Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Singing about dudes is what led to him coming out of the closet in the first place. Some British magazine heard Channel Orange and noticed that Frank was using "him" instead of "her" on a bunch of songs. He started feeling the heat and posted that thing on his Tumblr. So yeah it's a pretty safe bet he's gonna be singing about dudes lolllll

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I think the best part of this whole thing is that Frank shouted out basedgod in a preface post to coming out.

BasedGod was right

we’re all a bunch of golden million dollar babies. my hope is that the babies born these days will inherit less of the bullshit than we did. anyhow, what i’m about to post is for anyone who cares to read. it was intended to fill the thank you’s section in my album credits, but with all the rumors going round.. i figured it’d be good to clarify..
http://frankocean.tumblr.com/post/26473689116/basedgod-was-right

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Singing about dudes is what led to him coming out of the closet in the first place. Some British magazine heard Channel Orange and noticed that Frank was using "him" instead of "her" on a bunch of songs. He started feeling the heat and posted that thing on his Tumblr. So yeah it's a pretty safe bet he's gonna be singing about dudes lolllll
From what I read it's only on Forrest Gump and somewhat in one other song. I'm not a fan of his so I'm mostly looking foward to hearing a new Earl verse on his album.

But really who gives a fuck? I think it's pretty stupid that in 2012 people still have to make statements clarifying their sexuality for others before the media has a field day with it.

Nov 14, 2002
why is the media callin him HipHop though? Even russel simmons is talkin about "it a great day for hip hop" cause that man came out the closet. i have no problem with gay people i love luther,jhonny gill & sysco old music but to call frank hiphop is like callin sysco hiphop! thats a R&B singer. seems to me that a higher ups are tryin to push a "proud to be gay" movement into hiphop.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
He raps every now and then but who knows. I thought that was kind of weird myself. Although over the years the divide between hip-hop and R&B has become pretty blurry. Maybe because he's part of a mostly hip-hop collective? But he's still the R&B singer of the group so I agree with you.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
rasan said it best, love songs are ok. i just cant listen to a song if it blatently says its about a dude.when it comes to entertainment (music, movies) i project my life on them anyways and interpret it my way. when he said that line al quoted(lol btw in hindsight) i imagined this girl who i know who is good people that is les.

whatever though, let him do him i guess. faggot bashing is so eminem

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
thinking of you has a whole new meaning though..

like when he said "my eyes dont shed tears, but BOY they pour when i'm thinking about you" was this a song he said was from a "girls prospective" ? cause i never knew about that, that he did songs from the girls prospective. i figured "boy" as in a figure of speach but boy was i wrong.

fuck it.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
thinking of you has a whole new meaning though..

like when he said "my eyes dont shed tears, but BOY they pour when i'm thinking about you" was this a song he said was from a "girls prospective" ? cause i never knew about that, that he did songs from the girls prospective. i figured "boy" as in a figure of speach but boy was i wrong.

fuck it.
its all about your interpretation I just found out bout him coming out today as I read this thread but have been bumping this song thinking it was about a girl so it can go both ways depending on who you are

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yea it was cool. I think it was more polished and well rounded than n,U but that had higher highs. I don't know why he's afraid to get as pop as Novacane anymore, he's really good at it and it's very accessible.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Yea it was cool. I think it was more polished and well rounded than n,U but that had higher highs. I don't know why he's afraid to get as pop as Novacane anymore, he's really good at it and it's very accessible.
wasnt feeling it and you nailed the reasons why.
he could be the king of R&B if he focused on that sound.
i am more curious to see what happens after channel orange. will the buzz still be there? will people care? most people are just gonna check frank out because of the gay thing. but will this develop long term fans? only time will tell.
Women usually check for R&B and they like the songs imo because they feel they are singing to them, and they wish their man loved them like the nigga in the songs they are listening to. This may alienate some women fans, but i'm surprised that most women thus far are supporting him.
H @Houstone_Rudy delete Forrest Gump bro bwa ha ha ha dont even bother listening to it. ha ha.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
gatdammit. you know i had to listen to it..

wtf

dude makes some damn good music though. i like his whole themes an chit. the playstation start up use alone deserves props

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The album is number one in like 9 countries or some shit. Most people (on the net at least) seem to really love it and are supporting it as good music not because of his sexuality, as it should be.

I skimmed it seeing I'm not a fan of that style of music but if I was I could see me liking it in comparison to what's out today in the same genre. He tries some different things as an R&B artist, different sounds and styles and I applaud trying something new even if it doesn't work out but it seemed to on here. I liked Earl's verse on Super Rich Kids even though he did his sleepy type style that pops up here and there which I'm not a big fan of. Beat selection was clean too, really like how Pyramids changes up. I don't think the album will get any replay from me really apart from maybe Super Rich Kids and the song with Andre 3000 (blanking on the name right now) just because it's not really my thing but I can see it making Frank a bigger name than he already is, and not because of his sexual orientation. Dude is a really gifted song writer and if he polishes and tightens up (no homo lol) his sound a little more he could be a legend in R&B at somepoint in the future.