Official 2012 Oakland Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Rolando McClain arrested again
Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2013, 7:14 PM EST
McClain Getty Images

The Raiders ultimately didn’t cut linebacker Rolando McClain during the 2012 season. That could be changing in 2013.

McClain was arrested in Alabama on Tuesday, according to WHNT-TV. After being pulled over for a window-tint violation, McClain gave the arresting officer a false name.

Last year, gun charges against McClain were dropped when the alleged victim decided not to proceed with the case. McClain separately was suspended two games for conduct detrimental to the team.

The latest charges aren’t nearly as serious, but the fact that McClain has now faced two off-field issues will surely attract the NFL’s attention.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Rolando McClain: I’m falsely accused, corrupt cops are out to get me
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2013, 6:11 PM EST
Rolando McClain AP

Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested on Tuesday for providing a false name when he was pulled over. At least, that’s why the police say he was arrested. McClain says he was arrested because the police are corrupt and out to get him.

It probably won’t help McClain’s case that the “false name” he gave police was an expletive.

According to the police in Decatur, Alabama, an officer saw a car being driven with a driver’s side window tinted so dark that the officer couldn’t see anyone inside at all, and so the officer pulled the car over. That car was driven by McClain, and when the officer approached the car, McClain rolled the window down all the way and refused to let the officer inspect the window. Asked for his driver’s license and proof of insurance, McClain said only, “You know who I am.”

The officer told McClain that he needed to inspect the window, but McClain refused to allow the inspection, saying that his doctor had diagnosed him with sensitivity to light and that he was therefore exempt from the tinted-window laws. Eventually, after the officer called a police supervisor to the scene, McClain allowed his window to be inspected and was given a citation for his window being too dark.

At that point, McClain was asked to sign the citation, and he wrote in the space for the signature, “F–k y’all.”

Officers asked McClain to put his real name on the ticket, and McClain answered, “That is my name.” At that point, McClain was arrested for providing a false name.

The Decatur Daily caught up with McClain to ask him what happened, and he pointed the finger at the police.

“I’m falsely accused of everything,” McClain said. “It’s corrupt. It’s terrible.”

Asked if he thinks the police are out to get him, McClain said, “Yes. You said it. I answered it.”

McClain will have his day in court on the charges of providing a false name. But if McClain is being mistreated by the police, there are probably better ways for him to go about defending himself than writing an expletive on a ticket for tinted windows.

Props: Rossibreath
Feb 12, 2004
tony is about to cream his pants

Raiders interview Martz for offensive coordinator job
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2013, 6:46 PM EST
Martz Getty Images

Plenty Raiders fans have been asked for an update regarding the team’s search for a new offensive coordinator.

The good news? We have one.

The bad news? We have one.

Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group reports that the Raiders quietly have interviewed Mike Martz for the vacancy created when Greg Knapp was fired after only one season.

Martz rose to prominence in 1999 as the architect of the “Greatest Show on Turf,” the Rams team that won an unlikely Super Bowl with a high-octane, quick-strike offense. He then became the head coach when Dick Vermeil retired.

And it all started to crumble for Martz during Super Bowl XXXVI, when he stubbornly refused to run the ball even though the Patriots were routinely dropping eight men into pass coverage. Within four years after that, Martz was fired by the Rams in a haze of front-office dysfunction. Thereafter, Martz has served as offensive coordinator of the Lions, 49ers, and Bears. Martz has no past experience working with Raiders coach Dennis Allen.

Per Corkran, the Raiders have interviewed long-time Eagles offensive line coach and less-than-two-year defensive coordinator Juan Castillo for the vacant position of offensive line coach in Oakland.

The Raiders are also looking for a linebackers coach and a special-teams coordinator, along with their first playoff berth since 2002.