Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Although dude came out as a faggot and what not.....

His album "Channel Orange" it's pretty decent...

it's pretty obvious in all songs he's talking about a dude LOL ..

I like the album..but damn, he's singing about a dude........and I don't know..

this album is some shit you have to listen at your house........when you alone..lol

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
but if you were to project gay on any other r&b singer that shit would sound suspect too. as stated, i give a fucc, i'll listen to it just proply not as mycg as i use too and be as open and refereing dude as before

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I skimmed through the album last night, and some of the songs sounded really good, but I dunno... I just feel uncomfortable listening to some of the songs knowing he's singing about another guy, forest gump got changed real quick, lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
From what I understood most the songs seem to be about women. But I mean if you listen to any lyrics, even of a straight R&B singer, with the thought of, is this about a dude or some gay stuff, then you will hear stuff that way. I mean look how much suspect stuff has even been said in hip-hop over the years or can at least be interpreted that way. Now I'm not talking the obvious stuff, there are places you can clearly tell it's about a girl on the album, and others as a guy. But when it's non descriptive, which happens a lot even with other R&B artists, of course knowing so is going to make you think it must be about a dude. I don't know. If I was into his style of music as long as it wasn't specifically talking about a guy (Forrest Gump for example, which I'd skip) my brain wouldn't assoicate the rest of the music as talking about guys.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't really listen to Frank Ocean's music so that point is kind of moot towards me at least about accepting him, not that it would change my opinion if I did like his music. But as I've said some of my favorite artists over the years have been gay in other genres of music. Rap is a different monster though because anyway you look at it from gangsta rap to conscious rap, and everything in between, one of the main themes is masculinity or "being the man." Personally if a rapper was gay, and like I said before wasn't rapping about their sexuality all the time, and I liked the music it wouldn't bother me.

I'm sure there are few big rappers and even more well known or "local stars" type rappers that are in the closet. If I liked their music before and it didn't change up afterwards I really wouldn't give a fuck.