Oden is a BUST!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
The sam bowie comparison still doesnt make much sense to me, sense we took the number 1 big dude(greg oden) as opposed to sam bowie who was the second best big man coming out of college(hakeem the Dream was the best big man in that draft, going first overall)

Mar 5, 2005
MrFedEx503 said:
The sam bowie comparison still doesnt make much sense to me, sense we took the number 1 big dude(greg oden) as opposed to sam bowie who was the second best big man coming out of college(hakeem the Dream was the best big man in that draft, going first overall)
Oden To Miss SEASON he has microfracture surgery on right knee.

Jun 15, 2005
He was expected to come in and have an immediate impact for his team, and now he can't. I may be exaggerating because of the thread title, but it's a major letdown that he can't play.

Jun 27, 2005
Major letdown, sure, a bust, no. And as far as the Amare comment, it is yet to be seen but he has all the tools to be at least as good if not better. Oden is widely recognized as the most promising big man since Tim Duncan. He is recognized as the type of dominant player that only comes around every 10-15 years. We will see who wins more rings.

Mar 5, 2007
XxtraMannish said:
Major letdown, sure, a bust, no. And as far as the Amare comment, it is yet to be seen but he has all the tools to be at least as good if not better. Oden is widely recognized as the most promising big man since Tim Duncan. He is recognized as the type of dominant player that only comes around every 10-15 years. We will see who wins more rings.
And Kwanme Brown was supposed to be the next Shag....so was Michael Olowokandi. We all know how that turned out.

Oden doesn't have the same tools as Amare... they are 2 completely different players. Oden doesn't have the foot work, athleticism, speed, or the jump shot that Amare has. Oden will block shots and rebound that is it....he wont be that dominant, don't believe the hype, other players have been built up on a lot of hype in the past and have done not a damn thang.

Yeah Amare has had the same micro fracture procedure done... but look at the history of players also having it done... the odds are against him, he will never be the same player again.

Mar 5, 2007
MrFedEx503 said:
hahaha! Oh but you past up on Durant, just like you past up on MJ to take a big man. Why did you pass up on durant.... to take a big man. The Blazers screw up again. Who would of thought, I did.

May 9, 2002
grind4mine said:
hahaha! Oh but you past up on Durant, just like you past up on MJ to take a big man. Why did you pass up on durant.... to take a big man. The Blazers screw up again. Who would of thought, I did.
Why? Uhhh...maybe becuase PO didnt HAVE a big man! Look ove the years, every champion team has had a good BIG MAN (excpet Chicago of course, but thats a huge exception).

GOOD big men WIN rings.

Jun 27, 2005
grind4mine said:
And Kwanme Brown was supposed to be the next Shag....so was Michael Olowokandi. We all know how that turned out.

Oden doesn't have the same tools as Amare... they are 2 completely different players. Oden doesn't have the foot work, athleticism, speed, or the jump shot that Amare has. Oden will block shots and rebound that is it....he wont be that dominant, don't believe the hype, other players have been built up on a lot of hype in the past and have done not a damn thang.

Yeah Amare has had the same micro fracture procedure done... but look at the history of players also having it done... the odds are against him, he will never be the same player again.
Anybody saying Oden wont be a factor on offense is delusional. He averaged almost 16 in college with ONE HAND. We're not talking about a Kwame Brown or an Olowokandi. We're talking about a guy so talented he's been projected to be the 1st pick in the NBA draft since 8th grade. And Oden will be just as good as he ever would have been, the cartilage issue was caught extremely early, and was not all that severe compared the the majority of cases where microfracture is needed. Plus we're talking about a 19 year old kid. He will make a complete recovery and be as good as ever. Something to keep in mind is that microfracture surgeries are becoming better and better as the years go on, and I think this is evidenced by Amare Stoudemire and Zach Randolph both having career years AFTER their surgeries. Blazer fans have nothing to worry about. This wasn't our year anyway. Aldridge will get more minutes to develop and if this team ends up in the lotto again, we got a shot at Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley. Then the next season we'll be looking at bringing in Oden, Fernandez and lotto pick.

Jun 27, 2005
grind4mine said:
There will be another Durant before there is another Oden.