Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009
from yahoo.

Back on the R&B/hip-hop scene, one of Coachella's most hotly tipped bands was Odd Future--or OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All), as they are sometimes tongue-twistingly known--who were still riding the crazy wave of hype stemming from their recent star-making "Jimmy Fallon" performance. The L.A. alternative hip-hop collective wreaked havoc in the chaotic Sahara (dance) tent, the likes of which probably had not been seen since Madonna's appearance generated total dance-tent madness at Coachella 2006. Also going on late, Odd Future stirred up a huge amount of salivating anticipation among the many lookie-looks crammed into the tent, but they never quite delivered on their promise, since they basically just shouted various curse words over canned beats for 35 minutes. (Hey, at least Cee Lo's curse-word song was catchy!) "I got too hyped and I busted this," OFWGKTA leader Tyler told the crowd, referring to his laptop, but his statement took on double meaning after such an overhyped, disappointing performance.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yahoo sucks. Most people are saying it was a great set but a little messy. But as I've said before this was like literally their 17th or so performance, what do you expect. They will only get better as time goes on and they are already pretty damn good.

Also I guess Tyler crowd surfed onto the stage with Lil B during his set, got kicked out for squirting a security guard in the face with a water gun, then let back when they found out who he was or something like that and ended up cooking on stage haha.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
most rap performances suck anyways... at least OF brings a shit load of energy and does crazy ass shit

I haven't seen them live... but form the videos I've seen it seems that they'd be more entertaining than most rappers out there

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Yahoo sucks. Most people are saying it was a great set but a little messy. But as I've said before this was like literally their 17th or so performance, what do you expect. They will only get better as time goes on and they are already pretty damn good.

Also I guess Tyler crowd surfed onto the stage with Lil B during his set, got kicked out for squirting a security guard in the face with a water gun, then let back when they found out who he was or something like that and ended up cooking on stage haha.

From the Coachella forums:

Lil B killed it
Who saw that coming? sorry odd.future.
Lil B poured Grey Goose.down my throat and Tyler punched me.in the.face because I was.wearing his hat. jesus..

Sober.thoughts: opposite of the sxsw..sets. All killer no Rain in England introspective til.the.end.

Swag. Trashed.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
shit, eminem still gets backlashed as do lil wayne.

off top i apologize for the comparison but in retrospect any and everyone has critics..no matter what. yahoo to me always seem "E!" pop hipster anyways..

fuck you al

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The yahoo quote...
I don't think many people who listen to them or rap in general are paying attention to what Yahoo has to say. From the footage I've seen it seemed like a great set. The first half of the crowd was going nuts, the back half was busy recording with their cellphones. I think some people were putting too much on them, like they were going to come out and put on a mind blowing performance that was going to change music forever or something. Their set seemed as dope as any of there other ones have been to date.

It's whatever though.

Wasn't Vince Staples album supposed to drop yesterday?

His verse on this song is hilarious "so by 7th grade i thought that i was hard as shit, ran up on the little bus punched all the retarded kids."

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

I wonder what tent basedgod performed at, they were loving his set. That basedgod X odd future collab is probably closer than ever to happening.

Dec 25, 2003

fuck typa ultra-specific fanboy shit you on Nut

These guys are basically the black ICP

with a little skill thrown in

be easy cuz