kelly is still there but its clear to me that the rest of the pac 12 is catching up to oregon and oregon is dropping off. oregon is still a really really good team but that gap is closing fast

May 9, 2002
i'm not a really big fan of these spreads. oregon did not look great vs UCLA at home but they did put up like 30 something in the 4th so people that didn't watch that game will think they blew UCLA out and oregon did beat washington and washington is getting better but when oregon has played a team that recruits as good as oregon or better, i think oregon is winning under 50% of those games.

i don't know if the ducks win last night if chip kelly is still there but its clear to me that the rest of the pac 12 is catching up to oregon and oregon is dropping off. oregon is still a really really good team but that gap is closing fast
UW, UCLA, WSU, ASU, UA are all getting better...completely agree. Part of that is the revenue money being spread around now. Part of it is social media and recruiting...part of it is understanding that nothing is static in sports. Oregon has put together top 25 classes in each of the last 5 years. They have talent. They have done a tremendous job building from the indie out, meaning the lines. Their secondary is excellent.

May 9, 2002
Hasn't Cal been always in the top 3 in the P12 for recruiting classes for the past decade or so? Might be too early but I don't think Dykes is the right guy for them.
Word is many big time boosters never wanted Dykes and are already seeking out a replacement.

Cal was recruiting well...until UW cam along and stole Tosh Lupoi.:paranoid: