**Official** HALO REACH thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
I played a few rounds, nothing groundbreaking, just your usual Halo multiplayer. People had jetpacks though and I couldnt figure out how to use it. Shakin the rust off I'm gonna play a bit more later, I'm so used to MW2 controllers I kept using that button layout
same here was not used to playing halo anymore. also i believe you have to unlock those jet packs almost the same way you unlock perks and guns on MW2. so far so good though!

Jan 12, 2006
mayne fuck microsoft! all halo reach servers are down. guess their wasnt enough servers to keep everyone online. they need to make halo on the PS3 that way i dont gotta be dealing with microsofts bull shit.

May 19, 2005
dude this shit is sick!!! its def different but in a better direction
i used to worship halo,then after halo 2 i kinda fell off,but this shit,i like were there goin
only good things to come
fuckin jetpacks WHAAAT!!!

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I was hooked on Halo 1, I used to play online using Gamespy before Xbox Live existed. But I gotta admit Halo's time has come and gone. The campaign mode in Reach is gonna have to really impress for me to believe that Halo can hang with today's games. And I hope they're holding back some secrets and features on multiplayer cause this feels just like the Halo I played in 2002. Not that that's a bad thing but you need to evolve it

Jan 12, 2006
dude this shit is sick!!! its def different but in a better direction
i used to worship halo,then after halo 2 i kinda fell off,but this shit,i like were there goin
only good things to come
fuckin jetpacks WHAAAT!!!
co-sign! it took me a while to adjust to the new controls but now that im getting it down this game is so sicc! the sprint and jetpacks are raw!

May 3, 2002
I played like 5 mins and HATED it! but i never really really liked halo. But then i got on with some friends and it wasnt too bad. The jetpacks are pretty sick, had to get used to the controls again. I'll have to play some more, but its not bad.

May 31, 2007
Maaaan I used to be a fuckin halo nerd no joke... Going 30 and 10 every game and shit... one time went like 30 and 6, open season and shit on shotty snipes... I know theres obviously people who done more, but im the run n gun type so those numbers arent bad.

anyway, i dont see the big buzz on this game. I was fucking stoked to play it but it aint nothin special.. I think that the jetpacks, invis, and all that stupid shit is taking away from the actual halo experience.. It feels watered down, like they had no where else to go.. and wtf is this needle rifle? It looks wack as shit. All the weapons actually look like some bullshit. It looks like this shoulda been Halo 1, not the 5th installment.

Sadly, Bungie has got me. I will be buying this game and crossing my fingers for a good campaign

EDIT: one thing thats in both diretions for me is the armor.. I like getting ranked up, and the armor for points makes it worth working up you know. The only prob with it is that now the armor efects gameplay as well. Its taking Halo and adding all this unessicary shit that tweaks how the original game worked...

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Seems like everybody on Siccness usually hates new shit that gets added to shooter games, that's why got to take opinions with a grain of salt, must be the casual gamer that thinks shits too hard. Also gotta remember this shit is a beta, I've yet to play it but shit looks dope.

May 19, 2005
i guess im kinda over the realistic shooters,never thought id say that.but it seems like after a while all the cod multiplayer games get way way to serious,halo reminds me of back in the days havin fun,droppin down and angerl droppin fools,launchin sticks from across the map,i dunno im kinda diggin the sci fi side of it again,and i honestly wrote halo off after 3,i think the jetpacks bring such a different aspect to the game,you can hover across levels,you can go straight up and get the best vantage point of the map and see where the enemies are at,only shitty thing is after 2 weeks were gonna have to wait close to 6 month to play it again

May 31, 2007
you can go straight up and get the best vantage point of the map
This is basically exactly why I dont like it... It was always a fight to get to the best spot and hold it off. And yea sure you can argue that now that you can use the jet pack you would still have to fight people off going up there, but then you know that they are just gonna fly there ass right back to you and start shooting you.

Another thing, it takes too long to kill people even with headshots. And also the jetpacks to me suck becuase it kills CTF.. People always just fly over the map to grab the shit. I started to because its too damn easy, and others do it too..... And I still think that the graphics are fucking weak.. well not the graphics themselves, but the way the guns look and how you throw grenades and shit.