OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2008 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah I am beginning to see it now. I meant to type Al and Rob Ryan needs to go. Kiffin as head coach has no control over anything in regards to defense? That's not right at all but then he'll get the blame for the team losing like they did (like I was blaming him a few days ago). How could he run his offense when the defense is giving up points? Seems like our defenders probably wanted to blitz too but they're being held back and asked to cover too long.

Huff only blitzed twice last year out of all them plays? Wow.... Yes, D-Angelo Hall was right we were outschemed too...

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
may I ask who is your team? just out of curiosity...

and yeah... we might break 8-8

that was my preseason prediction... I was never expecting much more than that

I would happy with that... as it would be a big improvement from 4-12
BY SOME OF MY COMMENTS AND MY PROFILE, I THOUgHT YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW. BUT TONY HIT IT ON THE NAIL. EXCEPT, I'M MORE THAN A FAN. I'M A DENVER CITY REPRESENTATIVE.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah I am beginning to see it now. I meant to type Al and Rob Ryan needs to go. Kiffin as head coach has no control over anything in regards to defense? That's not right at all but then he'll get the blame for the team losing like they did (like I was blaming him a few days ago). How could he run his offense when the defense is giving up points? Seems like our defenders probably wanted to blitz too but they're being held back and asked to cover too long.

Huff only blitzed twice last year out of all them plays? Wow.... Yes, D-Angelo Hall was right we were outschemed too...
Finally you're seeing the light Tony...finally.. LOL

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Henderson might start

David White

Friday, September 12, 2008

(09-11) 19:50 PDT -- Raiders offensive tackle Mario Henderson is close to making his first NFL start in one of the loudest NFL venues.

Starting left tackle Kwame Harris missed practice again Thursday with a knee injury. If he doesn't practice today, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said Henderson will most likely start Sunday against the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

"I want to show them they can depend on me if I do get a chance to play," said Henderson, a third-round draft pick last year. "I don't want them all yelling and screaming at me."

Last year, the Raiders started backup tackle Paul McQuistan at Kansas City and won.

Walker update: Wide receiver Javon Walker practiced again, but Kiffin hasn't decided if he will play or miss a second game with a hamstring injury.

"There's something there," Kiffin said. "I don't know that I would say he has the best burst that he's had since he's been here, but he looks like he's ready to play."

Ashley Lelie will start if Walker can't.

- David White

Apr 25, 2002
We really gotta run the ball now..
I agree. My only fear is that we will be forced to pass because penalties will put the offense in bad position and we'll have alot of 1st and 15's and 3rd and long plays. I dont think the D will be as bad this week so hopefully it wont be an up hill battle the whole game.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I hate when that happens... it happened to me when I was playing Madden last night. Two back to back holding penalties... It was like 1st and 30. I couldn't complain though because it happens in real life.

Nov 7, 2002
Henderson lacks a lot of skill has a long way to go I think if he starts at least two false starts by him and he gets JR lit up at least three times by not holding his blocks. And the bad part about it he will be protecting JR blindside just not a good thing but shit who knows maybe its not going to be so bad will have to wait and see.

Apr 25, 2002
Look for atliest another 100 yards worth of penalties if Henderson starts
I gotta give Henderson props for todays game in KC. He played much ebtter than anyone expected. No penalties as far as I can remember and did a solid job run blocking. The left side of the line opened the biggest holes with Henderson and Gallery next to each other. Lets see how he does against some better competition.

Speaking of penalties what was the deal with the D? They played well but there was like 6 offsides penalties on the fuckin front 7, ridiculous...gotta get that fixed.

Jan 18, 2006
stop tryin' to make excuses about why my team's game was so close, i guess you also forgot that Patriot defense too huh? Last I checked they aren't to shabby....best front 7 in the league IMO and I'm sure alot of others aswell. They were the most stingiest defense to run on last year ya know....

KC losing to NE by only 7> Oakland getting shit stomped by a division rival AT HOME ON NATIONAL TV!

Chiefs>Raiders
so does last weeks scores matter at all now, ya the Raiders looked bad last week but obviously Raiders > Queefs.

Nov 7, 2002
Yea I have to eat the shit I said about Henderson but KC's D made the whole offensive line look like pro bowlers today so will still be watching next week against the bills. I think the D smelled blood and just wanted to get as much preasure as they could after that horrible showing last week.