Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2006

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think people bought into it as being like the next Chronic or something. Like it was going to come and change the game forever or something. In someways Odd Future might of with how they went about doing things to get where they are at but this album is by no means game changing in itself. I think it's really dope and I've bumped it every day since it leaked. Tyler cracks me up, I like the beats for the most part and I do think it's something fresh in a day when everything is so cookie cutter, clean, and poppy for the most part in rap. I still find myself listening to BASTARD a lot so I'm sure this will be the same seeing I don't think it's much of a departure from that album. I still think GOBLIN will do around 40,000-50,000 first week and probably pick up from there. Hell the radio friendly song (I use that lightly) with Frank Ocean hasn't even officially dropped yet and people are loving it.

I do agree though that that review is pretty spot on, if people were expecting something that was going to change the game, I wasn't.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
fuck my bitch basedgod

sold out at rasputins, best buy and target

dude at best buy said they did a pretty small run like only shipped out 20 copies to each location in the bay area, so I gotta wait until the next shipment

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah it makes sense they wouldn't ship a ton seeing they didn't know what the reception would be. I'd say so far it's a lot more positive than negative though. I think when the video for She drops a lot of people are going to get on their hype even more.

Nov 7, 2006
only the deluxe edition sold out at my store in boston. people came in picked up the reg and asked for the deluxe then walked out to find it els where. now we getting a shipping of 60 in tomorrow which i guess is perfect timing cause the show is tomorrow which i cant wait for.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Tyler, the Creator On Pace To Sell 40-45k
STORY BY: ANDREW NOZ, PHOTOGRAPHY: BRICK STOWELL

You might not have heard about him yet—the entertainment media has been awful quiet for some reason—but underground Los Angeles rapper Tyler, the Creator is making quite a splash with his debut album Goblin, which dropped yesterday. Hits Daily Double, a website that projects things, projects that the record’s on pace to sell 40-45k copies in its first week. For those keeping score, that’s a higher first week open than Wale’s debut album (28k) but still much lower than B.O.B.’s (85k). Not bad for a rapper whose two singles to date feature little more than the words “Golf Wang” repeated as their hooks.

Read more: http://www.thefader.com/2011/05/11/tyler-the-creator-on-pace-to-sell-40-45k/#ixzz1M9WF5Lks

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I assumed he was black but hadn't seen him to confirm until now, never saw a pic of him on his twitter and I never really cared enough to find one elsewhere. Yeah that makes sense because those songs are pretty meh but I never heard them until now, thought others would want to check them out since he doesn't have much material out.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
He prolly would have sold more if people like me hadn't dl'd da boot leg...
That and they didn't send a whole lot to places like Best Buy, etc. They were selling them out first day and Al said the ones by him got like 30 and that's in the Bay area so I'm sure the rest of the US was around the same, maybe a little more depending where.

40-50k isn't bad at all for a first major label release for a still underground (however much he hates the term) artist that has kept everything in house. No big outside features even though I'm sure he could have had some. Plus they have a great deal through RED so they are going to get breaded out. Also I think when the She video drops it's going to pick up if anything. Hell, people were saying he'd be lucky to even hit 100,000 in a year, at this rate he should hit it within a month tops.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Syd didn't start her DJ set until an hour after doors opened when I went, that last about an hour too, so 2 hours after doors open I'd say.