Official 2012 Oakland Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Brandon Tierney ‏ E @EASTSIDEUP Tierney
just watched replay of Palmer's INT again, in slow mo, 3 times. That was on the money, Ford has to fight for the rock! Perfect throw.

The evidence: money throw, on the hands. HC Dennis Allen joins #TheDrive, so I will ask him directly @957thegame

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
just watched replay of Palmer's INT again, in slow mo, 3 times. That was on the money, Ford has to fight for the rock! Perfect throw.

The evidence: money throw, on the hands. HC Dennis Allen joins #TheDrive, so I will ask him directly @957thegame

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-...on-opener-an-aberr?blockID=756657&feedID=2801

Ford's flop in exhibition opener an aberration?

OAKLAND -- Sure, it was only a preseason game, a relatively meaningless exhibition in which the main goal is to emerge from it healthy. Right?

So you could almost excuse Jacoby Ford for not selling out completely on the long bomb Carson Palmer threw his way down the left sideline in the Raiders' opening drive against Dallas Monday night, the ball falling into Gerald Sensebaugh's arms for an easy interception.

ford_jacoby_raidersVsdallas_large.jpg
But the lackluster manner in which Ford, ahem, chased Sensebaugh on his 31-yard return? Not so much.

Same goes for his ensuing two drops on Palmer throws across the middle, one in which Ford exhibited "gator arms," and for his butchering a punt return when he muffed the ball and fell out of bounds for a one-yard gain.

In fact, Ford was crushed on the opening kickoff. More of a breakdown in the return scheme than his fault, but it set the tone.

[RELATED: Jacoby Ford stats | Splits | 2011 Game logs]

It was not a night worth remembering for Ford, starting at wide receiver in place of the hamstrung Denarius Moore. And with so many questions -- fair or not -- from observers wondering how he would react with his two best friends on the team the past two years now plying their trades elsewhere -- Jason Campbell is in Chicago, Louis Murphy in Carolina -- only more questions surfaced in the aftermath of Ford's showing. Again, fair or not.

Or, as Raiders Hall of Fame cornerback Willie Brown told 95.7 The Game Tuesday morning about Ford, "He's got to clean up his act."

Ouch.

[RELATED: "Monday Night Football" was just awful last night]

Raiders coach Dennis Allen, meanwhile, did not defend Ford on his seeming lack of passion on the pick in his postgame media conference. Rather, he kind of said the opposite, reading between the lines.

"It was single-safety middle and we had a shot called with Jacoby and a little double move and I think the safety really made a nice play on the ball so we'll go back and take a look at it and see exactly what happened on the play," Allen said.

"But you get single-safety middle, you're going to throw the ball on the outside lanes and see if you can win."

Ford did not win that matchup, rather, Sensebaugh did.

So much was made this summer about the chemistry between Ford and Palmer -- remember the icy sideline glare in last year's season finale when Ford slipped on the sidelines and Palmer's pass to him was picked? -- and both insisted it was much improved this camp. But while Palmer was just three-of-six passing, his three incompletions against the Cowboys went Ford's way.

Reading too much into it? Maybe. It is the preseason, after all. Right?
don't know if there is any truth to this shit, but if so... Ford needs to quit actin like a little bitch. I know Louis Murphy and Jason Campbell were your boys, but this aint a fuckin social event, it's a football team. get over it breh

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Raiders rookie receiver Rod Streater doesn't like it when cornerbacks pressure him. He really, really doesn't like it.
So he breaks out some jiu-jitsu on them.
"I started studying it with my agent in January, and I really like it," Streater said.
His agent and martial arts instructor, D.S. Ping, said Streater "is not afraid of a cornerback challenging him and putting his hands on him. Rod will fight cornerbacks differently than most have seen done."
It's just one of the tricky gadgets of the Raiders' new secret weapon, an undrafted free agent out of Temple who seems to have already won a roster spot and is now vying for serious playing time. Streater and fifth-round pick Juron Criner's standout play in offseason workouts in May and June practically pulled the trigger on the trade of veteran Louis Murphy to Carolina last month.
"I am just working hard and trying to step up and make plays when the opportunities are presented to me," Streater said.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Streater has picked up where he left off this week at training camp, impressing the coaches with his route running, speed and hands.
Coach Dennis Allen doesn't want to get ahead of himself, but he can see comparisons to Denarius Moore, last year's Raiders rookie receiving standout.
"I think he's a little bit of the same type of player (as Moore)," Allen said. "He's a good route runner. Not unlike Denarius not a lot of people knew a lot about him and he came in here and did a nice job and caught a lot of people's eye and that's what this kid is doing."
It's the result of hard work and memorization.
"I know the plays," Streater said. "I studied like crazy as soon as I got a playbook. I always felt like I had the ability to play in the NFL. But I know that being an NFL player is about more than physical ability.
"It's about mental ability."
Just like he is not surprised that he is doing well now, Streater was not surprised that he wasn't picked in the NFL Draft.
"No, I went to Temple ... We didn't throw the ball," he said.
Don't get Ping started. Especially after Streater ran a 4.37 at his Pro Day at Temple - big guys that can run usually get drafted.
"I was not surprised, I guess, just really, really disappointed. After the numbers he threw up at his Pro Day, there was no reason that he shouldn't have gotten drafted. 11.2 standing broad jump, 37 and half vertical jump, 4.37 ..."
Scouts just couldn't get over the fact that he had 19 catches his senior season at Temple.
"They were like a choir, 19, 19, 19," Ping said. "They kept talking about the 19 catches. And I would say, 'but he had 400 yards with those 19 catches."
Streater had 401, to be exact, with three touchdowns. He caught 30 passes for 481 yards and four touchdowns his junior year, before Owls coach Al Gulden left for the University of Miami and Steve Addazio was brought in.
"I knew we were going to run the ball, so I just focused on blocking," Streater said.
That's a unique perspective from a receiver, otherwise known in football locker rooms as divas and ball-hungry loudmouths.
"He is very unique," Ping said. "He accepts what is offered and if it's bad, he looks for the silver lining and if it's good, he makes it better."
Ping and Streater were brought together by Mick Caba, the football coach at Alfred State (N.Y.), where Streater played his first two years before transferring. (Streater was a safety his first year there, and credits that with helping him read coverages now.)
The first time Streater worked out for Ping in Saline, Mich., he reminded the agent of former Raiders cornerback Lionel Washington, whom Ping also represented.
"He runs like Lionel and can accelerate after the catch," Ping said. "I pushed him in workouts and he enjoyed it. Then we started working on martial arts to help his flexibility and mental discipline."
The final step was finding Streater a home in the NFL, and it came down to Oakland, Green Bay and Tampa Bay. Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie and Ping have a history, and McKenzie made calls before, during and after the draft.
"He kept asking me what's wrong with this kid," Ping said. "I would say nothing - he is going to be a steal."
Streater said Raiders receiver Ted Gilmore called his old coaches to put in the good word as well.
"He said that I could play for them and they really liked me," Streater said. "That was important to me. I feel like I could really contribute the most for them."
It looks like everybody was right.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/artic...t-to-agent-D-S-Ping-3761903.php#ixzz23ZnFryB6

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
one presesson game shutout doesn't mean the season is over.when D Moore is back with CP3 and D Mac on the field at the same time this team is gonna be winning games. We got so much weapons on offense its not even funny, they didn't look to good against the Cowgirls because they needed to knock off some rust....the only thing I'm worried about is Palmer throwin ints.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
lmao @that article corinthian posted where it said criner and streater edged out "veteran" louis murphy. veteran? lololololol fuck nah. just cause a dude has been around longer than the other youngins by no means makes him a vet... who the fuck wrote that article

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
sPre-Season or not...I want a score tonight...Ford better make up for last week 2. His last performance was unacceptable...

On a side note..Grahm Harrell sucks and Taylor Mays hits hard as shit...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
If our recivers drop balls tonight..I say we go out and get Ike Turner..Ike will contribute and work hard as hell...Even if he is suspended for a couple games, ill wait...Ike and Carson have chemistry also, cuz it seems to me Carson is a little off...

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
If our recivers drop balls tonight..I say we go out and get Ike Turner..Ike will contribute and work hard as hell...Even if he is suspended for a couple games, ill wait...Ike and Carson have chemistry also, cuz it seems to me Carson is a little off...
or Ike can slap and headbutt your recievers into shape...

Props: Joey

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
will ike come for next to no pay suspended or not? shit johnson and palmer have chemistry too but i dont want an old bengals pair on the field. housh had chemistry to but what did he and carson do last year?

Im glad were playing again already, i was real dissapointed last week. i hope allen lets carson finish his drives today, taking him out half way through last weeks drive was kind of upsetting, even if he thought the drive was over and we got lucky on punts, twice.

....who the fuck is ike turner anyways? i thought dude was dead