Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I guess they were doing a autograph signing and a mini riot broke out.

That block is fucking packed all the way down the street.

WTF is going down on Newbury Street? Tyler, the Creator's Goblin signing is causing the locals to go mental. All just a warm up for tonight's OFWGKTA show at the Paradise? The Globe is reporting at least one arrest at the rapper's afternoon appearance in the Back Bay.

The revolution will be tweeted, as they say:

@gloverashley
Screaming, "fuck the police" at cops who are angrily herding you, and 100s of other teens, seems like an overly bold move for Newbury St.

@stacos
Update - Boston EMS being request+enroute for the an injured officer from the Newbury Comics incident...

@sarakeilani
Just witnessed a huge mob of kids fighting and like 15 cop cars... on Newbury Street. Everyone was recording on their phones lol

@mariasherm
@jonblistein I hope you're already in boston: apparently the SWAT team is surrounding the @fucktyler signing at newbury comics! #swag

@RedRoomWolf
So @fucktyler just went down Boylston post @newburycomics signing. Based on screaming & flashing lights I was convinced we were under attack

@collabprojekt
@fucktyler & them brought the fucking SWAT team to Newbury Comics. Lmao.

@fucktyler
BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK Almost A Riot!!!

@brian_justie
based on what is happening on newbury street right now, i have a feeling tonight is going to be obstreperously boisterous. #ofwgkta
http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/onthedo...+The+Download)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Oct 6, 2005
That and they didn't send a whole lot to places like Best Buy, etc. They were selling them out first day and Al said the ones by him got like 30 and that's in the Bay area so I'm sure the rest of the US was around the same, maybe a little more depending where.

40-50k isn't bad at all for a first major label release for a still underground (however much he hates the term) artist that has kept everything in house. No big outside features even though I'm sure he could have had some. Plus they have a great deal through RED so they are going to get breaded out. Also I think when the She video drops it's going to pick up if anything. Hell, people were saying he'd be lucky to even hit 100,000 in a year, at this rate he should hit it within a month tops.
Fools in the Fader comments were sayin' XL bought those albums... I doubt it... Wolf Haley's killin' 'em... 50k as "underground" as he is... First week...? They need to give the kid his props... Speakin' of which, we need the props button back...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol @ XL buying all those albums. They are a pretty big indie label but they don't have that type of cash. People just want to talk down on something they don't like. Like if you don't like their music that's cool, but that's just stupid to say. I honestly think when the She video drops it will keep the album sales constant for weeks when it does if not even make them go up some. They have a great promo team for the album too which always helps. I see the first Thurnis commercial on Adult Swim all the fucking time now.

Nov 7, 2006
Boston show was fucking awesome. you can tell by tyler's twitters he didnt expect us to be that crazy. saw kids coughing blood after the show and everything and hodgy got manhandled by ssome kids when everyone rushed the stage at the end. anyone who is a fan of theres and never been to a show yet be prepared for them to be one of your favorites after the show.

also tyler almost killed mike g by throwing him off a 10ft speaker into the side of the crowd haha

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
That's the only thing I didn't like about our show, the crowd just wasn't about fucking shit up. Mostly stoners, hipsters and old dudes who may or may not have been journalists. Good shit tho Krazee, sounded like a dope show.

Nov 7, 2006
He say anything about the mini riot at the album signing? Sounds like you had a good time man, that's dope.
no but i saw that shit in person and it was pretty cool. niot the riot but the fact that so many people came out to supoort them and all had goblin cd's to be signed. i had my goblin LP signed.

That's the only thing I didn't like about our show, the crowd just wasn't about fucking shit up. Mostly stoners, hipsters and old dudes who may or may not have been journalists. Good shit tho Krazee, sounded like a dope show.
that sucks cause the crowd is what usually fuels the performer to do better. you shoulda seen them at our show, they were goin nutz and at the end they even fucked up the security there and probably fucked all the speakers up from rushing the stage. left brain bodied the kid who bodied hodgy. a couple people got arrested at our show but it was just the minors for drinking.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I know after this east coast tour they are literally overseas like almost the whole summer.

May 28, 2011 - Primavera Sound Festival - Barcelona, Spain
June 1 - Sydney Opera House, Australia
June 3 - The Prince Of Wales, Australia
June 4 - The Zoo, Brisbane, Australia
June 30, 2011 - Werchter Festival, Belgium
June 30 - July 3, 2011 - Roskilde Festival, Denmark
July 3, 2011 - Eurockeennes de Belfort, France
July 5, 2011 - Electric Ballroom, London, UK
July 13, 2011 - HMV Library, Birmingham, UK
July 7-10, 2011 - Oxegen Festival, Ireland
July 8-10, 2011 - Openair Frauenfeld, Switzerland
July 12 - Academy 2, Manchester, UK
July 14-16, 2011 - Hultsfred, Sweden
July 17, 2011 - Pitchfork Music Festival - Chicago, US
August 6, 2011 - Hard Summer Fest, US
August 13-14, 2011 - Summer Sonic 2011 - Osaka, Japan
August 27, 2011 - Reading Festival - Richfield Avenue, Reading, UK
August 28, 2011 - Leeds festival - Bramham Park, Leeds, UK

I'm guessing in the time breaks they will just fill them with more shows as they go. I don't see them flying back and forth from the states for a week or so at a time.

It looks like late July to mid August would be our best bet for a west coast tour, or at least maybe a Cali one. Although I'm sure these fools will want a vacation from touring by then and probably to work on some more music.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
radical, nightmare, tron cat = SLAP

sub slap: burger

side songs i will use on my radio show soon: au 79, untitled 63

PS: nightmare mixes good with she but you aint heard that from me SHHH i dont think tyler wants you to know this, we arent supposed to be that smart! try mixing the songs together.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^we gonna hear them mixed together on your show?

also let me request Fish ahead of time

just got back from rasputins, I called ahead, cuzzalo said they had 2 copies of the deluxe left, get there and all they got is the regular version, so I'm waiting either for them to restock or for best buy to, and I rain checked with BB so they should call me or some shit when it comes in

I did find season 1 of wonder showzen for $10 tho, that was pretty swag

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
When will misogynistic and homophobic ranting and raving result in meaningful repercussions in the entertainment industry? When will they be treated with the same seriousness as racist and anti-Semitic offenses? While an artist who can barely get a sentence fragment out without using homophobic slurs is celebrated on the cover of every magazine, blog and newspaper, I’m disheartened that any self-respecting human being could stand in support with a message so vile.

As journalists and colleagues defend, excuse and congratulate ‘Tyler, the Creator,’ I find it impossible not to comment. In any other industry would I be expected to tolerate, overlook and find deeper meaning in this kid’s sickening rhetoric? Why should I care about this music or its “brilliance” when the message is so repulsive and irresponsible? There is much that upsets me in this world, and this certainly isn’t the first time I’ve drafted an open letter or complaint, but in the past I’ve found an opinion – some like-minded commentary – that let me rest assured that my outrage, my voice, had been accounted for. Not this time.

If any of the bands whose records are held in similar esteem as Goblin had lyrics littered with rape fantasies and slurs, would they be labeled hate mongers? I realize I could ask that question of DOZENS of other artists, but is Tyler exempt because people are afraid of the backlash? The inevitable claim that detractors are being racist, or the brush-off that not “getting it” would indicate that you’re “old” (or a faggot)? Because, the more I think about it, the more I think people don’t actually want to go up against this particular bully because he’s popular. Who sticks up for women and gay people now? It seems entirely uncool to do so in the indie rock world, and I’ll argue that point with ANYONE.

No genre is without its controversial and offensive characters- I’m not naive. I’ve asked myself a thousand times why this is pushing me over the edge. Maybe it’s the access to him (his grotesque twitter, etc). Maybe it’s because I’m a human being, both a girl and a lesbian. Maybe it’s because my mom has spent her whole adult life working with teenage girls who were victims of sexual assault. Maybe it’s because in this case I don’t think race or class actually has anything to do with his hateful message but has EVERYTHING to do with why everyone refuses to admonish him for that message.

It is not without great hesitation and hand wringing that I enter into the discourse about Tyler, the media who glorifies and excuses misogyny and homophobia, and the community of artists that doesn’t seem remotely bothered by it. I can only hope that someone reading this might be inspired to speak out. At the very least, I will know that my voice is on record.
http://teganandsara.tumblr.com/